PDA

View Full Version : Phantom Hourglass crashes Euro charts

Shrygue
October 29th, 2007, 18:12
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=30041)

Nintendo's The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass has entered the charts in Spain and Germany at number one on the first week of release.

In Germany the DS title just manages to outsell EA and Valve's The Orange Box package, which enters at number two.

As a publisher Nintendo has four of the top ten titles in the region, with both Dr Kawashima games continuing to sell well, along with Pokemon Diamond.

Over in Spain, Electronic Arts FIFA 08 is hogging the top ten, with the PlayStation 2 version at two, the PS3 version at four and the PSP title at nine.

The top ten best-selling games in Germany and Spain follow:

Germany
1. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS)
2. The Orange Box (PC)
3. FIFA 08 (PS2)
4. The Settlers (PC)
5. More Brain Training from Dr Kawashima (DS)
6. Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2 (PS2)
7. Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (DS)
8. Pokemon Diamond (DS)
9. FIFA 08 (PC)
10. World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade (PC)

Spain
1. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS)
2. FIFA 08 (PS2)
3. Project Gotham Racing 4 (Xbox 360)
4. FIFA 08 (PS3)
5. WWE Smackdown! Vs. RAW 2007 (PS2)
6. More Brain Training from Dr Kawashima (DS)
7. My Sims (DS)
8. Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (DS)
9. FIFA 08 (PSP)
10. Pokemon Diamond (DS)

All data supplied by Media Control Gfk International.

Veskgar
October 29th, 2007, 20:24
I finally purchased this game last week. It sure seems as though it is another timeless Zelda classic. I haven't found too much interest in my DS Lite lately, especially being busy with my PSP Slim, but this game is a prime example of how the DS Lite can really shine with masterfully crafted games.

Unfortunately, the DS Lite is now being considered by many the ideal "shovelware" platform due to Nintendo's relatively weak quality standards. There is a lot more garbage to pick through to find great gems for the DS Lite.

The games that are great and use the DS Lites many interactive design features are truly magnificent, but there are far too many mediocre or just plain ridiculous games released for the DS Lite.

And now the PSP is starting to see an almost endless storm of high quality releases and much less junk that plagued its early days.

I think the tides are turning and the PSP with the new Slim & Lite revision will start to push forward and be taken more seriously.

Ultimately though, you just can't compare or make any PSP vs. DS Lite judgments as its Apples and Oranges. Both platforms have good, bad, and even some ugly....

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
October 29th, 2007, 20:52
I finally purchased this game last week. It sure seems as though it is another timeless Zelda classic. I haven't found too much interest in my DS Lite lately, especially being busy with my PSP Slim, but this game is a prime example of how the DS Lite can really shine with masterfully crafted games.

Unfortunately, the DS Lite is now being considered by many the ideal "shovelware" platform due to Nintendo's relatively weak quality standards. There is a lot more garbage to pick through to find great gems for the DS Lite.

The games that are great and use the DS Lites many interactive design features are truly magnificent, but there are far too many mediocre or just plain ridiculous games released for the DS Lite.

And now the PSP is starting to see an almost endless storm of high quality releases and much less junk that plagued its early days.

I think the tides are turning and the PSP with the new Slim & Lite revision will start to push forward and be taken more seriously.

Ultimately though, you just can't compare or make any PSP vs. DS Lite judgments as its Apples and Oranges. Both platforms have good, bad, and even some ugly....

Well said my friend, you just can't compare the psp and DS. Just say both is good and everyone is happy!:thumbup:

kcajblue
October 29th, 2007, 23:42
i beat this game a while back.
it wasnt hard actually.
the bosses were kinda easy.
but the puzzles were really creative.
i just got all the hearts and am probably going to try and get all the gems now.

Tonx_9
October 30th, 2007, 00:48
hmm ive always liked the zelda games. is it out in australia?

RDToT
October 30th, 2007, 12:51
as expected from a zelda game :D