PDA

View Full Version : Memonto - Memor32 Hack Released

wraggster
October 29th, 2007, 19:48
Our good pals over at tehskeen (http://www.tehskeen.net/) have provided more details about the hack to the recent Memory card released at Mr Modchips

Only a few days after the Memor32 a Playstation 2 memory card with a USB interface was released an anonymous group of hackers have released a "modchip" like BIOS for it allowing you to flash the memory card and use it like a normal modchip without even having to open up your Sony Playstation 2 and void it's warranty.

I had wondered why "scene" sites email accounts were getting spammed with product details for this "normal" looking memory card. I had also wondered what had happened to our favorite scene sites endorsed "vast" PS2 product. I also wonder who these "Russian" (can we think of similarities) hackers are and how they released a hacked BIOS for the card so quickly. Doesn't take a genius to add these things all up.

At any rate, with my insight aside it looks to be a pretty interesting product after all. Currently, there is only a PAL BIOS released with preliminary features, but we should probably expect a NTSC version soon. I wonder where those "freevast" people got off to :)

Visit: www.memento.smtp.ru