PDA

View Full Version : DoomPSP v0.04

wraggster
July 14th, 2005, 18:01
My good friend <a href="http://lantus-x.com/PSP/" target="_blank" >Lantus</a> has in quick succession released 2 new versions of his port of Doom and Doom2 to the PSP, heres whats new:

V0.03

– Updated code to latest PSPSDK
– Updated rendering code to use libGU
– Palette now uses libGU CLUT routines
– Fixed sound (not 100% but much improved)
– Added seperate save folders.
– Misc other bug fixes and crashes fixed.
– Updated icon - thanks Pochi

v0.04

– Sound mixing fixed due to a stupid bug
– Fixed save name length
- banned from pspupdates.com (wtf)

Download from our page here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/doompsp.shtml

BaconButty
July 14th, 2005, 18:35
I guess it doesn't have a wad selector or it would mention it in the update, right?

Edit: Nope, just tested it. I put multiple wad files in the wad folder and it automatically loads Doom 2.

Cross
July 14th, 2005, 18:52
I'll give it a try. Quick question can I pull the doom wad from my mac version of ultimate doom? lol I don't have apc version and I assume to get the doom wad u have to own the game... seems like a safe guess.

docman
July 14th, 2005, 19:29
The wad files should be the same, so that should work fine. I need to dig out my copy tonight and try it. Once the midi music is added I'll probably end up replaying the whole thing.

BaconButty
July 14th, 2005, 19:55
If it's ultimate Doom, you need to rename it DOOMU.WAD to get it to work (and don't have one named Doom2.wad).

parabolee
July 14th, 2005, 20:26
Sahme he didn't implement the WAD selector, since he added save folders for all the games.

AWESOME update though, it looks great, Runs smooth as baby's ass and sound is great.

Just a few more updates and this will be the ultimate DOOM on the go EMU!

Good work Lantus.

EX-Danza
July 14th, 2005, 21:10
just wondering? why did it get banned from pspupdates.com? thats what it said in wraggsters post.

Cap'n 1time
July 14th, 2005, 21:30
according to others, he posted a bit of a hate message in .03... all I can say is... ROCK ON LANTUS!

EX-Danza
July 14th, 2005, 21:32
Oh yeah i saw it in. God it wasnt that bad. What a bunch of girls.

lantus
July 14th, 2005, 22:35
wad selector will be implemented later on - right now i was concentrating on other issues , mainly stability , sound and fullscreen

wraggster
July 14th, 2005, 22:38
Thanks for the release Lantus :)

zeromission80
July 14th, 2005, 22:43
Can Someone Help Me Set This Emulator Up. Its Tickin Me Off!!! I Keep Getting A Black Screen With A Few Command Lines Last One Saying No Files Found?

zeromission80
July 14th, 2005, 23:00
i just want to know what i'm doing wrong here

Cap'n 1time
July 14th, 2005, 23:07
Can Someone Help Me Set This Emulator Up. Its Tickin Me Off!!! I Keep Getting A Black Screen With A Few Command Lines Last One Saying No Files Found?

first off. its not an emulator really. You dont have the .wad file. google for a doom shareware wad or somthing.

MDave
July 14th, 2005, 23:10
wad selector will be implemented later on - right now i was concentrating on other issues , mainly stability , sound and fullscreen

Hey, I guess you didn't get full resolution (not fullscreen!) working then eh? :P I tried tinkering with the code for ages, couldn't understand why it would stay at 320x240 even though I changed some references to 480x272 (and the ones I left alone, hanged doom when I altered the res to 480x272). It's probably tied in with some aspect ratio values and some other rendering code. :(

I also had a plan for when I would of been able to alter the resolution. It goes like this:

480x272, double that resolution, then using the GU code you used to stretch the screen to fullscreen, cram that double resolution into the 480x272 res space we have, then the end effect should be something similar to antialising ;) Of course there might be a huge performance drop doing that, or that it won't work at all, but with the speed doom is running at already, I don't think it would drop in fps that much :P. Even then, theres the 333mhz switch I could use ...

expression
July 14th, 2005, 23:22
first off. its not an emulator really. You dont have the .wad file. google for a doom shareware wad or somthing. I found the wad file but it still says the same thing? any hekp would be appreciated

EX-Danza
July 15th, 2005, 00:28
ya i have the doom64.wad and i renamed it to doom2.wad and it wont work

Hevyduty
July 15th, 2005, 05:22
MDave,

Is there any chance you're going to update D-Pad Doom based on Lantus' latest code? I certainly hope so since that was previously my favorite version to play.

-HD

slayer2psp
July 15th, 2005, 07:27
none of the wads work on it anymore the doom 64 wad was the one i was using it doesnt work anymore either does the quake2 wad ill guess ill try some others

BaconButty
July 15th, 2005, 07:31
Hmmm...Doom2 works. Plutonia and TNT also work.

MDave
July 15th, 2005, 15:25
MDave,

Is there any chance you're going to update D-Pad Doom based on Lantus' latest code? I certainly hope so since that was previously my favorite version to play.

-HD

Yeah, I've been trying to compile his latest code, but I'm getting errors (using the new PSPsdk from ps2dev.org). I'll post when I get it working :P

parabolee
July 15th, 2005, 15:41
Whats Plutonia and TNT? Are they any good? I already finished Doom 1 and 2 a few times years ago so I would like to play something else. Also does Heretic work with this new version?

docman
July 15th, 2005, 15:59
Plutonia and TNT are the 2 commercial wads from Final Doom I think it was.

Cap'n 1time
July 15th, 2005, 22:05
THIS DOOM EMU SUCKS! the reason i say this is none of the wads work on it anymore the doom 64 wad was the one i was using it doesnt work anymore either does the quake2 wad it should be able to play other wads but it doesnt anymore only the shareware that it comes with so big deal its full screen now but the wads dont work it seems to be a step backwards too me

first off.. for the second time... ITS NOT AN EMULATOR.

secondly im not going to bother with details.. il just say you suck.

Eternal-Blue
July 15th, 2005, 22:10
Is it possible to remap the Buttons?

Hevyduty
July 16th, 2005, 04:38
Yeah, I've been trying to compile his latest code, but I'm getting errors (using the new PSPsdk from ps2dev.org). I'll post when I get it working :P
Great news. I look forward to its release.

slayer2psp
July 16th, 2005, 04:47
first off.. for the second time... ITS NOT AN EMULATOR.

secondly im not going to bother with details.. il just say you suck.
yes i do suck but thats not the point i was just bummed that the doom64 wad no longer worked and i couldnt find any working wads i shouldnt have said what i said its great work as i could never do it

robbbert
July 16th, 2005, 06:00
Not having a PSP (not available in this country), I like try these homebrews on PSPE.

Unfortunately Doom v0.04 won't start it just drops straight back to the pspe menu.
Also, it says it is v0.03

RedKing14CA
July 16th, 2005, 08:42
umm, i need doom wads... i tried helpyourselfish on my current doom but it didnt work, i think i have version one or two, should i get version 3, or does 4 some how work with wads???

i want to use doom64 or nimrod.... those seam cool.... and i would like ultimate doom... and final doom..... but i dont know where to ge tthe wads

Kaiser
July 16th, 2005, 20:13
yes i do suck but thats not the point...

This just puzzles me :confused:

MDave
July 17th, 2005, 01:59
Ok, I got it compiled at last! :P

Here's the download:

D-Pad Doom 0.04!

docman
July 17th, 2005, 02:13
Good deal. How about working w/ Lantus to make this an option rather than a seperate build? Seems like that'd be the way to go. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

trew01
July 17th, 2005, 08:57
ok im lost how in the world do you install this game? do i need the actual doom game to play if so how do i install it then?

edit: i have the full games on my hd. just tell me what im supposed to do to get it working. thanks in advance. also what games work on here. i have read other replies and i have to say they are quite rude on this forum. so please dont bite my head off i just wantr to know the full install process is all. thank you again. :)

wraggster
July 17th, 2005, 18:57
thanks ill do a newspost in a bit :)

wytchfynder
July 19th, 2005, 01:28
Hey - could someone fill me in on the command keys? I have D-Pad Doom installed and running, but I can't find the key to change weapons.

rmedtx
July 19th, 2005, 14:29
What's D-Pad ?

Tetsuo
July 19th, 2005, 16:42
HAHAHHA come on you should know that when you own a psp.
:D It`s the thing on your psp where you control games with, so not the analoge but the D pad.

parabolee
July 19th, 2005, 17:46
D-Pad = Directional Pad

To change weapons you push the analoge nub up/down.

And yeah using the D-pad should be an option before you start up, hopefully the next version will have a WAD selector and choice of controls.

This is currently my fav program on my PSP, playing DOOM : Plutonium experiment non stop, man it's hard as hell! I got Coded Arms a few days ago but the controls are too slugish, even though the setup is great, your character moves too slow and the level are dull as hell. I played it for 30 minutes and then put Doom on, the original is still one of the best and EASILY the only FPS you should play on PSP right now.

rmedtx
July 19th, 2005, 20:00
HAHAHHA come on you should know that when you own a psp.
:D It`s the thing on your psp where you control games with, so not the analoge but the D pad.

he he he. I was used to call it Directional pad not D-pad. :D
I thought D-pad was something else.... :p

DiSCOiNFERNO
July 21st, 2005, 04:21
does the d-pad doom work for psp vers 1.5 ive tried it in the past but it doesnt seem to work

parabolee
July 22nd, 2005, 02:15
Yeah it's works fine for me.

DiSCOiNFERNO
July 23rd, 2005, 06:44
if it works fine how do u make it work when i load it it makes an error screen can someone please pm me on how to install on my 1.5 i'll greatly appreciate it.

killakirby
July 24th, 2005, 07:21
can u do anything on PSP Version 1.52 because it keeps getting errors once it starts running.

sam
July 24th, 2005, 19:35
as far as i know no homebrew works on 1.51 or 1.52, just 1.0 and 1.5.

parabolee
July 24th, 2005, 21:12
FOR DISCO INFERNO -

OK go here for the version of DOOM I use -

This is D-Pad DOOM for if you prefer to play on the D-Pad. I do but both versions work just fine -

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/D...0%5B1%5D.04.zip

This is the regular version.

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/DOOM-PSP-0.04.rar

Also make sure you are using the latest SEI -

http://www.psparchive.de/cgi-bin/cf...?0,0,0,0,15,166

Then unzip all the DOOM files into a folder called "DOOM-PSP", the Zip file should do this for you. The folder will have the EBOOT in it along with a WADS and a SAVE folder.

Now open SEI and tell it the program is "DOOM-PSP" and then selct WHOLE FOLDER and select the folder called "DOOM-PSP" that you unzipped the zip file to.

Make sure you have HIDE CORRUPT DATA unselected and hit GENERATE. Once it's done go and test it.

Hopefully if all went right it should have worked, now you can use the LIST MANAGER tool in SEI to move the corrupt data to the bottom of your list.

Let me know if this works for you.

sam
July 24th, 2005, 21:52
hooray finally mine works.. took me ages. for those who asked, here is how to do it with kxploit. i downloaded the latest version of doom (0.4) for psp, then unzipped it all onto desktop.

open kxploit, then select just the eboot file and put it onto the psp drive. i am assuming you know how to use kxploit, there are other threads explaining if not. this will have created two folders on your psp, in psp/game/the name you chose. mine was doom. so the two folders are 'doom' and 'doom %'

once this is done, go to the doom folder on your desktop, get the 'save' and 'wads' folders, copy and past into the 'doom' folder on your psp. this should now work. make sure that in your psp/game folder there is only the two doom folders, and that they are not within another folder in the game directory.

there are no links to sei i can find that are active/working... a new one would be much appreciated.

parabolee
July 25th, 2005, 01:21
Fresh link to latest SEI -

http://www.psparchive.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,15,166

If it goes dead you can always find it from here -

http://www.psparchive.de

sam
July 25th, 2005, 14:52
thanks a lot

karshffxi
July 30th, 2005, 05:52
OK, i used SEI and loaded doom 0.04u1 to my psp. I have the wad named doom2.wad and when i goto load the game, the load screen starts with the white text on the black background, then stops saying SW1BLUE not found. its says doom 2 hell on earth at the top, so i know its trying to load that doom2 wad, why is it not finding this sw1blue file? i have 1.50 psp if that matters

***EDIT Oh and, i can name the wad to DOOM1.WAD and it loads doom 1 no problem, game plays perfect. but isnt this version supposed to use the D-PAD to move? I have to use the stick.

Cap'n 1time
July 30th, 2005, 06:13
OK, i used SEI and loaded doom 0.04u1 to my psp. I have the wad named doom2.wad and when i goto load the game, the load screen starts with the white text on the black background, then stops saying SW1BLUE not found. its says doom 2 hell on earth at the top, so i know its trying to load that doom2 wad, why is it not finding this sw1blue file? i have 1.50 psp if that matters

***EDIT Oh and, i can name the wad to DOOM1.WAD and it loads doom 1 no problem, game plays perfect. but isnt this version supposed to use the D-PAD to move? I have to use the stick.

thats.. somthing differant. I believe lantus said you could modify the keys via INI file- so that means your gonna have to pull out the handy dandy notepad.

sw1blue... its more likely that that particulare wad just isnt supported.

karshffxi
July 30th, 2005, 06:28
I think i may be doing something wrong. So is this what i am Supposed to do? :

the original doom wad that came with 0.04 i name to doom2.wad, THEN i get the actual doom2.wad and put in the folder along side that one? Cause what i was trying to do was just rename the doom1.wad to doom2.wad and it wasnt loading

DiSCOiNFERNO
July 31st, 2005, 01:35
FOR DISCO INFERNO -

OK go here for the version of DOOM I use -

This is D-Pad DOOM for if you prefer to play on the D-Pad. I do but both versions work just fine -

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/D...0%5B1%5D.04.zip

This is the regular version.

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/DOOM-PSP-0.04.rar

Also make sure you are using the latest SEI -

http://www.psparchive.de/cgi-bin/cf...?0,0,0,0,15,166

Then unzip all the DOOM files into a folder called "DOOM-PSP", the Zip file should do this for you. The folder will have the EBOOT in it along with a WADS and a SAVE folder.

Now open SEI and tell it the program is "DOOM-PSP" and then selct WHOLE FOLDER and select the folder called "DOOM-PSP" that you unzipped the zip file to.

Make sure you have HIDE CORRUPT DATA unselected and hit GENERATE. Once it's done go and test it.

Hopefully if all went right it should have worked, now you can use the LIST MANAGER tool in SEI to move the corrupt data to the bottom of your list.

Let me know if this works for you.

thank you for the information it helped alot

parabolee
July 31st, 2005, 03:07
No problem, glad I could help.

And to karshffxi - Doom 1 should be left alone, and DOOM2.WAD just needs to be added to the directory and it should work just fine.

karshffxi
July 31st, 2005, 09:00
cool thanks. now i just need to find a doom2 wad >.> its only doom i want to play ;;

also, any chance if the codes being put in these versions somehow? since we cant use a keyboard to type them in <.<

PSP_Newbie
July 31st, 2005, 09:11
you'll have to track it down yourself, on the ent or a p2p client, as its a commercial product
as for the cheat codes, i dont think its possible with this version, but you can expect to have them in a future release, as they exist already in the quake and hexen port...

therod
August 1st, 2005, 23:46
To whoever is porting Doom for the PSP... make sure Execution and Decamatch work or Team Onslaught won't be happy ;)

dougpr
August 5th, 2005, 18:43
I'm having some problems in the game with weapon switching. Whenever I switch weapons to Chainsaw, the in-game map comes up. I've checked my config.ini and I've even resorted to using the default config.ini. Has anyone else had this problem? It's a real pain to have to hit my map key to turn off the map everytime I'm changing weapons.

Also for .wad's...I was able to get both Ultimate Doom and Doom 2 wads from the Xbox version of Doom3 Collectors Edition which has Ultimate Doom and Doom 2 included.

One more thing. Is Hexen going to be supported eventually?

Thanks

neogeo
September 28th, 2005, 06:32
I just downgraded my psp and this is the first homebrew program I got.
Anyhow it works great but just wanted to know if theres supposed to be music ?
Maybe im missing a file or whatever. Not that it really matters much, but if theres supposed to be music that would be cool. I remember the cheesy music on the pc, hehe.

Thadd-Tastic
September 29th, 2005, 00:02
ok i got everything working GREAT.....THANKS SO MUCH!

but i can get the non-dpad version to work....how do i get that to work...cause when i downloaded the non-dpad version all i got was a DOOM-PSP-0.04.rar file... no folder to un-zip or nothing! so if i just sounded completly NOOBISH here im sorry but please help!

neogeo
September 29th, 2005, 02:16
A rar file is like a zipfile except you have to use a program like winrar.
You can download it for free. Also is there music in your version of Doom ?
Just wondering if the music is supposed to be there or not.

Thadd-Tastic
September 29th, 2005, 04:07
no there isnt...wish there was.... but about that file thingy....can you explaine to me how and what im supposed to do with it? please and thank you!

Thadd-Tastic
October 4th, 2005, 00:02
HEY CAN SOMEONE HELP ME GET DOOM 2 TO WORK!...i just like 5 secs. ago got the BRAND new doom version! ok ...like the one that was just released today! and i still cant get doom 2 to work.... everytime i try to play doom 1 - "the shores of hell" or doom 1 - "inferno" it ALWAYS says "This is the Shareware Version of DOOM. You need to order the entire trilogy. Press a key." CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!

Sharkey
October 4th, 2005, 17:28
you need the doom2.wad that make it into the full version.
you can only get it legally by buying the pc version of doom,
i suggest the collectors edition that has all of the wads.

edit: a new version was released today?

DoomMarine
October 30th, 2005, 07:23
cool thanks. now i just need to find a doom2 wad >.> its only doom i want to play ;;

also, any chance if the codes being put in these versions somehow? since we cant use a keyboard to type them in <.<

Do you know about dehacked files for doom?
I'm not sure if Doom-PSP supports them yet.
I'm pretty annoyed with the app. actually!
(Is it just me or is the sound closer to static than effects?)

But yeah try downloading and installing WhackEd2 (maybe available at www.doomworld.com , you could make and import a DEH into the IWAD in question that makes weapons require 0 ammo or make enemies dish out 0 damage.
Just a thought ;)

DoomMarine
October 30th, 2005, 07:25
I just downgraded my psp and this is the first homebrew program I got.
Anyhow it works great but just wanted to know if theres supposed to be music ?
Maybe im missing a file or whatever. Not that it really matters much, but if theres supposed to be music that would be cool. I remember the cheesy music on the pc, hehe.

I don't remember hearing any cheesy music in Doom...

DoomMarine
October 30th, 2005, 07:31
HEY CAN SOMEONE HELP ME GET DOOM 2 TO WORK!...i just like 5 secs. ago got the BRAND new doom version! ok ...like the one that was just released today! and i still cant get doom 2 to work.... everytime i try to play doom 1 - "the shores of hell" or doom 1 - "inferno" it ALWAYS says "This is the Shareware Version of DOOM. You need to order the entire trilogy. Press a key." CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!

You are referring to Doom1.wad
hat is the shareware version of the first Doom game.
(Uneducated) Losers on this forum are calling the complete first game doomu.wad
Assumedly the u appendage is for Ultimate?
When in fact "doom.wad" is the real name.
Considering that the non-ultimate version was just a previous version number. ie. 1.666
Th extra episode (which makes it ULTIMATE!) was a simple update to the wad file.
No new textures I don't think. Just linedefs and sectors :eek:

I know RFA clan (RED ****ING ARMY!) are illegally hosting the IWADs....
Or you can use the utility 'GetWAD' and simply enter 'doom.wad' and then 'doom2.wad' and it should scour the internet and get them for you. This utility also works with PWADs :)

In short: don't listen to these people in regards to WAD files.
Look for doom.wad - doom1.wad is shareware. and only has Knee Deep In The Dead' - not the other episodes.

DoomMarine
October 30th, 2005, 07:32
edit: a new version was released today?

The original IWADs aren't being edited by id at all anymore. They are at their final (perfect) versions.

I am guessing the post was talking about the Expansion pack for XBOX?
Or the new version of DoomPSP

superfly
May 8th, 2006, 01:06
ok im lost how in the world do you install this game? do i need the actual doom game to play if so how do i install it then?

edit: i have the full games on my hd. just tell me what im supposed to do to get it working. thanks in advance. also what games work on here. i have read other replies and i have to say they are quite rude on this forum. so please dont bite my head off i just wantr to know the full install process is all. thank you again. :)

i have the same problem, but i just bought a psp
so if ther is a place to look to help me with this, could someone tell me?

Xfacter
May 8th, 2006, 04:09
i have the same problem, but i just bought a psp
so if ther is a place to look to help me with this, could someone tell me?

Put the WADs from the original game(s) in the WADS folder. ( :eek: )

superfly
May 11th, 2006, 06:06
what wad file? i have the Ultimate Doom Trilogy,so i take the wad files out of that and put it into some file on the psp? im confused

superfly
May 11th, 2006, 09:14
nevermind, i have to wait tell someone hacks the 2.7 thing, before i can do anything like this :(

Methed
February 27th, 2009, 17:49
Question, is there a way to turn the music into the normal version? Also, how do you change the gamma level?

andwan0
June 10th, 2009, 10:37
Is there a PSP saved game to original Doom saved game convertor? I like to load up a saved game by PSP Doom on my PC to find why I cannot find the last 3 monsters in level 29.