PDA

View Full Version : PSP Firmware Version 3.72 is out

Shrygue
October 30th, 2007, 18:18
Sony have today released firmware version 3.72 for the PSP. The changelog from 3.71 is shown below as follows:

Network

Support for PLAYSTATION Network titles have been expanded.
Support has been added for [Remote Start]* of the PS3 system under [Remote Play].*To use this feature, the PS3 system software must be version 2.00 or later. For detailed information about [Remote Start], visit the PS3 Help & Support section at eu.playstation.com and select Connecting to other devices in the General Guides area.

Looks like version 2.00 for Playstation 3 will be here with us very soon.

Sonicboy 101
October 30th, 2007, 18:20
Hmmm... there's gotta be more to it than network updates.

Shrygue
October 30th, 2007, 18:23
Who knows exactly what they're up to? We will just have to wait and see.

Chackan
October 30th, 2007, 18:27
Does this mean that PSP finally is going to have a real network service?!

sappo
October 30th, 2007, 18:44
Does this mean that PSP finally is going to have a real network service?!

WHERE it does say that? :rolleyes:

Only more POPS compatibility and a FUTILE option to power-up your PS3 from distance, using Remote Play.

But I love POPS compatibility, so I wouldn't mind having a 3.72 CFW...

brunobelo
October 30th, 2007, 21:12
There's a secret item in the changelog:

*Prevent those ass-hats, who want to play homebrew using the PSP, to downgrade or use some kind of Pandora's battery. We, from Sony, hate you so much... \

:-P

shorty_carnage
October 30th, 2007, 21:22
damm sony..............give up man!

acn010
October 30th, 2007, 21:41
a secret security patch????

watupgroupie
October 30th, 2007, 22:28
Oh boy who do you have to make custom firmware now?

Cloudhunter
October 30th, 2007, 22:50
There's a secret item in the changelog:

*Prevent those ass-hats, who want to play homebrew using the PSP, to downgrade or use some kind of Pandora's battery. We, from Sony, hate you so much... \

:-P

They can't stop pandora. It's a hardware exploit :)

But has it ever occurred to anyone, that they are actually adding features? IMAGINE THAT! Oh, let's all bad mouth them because they are IMPROVING their system.

Cloudy

VexnadFett
October 31st, 2007, 00:13
yay! >.< remotenesss!!! but, i bet 2.00 for le ps3 is going to come out a lot later... but who knows! i might have my foot in my mouth real soon ^-^

BrokenHaiku
October 31st, 2007, 00:33
So, will Dark Alex return under yet another cover name, or who will step up and take the seat? Not much incentive in this update is it? Not that many will be interested in PS3 W.O.L. functionality.

...even though I am. :-x

urherenow
October 31st, 2007, 04:58
I thought there were plenty of people who wanted to see more pops compatibility... isn't that what's in this update?

Another question would be... does the current psar dumper work with this, and what would happen if I extracted/decrypted the new pops.prx and replaced the 3.71cfw prx with it?

ab9003
October 31st, 2007, 04:59
I dont get it...If the playstation network titles are what allow us to play our psx games on psp couldnt sony just get rid of the feature and then we wouldnt be able to do it anymore in the next firmware update?

Zin0099
October 31st, 2007, 06:27
how can i emulate this firmware ? devhook or through my pandora epmb08

jaws365
October 31st, 2007, 07:44
Anyone know if Resident Evil 2 works with the latest POPS, has Compatibility become any better since 3.50?

tiago357
October 31st, 2007, 13:10
Yo U Know M33 = Dark Alex Team (With More Members)U F**** B---

brunobelo
October 31st, 2007, 14:10
Anyone know if Resident Evil 2 works with the latest POPS, has Compatibility become any better since 3.50?

RE2 is fully playable, I finished it last month. I don't remember exactly how, mas there's an exploit with the ID of RE2. But it IS playable, you just have to do something. I made it, but I really don't remember. And I played using the old 3.40 OE-A.

SpooForBrains
October 31st, 2007, 15:07
Another question would be... does the current psar dumper work with this, and what would happen if I extracted/decrypted the new pops.prx and replaced the 3.71cfw prx with it?

Try it and find out! I assume you have a pandora's battery?

I dont get it...If the playstation network titles are what allow us to play our psx games on psp couldnt sony just get rid of the feature and then we wouldnt be able to do it anymore in the next firmware update?

Well, yeah, of course, and then all the people who have paid to download Playstation Network titles will sue them. Smart move on their part, yes?

Veskgar
October 31st, 2007, 15:15
But has it ever occurred to anyone, that they are actually adding features? IMAGINE THAT! Oh, let's all bad mouth them because they are IMPROVING their system.
Exactly! Its so ridiculous to hate SONY but be an avid PSP user. If you "hate" SONY, get a GP2X which is strictly for homebrew and against restrictions.

So, will Dark Alex return under yet another cover name, or who will step up and take the seat? Not much incentive in this update is it? Not that many will be interested in PS3 W.O.L. functionality.
Dark_AleX loves the theatrics, that is for sure. Nothing wrong with that. Its part of the ingredients for a lot of legends. Sure, I would love to see CFW updated with SONY's official updates but its not fair to demand or put pressure on Dark_AleX. I am most interested in the PSX (POPS) compatibility increase.

zenaxe
October 31st, 2007, 19:37
Is there any devhook like functionality in any of the M33 Releases or similar? I'm not interested in new firmware features at this point but I want to be able to fake out my firmware version to play stuff that requires the newer releases... I'm currently on 3.52M33-4 and with Dark Alex's supposed retirement, I dunno if I'll ever upgrade again....

Note: I would make a new thread for this but apparently I don't have permission? :rolleyes:

SpooForBrains
October 31st, 2007, 20:08
Is there any devhook like functionality in any of the M33 Releases or similar? I'm not interested in new firmware features at this point but I want to be able to fake out my firmware version to play stuff that requires the newer releases... I'm currently on 3.52M33-4 and with Dark Alex's supposed retirement, I dunno if I'll ever upgrade again....

I *think* there's a version spoofer. But to be honest you might as well just update.

Note: I would make a new thread for this but apparently I don't have permission? :rolleyes:

Well, no, not in here, because this is the news forum, for news. You can, however, start a thread in the help forum.

Veskgar
November 1st, 2007, 03:22
Well, if your using a Slim PSP, 3.71 M33-2 is definitely where its at.

After the 1.50 kernel patch, I also upgraded my original PSP to 3.71 M33-2 as well with no regrets.

3.52 M33-4 is very nice though for those who don't want 3.71 M33-2 for whatever reason.

-Xandu-
November 1st, 2007, 05:28
More of the changelog:

Theme Settings

You can now set a theme under [Theme Settings].

The home menu color, background and icons for XMB™ (XrossMediaBar) will change, based on the theme that is selected.

Scene search

You can now search for a scene when playing a movie that is saved on Memory Stick Duo™ media.

You can select and play the scene you want to see from a thumbnail image. This is convenient when you want to quickly play only a specific scene & Viewing a slideshow while listening to music

Simultaneous playback of content under (Music) and (Photo) is now supported.

You can view a slideshow of your favorite photographs while listening to music.

Other new or revised features in version 3.72 (with 3.70 / 3.71):

Games
New for 3.72: Support for PLAYSTATION ®Network titles has been expanded.
Network
[Assign Buttons] has been added to the (Remote Play) menu.
Video
Sequential playback of videos saved on Memory Stick Duo™ media is now supported.

DarthPaul
November 1st, 2007, 08:19
Yo U Know M33 = Dark Alex Team (With More Members)U F**** B---

Oh wow man, really!? Nice news!! Very new indeed. :rofl:

JPJunkie
November 1st, 2007, 11:01
More of the changelog:

Theme Settings

You can now set a theme under [Theme Settings].

The home menu color, background and icons for XMB™ (XrossMediaBar) will change, based on the theme that is selected.

Scene search

You can now search for a scene when playing a movie that is saved on Memory Stick Duo™ media.

You can select and play the scene you want to see from a thumbnail image. This is convenient when you want to quickly play only a specific scene & Viewing a slideshow while listening to music

Simultaneous playback of content under (Music) and (Photo) is now supported.

You can view a slideshow of your favorite photographs while listening to music.

Other new or revised features in version 3.72 (with 3.70 / 3.71):

Games
New for 3.72: Support for PLAYSTATION ®Network titles has been expanded.
Network
[Assign Buttons] has been added to the (Remote Play) menu.
Video
Sequential playback of videos saved on Memory Stick Duo™ media is now supported.

Cool

AvengedSevenfold Fan
November 1st, 2007, 13:14
im so pissed at sony for the custom icons thing. that is our thing, and our field. since theyve realized theyve lost, i guess they are just taking an alternate route and trying to piss us off.

╒uckin idiots

JPJunkie
November 1st, 2007, 13:34
im so pissed at sony for the custom icons thing. that is our thing, and our field. since theyve realized theyve lost, i guess they are just taking an alternate route and trying to piss us off.

╒uckin idiots

Yeah lol

AvengedSevenfold Fan
November 1st, 2007, 17:01
ßitches

Cloudhunter
November 1st, 2007, 19:09

╒uckin idiots

So lets get this straight. They insert a better way to use custom icons into the XMB - just select the icons and boom - they are there - and less dangerous as no replacing files, and you badmouth them?

Wow.

At least they are trying to make the firmware better for the people.

Also, why bypass the swear filter in the forum? It's totally unnecessary.

Cloudy

cdc1991
November 8th, 2007, 20:43
Guys! Sure, Sony have taken the ideas from our homebrews, but that's only because they think they'll make more money in doing that. Also, I believe that they found an exploit in the 3.71 firmware, otherwise they'd have put a LOT more into the new firmware before releasing it. I think somebody should find a way to add Sony's signature to homebrew apps, so they can run on normal firmwares. Is that not possible?

Shrygue
November 8th, 2007, 20:53
I wouldn't think so as it's near to impossible to crack a 1024/2048 bit RSA signature.

cdc1991
November 8th, 2007, 21:43
Well, a few months ago, we all thought it impossible to unbrick a PSP... Copy and Paste wouldn't work then, huh? =P

F9zDark
November 18th, 2007, 14:48
Guys! Sure, Sony have taken the ideas from our homebrews, but that's only because they think they'll make more money in doing that. Also, I believe that they found an exploit in the 3.71 firmware, otherwise they'd have put a LOT more into the new firmware before releasing it. I think somebody should find a way to add Sony's signature to homebrew apps, so they can run on normal firmwares. Is that not possible?

Afraid its impossible with any computers we have access too (now distribute the workload between 100 PS3s and maybe its doable.).

If I recall, it would take 1 person with 1 computer about a trillion years to crack the code.

cdc1991
November 19th, 2007, 20:19
Afraid its impossible with any computers we have access too (now distribute the workload between 100 PS3s and maybe its doable.).

If I recall, it would take 1 person with 1 computer about a trillion years to crack the code.
Wow. :-|
Well, anybody wanna donate to me so I can buy 100 PS3's? Please? I'll dance...

cdc1991
November 25th, 2007, 21:07
By the way, does the pandora battery mean the end of looking for firmware exploits? I cant get a hold of a homebrew compatible PSP and Id like it if somebody came up with an exploit for 3.60+...