PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles

wraggster
October 29th, 2007, 21:45
Newly released at Play Asia

http://image1.play-asia.com/170/4u/pa.87487.1.jpg

features
The classic action game Castlevania: Rondo of Blood re-imagined for the PSP® system with 3D graphics, enhanced gameplay and new music
Includes unlockable versions of the original Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night games, optimized for the PSP® system
Timeless side scrolling action through more than 10 gothic stages and additional hidden areas
Return to previously completed levels to find additional secrets

description
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles is an entirely new take at the best Castlevania game to never be released in the US, Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. The Dracula X Chronicles brings the beloved action/adventure franchise to the PSP system for the first time, complete with 3D graphics, enhanced gameplay and new music. Completing the Dracula X storyline, this game also includes an unlockable version of Symphony of the Night and players will also be able to unlock the original Rondo of Blood from the NEC PC Engine.

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-b9-49-en-84-j-70-1vi7.html

ian h
October 30th, 2007, 01:27
been playing syphony of the night on pops and i have to say that i think that it is better on dracula x chronicles, you may not have the full screen setting of pops but i think the display is quet good. much prefer dxc to sotn (ps1)

jamotto
October 30th, 2007, 02:04
I wish they had not decided to change most of the sound effects in SoTN, Otherwise a very enjoyable collection. Hopefully it sells well so we have a shot at another Castlevania game.

Basil Zero
October 30th, 2007, 07:30
Nice, cant wait to get it =)

hacksparrow
October 30th, 2007, 12:16
RoB & SoTN pretty easy 2 get. BUT Peke OMFG.

it is so difficult u'd have an easier time shovin a pineapple up yours

but this collection is maaaaaad get it !!!!!:thumbup:

4luc42d
October 31st, 2007, 01:12
odd thing about this game im running 3.40 oe and the game has a 3.52 update on it yet is still works without applying the update AND the update wouldn't start is this an odd little glitch or an extra feature in the firmware i dont know about?

Apoklepz
October 31st, 2007, 17:45
odd thing about this game im running 3.40 oe and the game has a 3.52 update on it yet is still works without applying the update AND the update wouldn't start is this an odd little glitch or an extra feature in the firmware i dont know about?

I'm on 3.40 LE and I've also noticed this with NBA LIVE 08, the God of War DEMO and this game.... They all have 3.5x Updates, but somehow don't require you to update the firmware to be able to play them. Good stuff :thumbup:

I'd also like to add that I too favor the SOTN port on this game, better than my Pops version, because it's more complete (both MARIA & RICHTER are unlockable, plus a few other extras)& it looks at least 5% better than the Pops version...+ if you want fullscreen, there's always the Pops version. Some of the sounds that were changed really took the bite, like the sound of "Thunder" when Alucard is entering the castle for the first time....*OUCH!* I think the script change was implemented fairly enough...at least it got rid of a few old errors like:

MARIA to ALUCARD:"You seem human and yet...What do you here?" WTF?

LIBRARIAN to ALUCARD:"Young Master, I could never aid one who opposes the Master." Errr...He seems like a very literate old man, yet he is Redundant?!?

...But yeah, if your an old Fan like me, get this.

Napalm-Death
October 31st, 2007, 18:16
I love the new script, and I agree with you Apoklepz, the port of SOTN is a lot better than the original.