PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to delete WINDOWS?

quzar
October 30th, 2007, 18:09
Recycle bin shows something is in it, go to it, it looks empty, try to empty it and it asks if I want to delete WINDOWS. Now it's possible I deleted a folder named "WINDOWS" at some point, but since it doesn't show...

yea, weird ain't it?

Shrygue
October 30th, 2007, 19:21
Sometimes I get that stupid thing happen to me. I wouldn't try going with the deletion of that Windows folder, just in case in points to %systemroot% (which would be C:\Windows for me) which is where the Windows installation files are stored and I screw my machine.

My guess on how this happens is if the recycle bin isn't properly cleared like using disk programs that access it perhaps. Not totally sure on the draw though.

quzar
October 30th, 2007, 19:31
The other thing is that when I try to click restore, nothing happens.

Shrygue
October 30th, 2007, 19:35
Does that apply to single or selected files, the Restore All option for all in that's in the bin or both restore choices?

quzar
October 30th, 2007, 19:49
Restore all, as there are no files in the recycle bin.

dejkirkby
October 30th, 2007, 19:58
Maybe you could re-install your OS?

Shrygue
October 30th, 2007, 20:00
I don't think a total reinstall of Windows XP would be needed. It could be something a problem somewhere in the registry, but again I don't know absolutely for sure if it is the case.

Junixx
October 30th, 2007, 23:12
LMFAO Sorry I find that hilarious :rofl:

ExcruciationX
October 31st, 2007, 01:43
I've had that happen on XP. I just reboot the machine.

sourced
October 31st, 2007, 02:24
MAC > windows.

pibs
October 31st, 2007, 02:47
It happened to me before I read that the 'WINDOWS' In The Recycle Bin bug is created when one attempts to delete any file that is either legitimately open/in use (i.e., with full knowledge and consent of user) or in use by some other application or process transparent to the user. I did a re-install of XP Professional and I haven't had that problem since.

dejkirkby
October 31st, 2007, 06:56
If it's a registry problem, then try a prog like Tune Up Utilities.

JPJunkie
November 1st, 2007, 11:11
ha ha lol

Johnny Rash
November 1st, 2007, 14:32
MAC > windows.

MAC = Corporate Greed.

MAC sucks ass.
Let Maddox tell you why.
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=macs_cant

JKKDARK
November 1st, 2007, 15:29
MAC users are not gamers

acn010
November 1st, 2007, 15:56
if it weren't for intel processors on macs... the company wouldn't progress for shit....

the_eternal_dark
November 11th, 2007, 19:23
MAC > windows.

Linux > Mac > Windows

MAC = Corporate Greed.

Microsoft = http://www.zymetrical.com/images/products/dog-poop-candle.jpg and corporate greed and unwillingness to change. Wait they added aero. My bad.

The whole wannabe 3d desktop is a joke---->http://i.dell.com/images/global/general/aero1.jpg

MAC users are not gamers

True.

JKKDARK
November 11th, 2007, 20:57
but Linux can't run all the games :P

the_eternal_dark
November 11th, 2007, 22:34
but Linux can't run all the games :P

It runs the games I own via Cedega. Though I'm not as big of a PC gamer as I am console gaming (nothing has replaced my Dreamcast as of yet), but all my games i do have run very well and at full speed (and some have native ports to Linux).

Games I have running under Cedega:

Knights of the Old Republic I and II
Steam/Half-Life 1 & 2/ CS 1.6 & source
American McGee's Alice (old I know)
WoW (demo)
Guild Wars (and expansions)

Native Games:
Doom 3
Quake IV
UT 2004
UT GOTY

I believe that's it off the top of my head. Nexuiz is still one of the best games out.

quzar, that has happened to me on occasion when I was still using windows. It happened after deleting a lot of documents (3GB worth). Not sure what it means though.

Cloudhunter
November 12th, 2007, 09:01
To be honest, who cares what OS is better. Everyone uses the OS they use.

There's fanboys all the time.

Cloudy

the_eternal_dark
November 12th, 2007, 19:04
To be honest, who cares what OS is better. Everyone uses the OS they use.

There's fanboys all the time.

Cloudy

So true. How's everything been going cloudy??