PDA

View Full Version : Doom for the PSP v1.1

wraggster
October 30th, 2007, 06:32
ChillyWilly (http://groups.google.com/group/chilly-willys-ice-flow/web/doom-for-the-psp?hl=en) has released his own port of Doom for the PSP, heres the details:

Here's my conversion of ADoomPPC, one of the better DOOM conversions (for the Amiga). It's got a simple, decent gui that runs before you start the game which allows you to set most of the major DOOM settings. On the Slim PSP, it supports TV out. This arc includes the source, two sets of MIDI instruments and the shareware WAD file. Up to date as of 2007/10/29.

Whats new:

Fixed problem with strafing and turning at the same time.
Big cleanup of the controller handling code in general.
Added ability to disable the analog stick and to calibrate it.
Added two forms of cheats.
If there is no default settings file, or if the default doesn't specify the main WAD file, it now tries to set the main WAD to the shareware WAD (idiot compensator).

Download Here (http://groups.google.com/group/chilly-willys-ice-flow/web/psp-doom-v1.1.zip?hl=en) and Give Feedback Via Comments

fenrir911
October 30th, 2007, 07:54
whenever i try and save the config it freezes... anybody want to help?

`The0n3
October 30th, 2007, 10:41
Coming right along! :)

PSP Player
October 30th, 2007, 18:11
How come when I click on the link it comes up with this page cannot be dispalyed and it doesn't come up with the zip folder and I really want to play this game!

r-complex
October 30th, 2007, 22:12
Well, WolfenDooM still won't work quite right with this port either! The PC versions won't work.. And, the Mac versions of WolfenDooM were no where to be found.. All dead links! But.. I was able to get the Amiga version of WolfenDooM to work quite well! Thing is.. I tried to get the rest of the levels but, the archives were corrupt? The only one I was able to get to deflate from that site was the only one with an (.lha) extension. All the ones with the ones with the (.LZX) didn't want to deflate! Ahh.. Poo! I think it might have something to do with the (.deh) file not being compatable or the wads themsemles? I'll go ahead and up the one that works and let me know if you get same results. And, of all the ones.. it was the one named "Die!" I think that means "The" in German but, I'm not sure! (Yeah, I zipped it just to make it easier on everyone!) Just a Warning.. IT IS A HUGE WAD WITH HUGE MAPS! DON'T LET THE SIZE FOOL YOU!

r-complex
October 30th, 2007, 22:16
HAVE PHUN!:thumbup:

fenrir911
October 31st, 2007, 03:55
ive got wolfendoom working on this port, i just merged the main doom 2.wad with the wolfendoom original missions, and with the nocturnal missions :) it just sucks that i cant save my config...

PSP Player
November 1st, 2007, 19:29
Where's the shareware file?