PDA

View Full Version : New PS3 TV Ad Campaign

wraggster
November 1st, 2007, 18:44
Like all of you, I've been a big fan of our new blog - but until now, I've been staying behind the scenes. I'm excited to share my first post here and thought that our new advertising campaign for the PS3 would be of interest to everyone. In fact, the campaign is scheduled to break this weekend in conjunction with the introduction of the new 40GB PS3 here in North America. But as a reward for being some of our most loyal fans, I wanted to get this out to all of you first.

Last year, we launched the PS3 with a campaign that become known as the "White Room" and we received a strong reaction to those ads for being provocative and demonstrating the PS3's power. With those technology messages now firmly embedded, we wanted to move beyond the "power" message with a more high-energy, entertainment driven focus for the PS3. The games are here, the price point is now $399 and we wanted to make the news loud and clear. But we need to deliver that in a way that befits the PlayStation brand. And so, beyond the brilliant HD games that the PS3 delivers, you'll also see a big focus behind the PS3's Blu-ray movie capability and, for the first time, you'll see a major focus behind the PLAYSTATION Network (did I mention online gaming is free on PS3??) and the exclusive gaming content available on the PLAYSTATION Store, as well as breakthrough services like Home. As Kim noted in her recent post, with so much brewing inside the PS3, the icons and characters of the PS3 world come to life in the vivid black onyx world of the PS3 and nearly burst out of its seams.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/10/31/new-ps3-tv-ad-campaign/