View Full Version : Manhunt 2 Auto Patcher (Play the Uncensored Bits)

wraggster
November 2nd, 2007, 20:03
Those of you who own Manhunt 2 and want to see the uncensored parts can now do with the release of cracker's auto patcher for Manhunt 2.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

fucht017
November 2nd, 2007, 20:36
I'm getting my copy very soon....So thanks a lot for this....Now we can see what the developers want to show us...Damn shame they filtered it..not annymore now.:thumbup:

cihant
November 2nd, 2007, 20:46
can u maybe explain a liltle how i should use it?

drock82
November 2nd, 2007, 21:04
yea after i click the exe file it just sits there, a better tutorial will be quite helpful:rolleyes:

blackrave
November 2nd, 2007, 21:14
To be honest am I a bit surprised that DCEmu supports patching the game to remove the filtering, both since Take-Two has asked for consumers not to do it and since it requires an image-file backup of the game.

Still, I think it's good that consumers can play the game almost as it was first meant to be if they want to.

Elven6
November 2nd, 2007, 21:37
This is probably fake, the instructions don't say anything usefull, how would it know what to patch?

fucht017
November 2nd, 2007, 21:43
Dragg and drop the iso on the MH2Hack.exe...thats it...It would take a few minutes...But it works like a charm.:thumbup:

Elven6
November 2nd, 2007, 21:59
Is their anyway to play this with the UMD version?

tallica
November 2nd, 2007, 22:09
No because code must be modified.

devdj
November 2nd, 2007, 22:14
ah this is really for noobs i found out how to get my manhunt 2 uncut with out an auto - patcher i just searched the files the moment i got the iso.

Mr.Denny
November 2nd, 2007, 22:18
To be honest am I a bit surprised that DCEmu supports patching the game to remove the filtering, both since Take-Two has asked for consumers not to do it and since it requires an image-file backup of the game.

Still, I think it's good that consumers can play the game almost as it was first meant to be if they want to.

I agree. I mean, most people don't make legal backups of their games. That coupled with the fact that both Rockstar and the ERSB are officially against this makes it a tad unsettling to see posted at a fine website such as dcemu.

I'm all for dcemu making us aware of such a mod but posting it for download?. I don't like that.

Anyway, that's just my humble opinion.

tallica
November 2nd, 2007, 22:51
Tbh i think rockstar did this on purpose.

Mr.Denny
November 2nd, 2007, 22:54
Well they didn't.

The ISO can easily be edited to simply removoe the filter that was added. Everyone should have expected this anyway.

I mean, why would Rockstar chance this on purpose?. They've already been to hell and back.

tallica
November 2nd, 2007, 22:59
do you not think after hot coffee they learn't their lesson? They where pissed that the game couldn't be the way they had intended and knew hackers would do it easily. So rockstar got a m rating and have the game the way they wanted.

Mr.Denny
November 2nd, 2007, 23:27
do you not think after hot coffee they learn't their lesson? They where pissed that the game couldn't be the way they had intended and knew hackers would do it easily. So rockstar got a m rating and have the game the way they wanted.

In my opinion there's nothing they could have done to stop hackers from editing it anyway.

blackrave
November 2nd, 2007, 23:59
I highly doubt the developers did this on purpose. As far as I know, most camera settings and filter effects are set in editable config files on the UMD, including the filter that hides the gruesome kills. The camera can probably be modified to show more of what is done to the victim, too.

The ESRB has stated that the game will still hold an M rating, since this is the work of hackers. As far as I understand, Hot Coffee was more of a minigame included in the original version GTA: SA that could be unlocked way easy. Removing filters by opening an ISO backup of a game and editing that specific setting out is purely hacking.

Just look at the game(s) The Sims. The censoring hiding nude bodies in the game can easily be removed with a simple patch, and in at least the first game, even with a built-in cheat code Maxis left there. Still, it maintained a Teen rating.

voorheesda
November 3rd, 2007, 00:07
Woohooo! I finally got my filthy and bloodthirsty hands on Manhunt 2, i gotta tell you....Itīs a really good game. It isnīt that horrific violent. Noo need at all to ban this game. Grand theft auto and postal 2 is MUCH more violent than this... Manhunt 2 is more of a horror game, really good game.

The graphics are damn fine looking, nice models, animation, textures, gfx and great sound\music.

I got the uncensored version.....that crazy anti-videogames lawyer is just nuts.

Sketchy
November 3rd, 2007, 00:09
I agree. I mean, most people don't make legal backups of their games.

I do, i own 30ish psp games and to carry 'em with me would be plain annoying (i travel around alot). So two 8GB MS sticks and my psp and i'm set. :thumbup:

I really despise piracy, not just games, all piracy :mad::mad:. I did trade a few of my games in and because of that my backups got destroyed too. I love gaming way to much and to be caught with a digital backup of a game i dont physically own, would only result in jail time.......and they don't have PSP's in jail:D

PSmonkey
November 3rd, 2007, 00:11
No because code must be modified.

Umm no.

The patch modifies no code. It modify data assets files which happen to be ascii script files.

There is word that you can patch the ps2 version with a cheat device. Most likely the PSP version can be patched by either a cheat device or an app to latch into the UMD disc reads.

Personaly I wish people would stop wasting time going the iso route and insted work hard on getting a patch that lets you use the UMD in the drive.

mikebeaver
November 3rd, 2007, 00:34
Umm no.

The patch modifies no code. It modify data assets files which happen to be ascii script files.

There is word that you can patch the ps2 version with a cheat device. Most likely the PSP version can be patched by either a cheat device or an app to latch into the UMD disc reads.

Personaly I wish people would stop wasting time going the iso route and insted work hard on getting a patch that lets you use the UMD in the drive.

Nice idea PSMonkey, maybe CWCheat by Weltall would be able to do it?
i know it is a lot to ask the dev to do something like that, but it would be nice to find out if it is possible.

Mike..

sourced
November 3rd, 2007, 00:46
i already got the game uncensored with the manual patching method. but there are still black flashes. does this method remove the black flashes?

DarthPaul
November 3rd, 2007, 01:33
Yess!! Thanks a lot wraggster! This is really really appreciated! I wanted to play it uncensored but it was a pain to do it manually so awesome! Thanks again.

Edit: This doesn't work on Vista, does it? I can't even drag the ISO into the EXE.

sourced
November 3rd, 2007, 03:36
im surprised theres actually ISO talk going around on dcemu..

pibs
November 3rd, 2007, 03:47
what about the wii version? is there a homebrew cheat or something to do this.

ExcruciationX
November 3rd, 2007, 03:50
He he. Quite interesting.

Tonx_9
November 3rd, 2007, 04:06
Sorry if this sound noobish but I have draged and droped the ISO Backup of Manhunt 2, and it scans then says something (I can't remebe what, but it ends with a frownie face) then it says press any key to continue and then shuts down. What am I doing wrong? By the way my ISO works perfectly as i use it rather than the UMD, faster loading times :^)

Veskgar
November 3rd, 2007, 06:24
I'm very happy to see this. And I don't think its out of place on this site. The world needs to know that most people will not tolerate censorship and not only will there be people working hard to overcome censorship but it will also be dispersed to the masses.

And regarding the use of game backups... I think its time we got over the whole anti-iso thing to a degree. Anti-piracy yes, but listen, SONY gave us the np9660.prx ISO loader. Not some pirate hacker. Sure, thanks to CFW we get to use that maybe a little sooner than SONY wanted, but its SONY's work nonetheless. I don't use the M33 driver or anything else. I just play all my games using the np9660 loader on CFW.

So to still hear people arguing about ISO speak, especially using a SONY loader and where this is a situation that requires you need to make an IMAGE of the UMD in order to make it uncensored, is just splitting hairs.

Lets end the pissing contest between ISO proponents and opponents and accept the fact that its another useful feature of CFW as long as you are not being a filthy pirate.

Now that I have the Slim PSP with less battery life, the ability to not have to lug all my game UMD's around gives me far more value out of my PSP. By saving battery consumption, the almost elimination of load times in most games, and the extra portability factor, etc. makes the PSP and PSP Slim a more efficient portable device. Period.

Just my thoughts though. To each his own.

Tonx_9
November 3rd, 2007, 07:18
DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE! YOU ARE A PIRATE!!!!
http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=18812

mike_jmg
November 3rd, 2007, 07:21
I think that Rockstar left this on purpose, or they were too lazy to remake the video sequences.
Or maybe they were lazy on purpose LOL.

Either way, I wasn't a fan of Manhunt games, saw the Xbox one and wasn't very impressed or atracted to it. But with all this free publicity they're getting I might give it a shot (uncensored of course :P)

acn010
November 3rd, 2007, 10:26
DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE! YOU ARE A PIRATE!!!!
http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=18812

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/acn010/noob.jpg

darthhaze420
November 3rd, 2007, 13:09
i have made my own back up took out the filters but cant get it to work on my 3.71-2 m33 psp the gameboot comes up and the screen goes black and the game does not start up can someone help and yes i did try changeing the kernal to 3.71

XxunknowxX
November 3rd, 2007, 13:56
i have made my own back up took out the filters but cant get it to work on my 3.71-2 m33 psp the gameboot comes up and the screen goes black and the game does not start up can someone help and yes i did try changeing the kernal to 3.71

where did you put the game it needs to b in the ISO folder also if u have ur settings on UMD mode u need to have a UMD disk inserted while playin.

darthhaze420
November 3rd, 2007, 14:23
yes it is in the right folder i have tried with normal umd drive with game in psp and the m33 drive without game i have tried iso and cso i have even tried just my untouched back up and it still wont load the gameboot comes up and the screen goes black and nothing happens i press home and go back to the xmb

XxunknowxX
November 3rd, 2007, 15:23
yes it is in the right folder i have tried with normal umd drive with game in psp and the m33 drive without game i have tried iso and cso i have even tried just my untouched back up and it still wont load the gameboot comes up and the screen goes black and nothing happens i press home and go back to the xmb

i dont know prob the bck up is mess up.

furthermore
November 3rd, 2007, 18:02
is it just me or was the first game darker, more disturbing, and generally more brutal than the uncensored version of mh2? the esrb is is ridiculous

sourced
November 4th, 2007, 01:17
is it just me or was the first game darker, more disturbing, and generally more brutal than the uncensored version of mh2? the esrb is is ridiculous

its true, manhunt2 has lost alot of the gruesome impact it had on the first game

darthhaze420
November 4th, 2007, 19:03
i found out why it would not start any one on 3.71-m33 must turn off all plugins for the iso to work i do not know why but i have tested on 3 psp all with 3.71-2 m33 and it has been the same for all of them i hope this helps anyone with a similar problem