PDA

View Full Version : Before I buy a PSP Slim...

Shadowblind
October 30th, 2007, 21:41
My PSP recently had a heart attack. Not a birck (Its never had one, thankfully) but it has been rendered unusuable due to the fact that the charging mechanism no longer works. But this is old news....

I have a few questions before buying a slim--

1) What will most likely be the firmware for a new PSP Slim?

2) Will there be a way to downgrade/ put on a custom firmware by M33?

3) Is there any way to continue playing homebrew such as GpSp or DoomPSP on it?

Help, I have no use for a PSP if its not homebrew enabled :(

acn010
October 30th, 2007, 21:45
all of them answers is the same... yes
i have a psp slim and works wonderful... even psp Ice-O's ;P
ill make a vid to prove it
brb

Shadowblind
October 30th, 2007, 21:59
Sweet! sweet, sweet, sweet! Thanks acn, but I need to know what FW I'd probably get the PSP at. But if there was a rep system, this is so good news I'd give you 4+ :D

acn010
October 30th, 2007, 22:08
the FW is 3.60 if you hurry buying one now... later they will be updated like always sony does. . . .
and curse my high def camera!!! i cant uplaod vids from certain size.... shitty youtube!!!!

Shadowblind
October 31st, 2007, 22:05
Ok, just bought a slim and feel like a total freakin' noob....I just want to be able to play homebrew again. All this stuff about pandora batteries and mem sticks....

I just wanna know what steps (and how) to get the slim up and running as a homebrew PSP :( HELP!

dirtygringo
October 31st, 2007, 23:46
I bought my psp slimabout a month ago and it came with 3.6
Im a total noob but managed to instal 3.71m33 today. I got a datel tool battery and used TOTALnewbi easyinstaller to create the magic mem stick. really easy

I bought the fat version of the tool battery and worked fine with the slim :thumbup:

acn010
November 1st, 2007, 00:07
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BkRtNUGYD9k
blooper XD

Shadowblind
November 1st, 2007, 01:29
Ok, no. I can't figure this out. The apps from the pandora GUI never work. It keeps giving me a "cannot start game" error when I try to run the battery creator

dirtygringo
November 1st, 2007, 03:05
Dont think you can create a pandora battery on a slim... thats why i bought the tool battery.
apparentely you can open up a normal battery and remove one of the pins or something

pibs
November 1st, 2007, 06:52
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77747&highlight=pandora
very useful guide!
and yep u can use all ur homebrew but u have to find the slim versions of them...... oh and a small inconvenience is that dgen doesn't run .zip game files but its no problem if u have a big mem stick. Oh and make sure u do that backing up ur flash because there was something going on with unrecoverable slim bricks.

good luck shadow if u need any help just hit me up with a pm ill do my best to answer it or any questions.

acn010
November 1st, 2007, 15:28
ok ok ok ill help you out man, just drag and drop the files ill send you later on and ill give you instructions for it!!! lol blooper . . .
done ;P

Shadowblind
November 2nd, 2007, 02:48
Ok, this is an issue. Every time I try to run the Pandora Battery Creator, it gives me the error that says

"This game could not be started.
(8036439026564375)

Im running 3.71 M33. WTF am I doing wrong?

pibs
November 2nd, 2007, 03:34
same happen to me... lol go into recovery mode and turn GAME Folder Kernel to 3.XX it says in the manual, if it still doesn't load up try putting it in a different folder maybe GAME150 or in your case it might be GAME371

Shadowblind
November 2nd, 2007, 11:43
Well, now I get a different Error code, but it still give me the "This game could not be started error"....

jxx2005
November 2nd, 2007, 13:41
why dont you get an external charger for your battery

Shadowblind
November 2nd, 2007, 20:42
why dont you get an external charger for your battery

Wow, wow, wow. This is dumb what did. I didn't know that 3.71 M33 had to have an addon pack to make 1.50 kernal to work!

I got the battery creator to work, but It just wrote a line of code and then exited. If thats what its supposed to do, am I done, or...what else must I do? This was far too fast....

Johnny Rash
November 2nd, 2007, 20:56
Wow, wow, wow. This is dumb what did. I didn't know that 3.71 M33 had to have an addon pack to make 1.50 kernal to work!

I got the battery creator to work, but It just wrote a line of code and then exited. If thats what its supposed to do, am I done, or...what else must I do? This was far too fast....

The addon can't be used with the Slim.

The 1.5 kernel doesn't work on the Slim, at all.

That's why there are re-releases of older emulators. They're modified to run on a different kernel the Slim can run.

Sorry man.:(

Shadowblind
November 2nd, 2007, 22:11
What do you mean? I meant I needed the 1.50 kernal addon to start the Pandora Battery creator on my Phat! :p

Im now a proud owner of a hacked PSP Slim :D

Sorry for this thread :o Delete it if you will. I owe great thanks to acn010, and thanks everyone else here. This help is what makes DCEmu a great place :)

Johnny Rash
November 2nd, 2007, 22:33
Well...I feel dumber.

Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Excuse me whilst I kill myself :p

Shadowblind
November 2nd, 2007, 23:08
Ack! I still need help (fancy that :p)

All of my emulators appear to have no ROMs in them, and I can't even navigate them to the PSP folder. Can you all tell me what Gameboy, NES, and SNES emulators work the best with the Slim?

Johnny Rash
November 2nd, 2007, 23:19
I edited that last post.

Because, like a moron, I forgot a word while rushing to avoid detection from my professor.

I would like to help, Shadowblind.
But I don't own a Slim.

Sorry man!
:)

Shadowblind
November 2nd, 2007, 23:43
lol, its ok. Anyone else have a clue to good emus? :)

Lodis
November 4th, 2007, 03:43
Ack! I still need help (fancy that :p)

All of my emulators appear to have no ROMs in them, and I can't even navigate them to the PSP folder. Can you all tell me what Gameboy, NES, and SNES emulators work the best with the Slim?

Gameboy: Rin Version 1.32
Gameboy Advance: gpSP 0.9 DA's HEN D version
Nes: Nester J 1.11
Snes: Snes9xTYL 0.4.2 ME for Slim port by Chilly Willy
CPS1, CPS2 and MVS all have Slim specific releases.