PDA

View Full Version : PSP Firmware 3.72 Details

wraggster
October 31st, 2007, 06:28
We posted about the latest firmware update yesterday and now Sony USA have posted in english the full whats new in this latest non homebrew supporting firmware:

The [PlayStation Spot] icon that appeared as the result of the version 3.70 system software update is for a service that is not available in this region. This icon does not appear in version 3.71 / 3.72.

Theme Settings

You can now set a theme under [Theme Settings].

The home menu color, background and icons for XMB™ (XrossMediaBar) will change, based on the theme that is selected.

Scene search

You can now search for a scene when playing a movie that is saved on Memory Stick Duo™ media.

You can select and play the scene you want to see from a thumbnail image. This is convenient when you want to quickly play only a specific scene & Viewing a slideshow while listening to music

Simultaneous playback of content under (Music) and (Photo) is now supported.

You can view a slideshow of your favorite photographs while listening to music.

Other new or revised features in version 3.72 (with 3.70 / 3.71):

Games
New for 3.72: Support for PLAYSTATION ®Network titles has been expanded.
Network
[Assign Buttons] has been added to the (Remote Play) menu.
Video
Sequential playback of videos saved on Memory Stick Duo™ media is now supported.

http://www.us.playstation.com/psp/downloads/SystemUpdate

LAMPRO
October 31st, 2007, 07:18
i smelll crack!!!

nielsss
October 31st, 2007, 08:02
Wait so can u use pandora to downgrade if your psp ahs this firmware?

Narcotize
October 31st, 2007, 11:44
Expanded PSN title compatibility. Can we read into this as the PSX emu has even more compatibility with other games?

Would be nice. My FF7 has been glitching since moving to M33. FF8 is still laggy and slow.

I also read that the WakeOnLan feature for PS3 is here too. That’s ace! I can access my PS3 at work! :D

Solidsnake3000
October 31st, 2007, 19:26
well if they make a m33 version of this i will use it because i hate using prx to play my mp3 while viewing pics on qj i see
a lot of people saying its a useless update. Now me i know how to use a CFW but most people don't and like my friend he doesn't want a CFW for some odd reason this is actually a good update

Veskgar
November 1st, 2007, 02:09
Increased POPS compatibility is usually a nice update. However, sometimes changes in POPS breaks certain games that previously worked. So until someone can test out games with 3.72 POPS, its unclear if this is worth a new CFW.

pspforme!!
November 1st, 2007, 07:08
dang the bitter truth sinks in with the new update... i really hope dark alex will come back or someone else can attempt to carry on where he left off...especially without being pushed away with all the stupid discourging things that people say to the up and comings

hodgy47
November 1st, 2007, 22:49
HMMMMMM Dark Alex you must be so tempted;)

motormaniac
November 3rd, 2007, 02:57
i wish i still had my psp so i could get the custom firmwares