PDA

View Full Version : Hackers reinstate violence from censored Manhunt 2

Shrygue
November 1st, 2007, 19:00
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=30168)

Hackers have already tampered with the code of Rockstar's Manhunt 2 to reinstate the violent scenes and images thought to have been removed from the game.

The PSP version of the controversial title has been exploited less than 24 hours since the game was officially released in North America.

The PlayStation 2 version of the game had already been distributed across the internet via torrent sites, a move that Rockstar has blamed on Sony Computer Entertainment.

The game has been censored in the US in order for it to receive an M rating – and therefore a release – rather than the original AO rating it was given by the ESRB.

The illegal exploit of the original PSP code indicates that the scenes that were cut in order to secure an M rating were not removed from the full game, rather disabled, much like the Hot Coffee mini-games in Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

ICE
November 1st, 2007, 19:21
Yup and I can see why it was banned too.. lol

Shiesty
November 1st, 2007, 20:00
damn those intranets!

splodger15
November 1st, 2007, 20:41
I hope they work on the Wii version

xsimmonsx
November 1st, 2007, 20:55
Spot on! I guess i'll order it now then.

one winged angel
November 1st, 2007, 22:01
you know i bough manhunt 2 and it i dont really like it its just a game with a lot of violence in it i mean come on there a lot better games out there

XxunknowxX
November 1st, 2007, 22:16
you know i bough manhunt 2 and it i dont really like it its just a game with a lot of violence in it i mean come on there a lot better games out there

you knew it was all about violence y did u get it. i personally thing is a goog game and my friend has the uncut manhunt 2 and is doesnt have anything different from the orginal i mean i know u can see how u execute someone but the actual kill are nothin no goro.

Buddy4point0
November 1st, 2007, 22:19
good!
i wanna see it uncencored.

Veskgar
November 1st, 2007, 22:45
Good!

Serves them right for trying to censor something in the USA of all places. I was going to totally boycott the game when I found out it had blurs and stuff to censor.

Now I would say it may be worth a purchase if its a good game. IGN gave it a good review but you can't always go by them.

PSmonkey
November 2nd, 2007, 00:10
Now lets get this working via a cheat tool so we dont need to rip & convert or pirate just to see this. I only got a 1GB stick and i can't put a 1gb game on it (due note i went out and bought the game yesterday once i heard of this).

ICE
November 2nd, 2007, 00:26
Its very easy to do if you can rip.. Just editing some files in a text editor..

Tonx_9
November 2nd, 2007, 00:27
its a great game..im up to stage three..sexual deviants. but yes i would like to see it uncensored. is this exploit out or...

XxunknowxX
November 2nd, 2007, 00:55
its a great game..im up to stage three..sexual deviants. but yes i would like to see it uncensored. is this exploit out or...

oh you got sometime to go i am at like the 6-7 mission and it gets harder as u keep playin it get better and better

PoorKingz
November 2nd, 2007, 02:22
They must have done a quick job. You can easily do it with notepad. No MIPS knowedge required.

jrsmaster411
November 2nd, 2007, 02:42
They must have done a quick job. You can easily do it with notepad. No MIPS knowedge required.

Sounds like Rockstar worked hard to keep this hidden :P

sourced
November 2nd, 2007, 03:04
I hope they work on the Wii version

nope, it doesnt work for the Wii version. when you open up the image file all you get is a bunch of encrypted data. unlike the psp or ps2 version where you can actually understand whats in there.

and yeah, this hack is great, you dont have to deal with those damn grey blurry images when executing someone. ive been playing the game since last night, and im hooked :eek:

ICE
November 2nd, 2007, 03:14
The ps2 version can be uncensored VERY easily too..
http://www.codemayhem.net/viewtopic.php?t=1586