PDA

View Full Version : modchip on a memory card for the ps2!

NoQuarter
October 29th, 2007, 17:05
This should allow for easy homebrew launching on th PS2

Via memento website:
http://www.memento.smtp.ru/

Finally we are almost done!

We had some last minute issues and decided to test them deeper to be sure that all was working good.

We are still completing the User interface and will have to need a couple more days to finish up.

We decided meantime to release this first BETA PAL ONLY version of the software for everyone to test.

This should start to give you a good idea about how easy and flexible the final release wil be, but remember, is only a BETA!!

Download the file from the download section at the bottom of this page, and have fun testing it.

Final version is due this week.

The Memento Hack Team.

Hawq
October 29th, 2007, 18:25
So it seems to need a mem card with a usb port on eh? not many of those around, if real maybe a ploy to sell more of them

StealthCP
October 29th, 2007, 20:22
I'd wondered where this project had gone, though I can tell you it has my toes tingling :p Ever since my original Ridge Racer PAL disc got a little too scratched I've not bothered to homebrew with Independance on the PS2 for a month now, I'm interested here, it looks like it can be used on a standard memory card...

evilmarshy
October 29th, 2007, 22:13
Whats this thing all about? How does it work and how do I install it?

Does it work like a regular modchip (load backup games, region free stuff like that). Or is it simply a new way to load homebrew?

JKKDARK
October 29th, 2007, 22:23
Whats this thing all about? How does it work and how do I install it?

Does it work like a regular modchip (load backup games, region free stuff like that). Or is it simply a new way to load homebrew?

yeah like a modchip ;)

evilmarshy
October 29th, 2007, 22:45
Wonder if this could be installed via launch elf or something like that or is it actually flashed onto the memory card itself?