PDA

View Full Version : MapThis 0.5XX development thread..

deniska
November 3rd, 2007, 03:52
I figured, I'd startup a new developer's thread for MapThis! 0.5XX betas, development and contributions..

So, here is the latest version of the program (binaries and the source code):

http://deniska.dcemu.co.uk/bin/mapThis0505.rar

http://www.youtube.com/v/9U33zXTOh14

Featuring:

- new improved rendering routines for lines and sprites ( HW acceleration, swizzling, etc)
- rotated POI icons, compass, arrows, etc
- smooth zooming option (SMOOTHZOOM=1)
- smooth transition between 2D & 3D views
- variable scroll speed
- external prx files are no longer required for psp-290 receiver to function.
- some minor code cleanup and lots of mics changes
- partial implementation of vector map format (currently commented out, but devs can look at it)
- poi icon format changed

This is still a beta, so there are some minor rendering issues and some stuff has not been properly tested out...

Gizzmo_jr
November 3rd, 2007, 05:05
Looks great, I'll check it out in the morning.

Nieko
November 3rd, 2007, 08:51
Impressive :). Do you think there'll be a more stable/tested out version soon (within 1 or 2 weeks or so)? If so, then I'll wait for it before I apply my changes to the newest version.

babdima
November 3rd, 2007, 14:36
Спасибо Дениска:thumbup:! Молодец! Мы сможем в будующим прокладывать маршрут на PSP?

Thanks Deniska:thumbup:! Well done We can lay in the future a route on PSP?

Nieko
November 3rd, 2007, 14:45
babdima: do you mean creating your own POI files from within MapThis? This has been possible with a bug/feature from my version: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54109&page=37#369

(Здесь так много людей, которые говорят по-русски :).)

deniska
November 3rd, 2007, 14:55
Impressive :). Do you think there'll be a more stable/tested out version soon (within 1 or 2 weeks or so)? If so, then I'll wait for it before I apply my changes to the newest version.
It's really hard to say - depends on my free time...

deniska
November 3rd, 2007, 14:59
(Здесь так много людей, которые говорят по-русски :).)
Could obsession with maps be a russian cultural trait :-)?

deniska
November 3rd, 2007, 15:03
Thanks Deniska:thumbup:! Well done We can lay in the future a route on PSP?
If you are implying route calculation - the biggest problem is the lack of reliable free vector data, especially for countries like Russia..

zach5555
November 3rd, 2007, 15:38
Hi deniska, how is the mapthis for psp slim coming along??? I have a holux 240

Gizzmo_jr
November 3rd, 2007, 15:39
Working great by me. The new zoom is pretty good like how Google does it. Slightly less seamless then previous but works fine.

deniska
November 3rd, 2007, 17:57
Hi deniska, how is the mapthis for psp slim coming along??? I have a holux 240
I'll try to put this in shortly..

deniska
November 3rd, 2007, 17:59
Working great by me. The new zoom is pretty good like how Google does it. Slightly less seamless then previous but works fine.
You can switch off the zoom animation if needed in the config file..

zach5555
November 3rd, 2007, 18:09
I'll try to put this in shortly..

ok thank you very much!

Nieko
November 3rd, 2007, 18:14
Will you release the source code soon as well?

Oh, and so far, it crashes on every map I open.

Edit: nm, the PSP290/mapViewer/system folder in the rar file is missing a few images.

deniska
November 3rd, 2007, 18:29
Will you release the source code soon as well?

Oh, and so far, it crashes on every map I open.

Edit: nm, the PSP290/mapViewer/system folder in the rar file is missing a few images.

hmm, i thought I tried both installations before zipping...
Also, are you running any plugings? if so - you may want to disable them....

Nieko
November 3rd, 2007, 18:34
My bad, it was just the images :).

Btw., I noticed circle.png now has the green and red circle swapped (i.e., it becomes red when active), is this intentional? Same with attraction.png and waypoint.png btw.

Codaz
November 4th, 2007, 23:56
GREAT Deniska !

I like the new smoothzoom, but i don't like that if you zoom out, it gets bigger and bigger, and then re-focussed.

Also, you can scroll out of the map, with very weird coordinates, a bit wrong.

zach5555
November 5th, 2007, 01:18
Hi deniska, may i ask how long it is going to take for you to complete the generic gps on the psp slim?? Because i miss the GPS!!(i have a Holux 240)
Thanks,
Zach

Nieko
November 5th, 2007, 10:31
Deniska: will you upload the source soon as well?

Codaz
November 5th, 2007, 20:21
The source is included Nieko with the zip file in the startpost ??

I saw a dir called SRC :)

Nieko
November 5th, 2007, 20:51
You're right, now there is :).

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have my changes implemented in this version.

Nieko
November 5th, 2007, 22:43
I've been testing .505 a bit more and found it crashes really a lot. I'll wait with my changes until a more stable version is out.

deniska
November 5th, 2007, 23:16
I've been testing .505 a bit more and found it crashes really a lot. I'll wait with my changes until a more stable version is out.
Can you run it in psplink and locate the source of the crash? (using psp-addr2line, etc)
I can't say I've see lots of crashes recently, so any additional information is greatly appreciated

deniska
November 5th, 2007, 23:17
Hi deniska, may i ask how long it is going to take for you to complete the generic gps on the psp slim?? Because i miss the GPS!!(i have a Holux 240)
Thanks,
Zach
hopefully within the next 2 weeks..

Nieko
November 6th, 2007, 16:27
So ehm, it just stopped crashing... I probably overlooked something, cause I have no idea why it does work now.

I used a bare .505 installation (nothing in /PSP/COMMON, all plugins disabled, no map_pref.txt files etc.) and when zooming in fast or changing to another tile it crashed. Not anymore. Well, that's good news anyway :).

I put plugins etc. back on, and it still works.

Nieko
November 6th, 2007, 16:40
So, I present the changes I made earlier (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54109&page=37#368) applied to MapThis 0.505 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78439).

The full list of changes:

Changed GPS recording:

Program now records to a POI file instead of recording raw data;
POI file can be opened through POI Lookup function;
POI file is named using timestamp and is placed in /PSP/COMMON (make sure you have a fix, otherwise timestamp may be all zeroes);
Recording takes place every 20 meters and 5 seconds (both must have happened);
Trail can be seen on the map when user turns marker on.

Program ignores MIDPOINT POIs: don't show message plate;
It reads _MY_POIS from /PSP/COMMON instead of per map;
The screen doesn't change brightness when adapter is plugged in (only when viewing map);
In all lists, left and right shoulder button moves the cursor 10 places back or forth;
In nightmode, "REC: ON", shown during recording, is now green;
Proximity to POI is now really always in pixels, not relative to pixels at zoom level 1:

POIs are thus seen earlier if you simply zoom out;
It's not possible to simply multiply WARNINGDISTANCE by speed, because the actual distance on the map WARNINGDISTANCE represents differs if you have different maps with different base zoom levels;
It's also not possible to calculate distance using real distance instead of pixels, this was too CPU intensive (or at least I couldn't get it to work :P).

Autozoom makes MapThis zoom in or out depending on your speed:

In the configfile, the AUTOZOOM directive indicates per how many km/h or mi/h (depends on speedfix) MapThis should zoom in or out. If this directive is missing in the configfile or is set to 0, then autozooming does not happen;
The directive AUTOZOOMENABLED indicates whether autozoom should be enabled on startup. You can toggle this setting with R + L trigger;
The directive AUTOZOOMHYSTERESIS (from GoDE) indicates how many km/h or mi/h extra/less you have to drive before autozoom happens;
In combination with my change to have WARNINGDISTANCE really work on a pixel basis, this can be handy to see waypoints earlier on the freeway :).

Second line in POI can now be 90 characters;
Support for _DEFAULT POI file, which loads at startup:

Put this file in /PSP/COMMON to load it for every map;
Put it in a map folder for specific folders only.

Swapped red and green in icons back to the way they were in 0.501 and earlier, i.e., red is inactive, green is active;
Fixed speedlimit to take speedfix into account;
Do not show _MY_POIS when loading another POI file.

For developers: look for "// Nieko" in the files mentioned above. The changed files are: attractions.[ch], font.[ch], main.c, ICON00.PNG, makefile, config.txt, {attraction, circle, waypoint}.png

This version can be found at:
http://stuff.nieko.net/psp/mapthis/mapThis0505%20-%20Nieko.zip

Because I only have a PSP-290, I have not tested if any of this functionality works for generic GPS devices.

Airwave
November 6th, 2007, 20:16
Hey Deniska, it works great and the smooth zoom are beautyful and i think mapthis are faster.i can choose the maps faster,i think the performance are greater.
but the testphase must be on road in next time.

deniska
November 7th, 2007, 15:47
Do not show _MY_POIS when loading another POI file.
Out of curiosity, why did you disabled this feature?

Nieko
November 7th, 2007, 16:33
When I want to see e.g. all the supermarkets in the area, I find that also loading my own POIs may be confusing, especially because they have the same icon by default. Also, I found it more logical to load only those POIs you actually chose in the menu, and not also _MY_POIS.

Both sides have arguments of course, I preferred this one.

Codaz
November 8th, 2007, 18:15
Nice ! I hope Deniska fixes the problems i addressed him too in 505.

And stuff some great features from Nieko into 505 final.

Then Mapthis will be almost complete.

My only wish is then:
Vector data implementation.
The Netherlands has very good vector data available :)

edmer79
November 9th, 2007, 17:52
Hi deniska,can i use mapthis 0.505 on a fat psp running on firmware 3.71 m33?i am using a holux 240.

Nieko
November 9th, 2007, 18:20
You could try running it first. If it doesn't work, then describe what's going wrong (after having checked the stickies and searched the forums of course).

Besides, this is a development thread.

Ivan55
November 10th, 2007, 18:12
First of all thanks for all your work Deniska and Nieko. I though I would advise on a couple of bugs that I've come across. I have downloaded Nieko's latest version and am running on a fat PSP with 3.52 M33-4 firmware, using 290 gps unit. Tested exsisting route and map from previous Map This (V5.00) on new version Audio does not work also autozoom by speed causes the small scale in top left hand corner to move up but map does not change (this featue is a good idea). I also like the idea of disregarding the midpoints on a programed route as it does get annoying. A further bug is that the speed warning no longer functions.

Just a quick note for Deniska, despite entering a map name in the "STARTUPMAP" in the config file the map always refuses to auto load. however this does happen in Nieko version. Thanks again hopes this info helps further devolopment.

Airwave
November 10th, 2007, 18:38
Okey the test is running great,performance is better and a the turning function from the icons are better than before.

Onehopefullyfixedinfuturewish:

When i switch my PSP short off,for example i go in the supermarket and i come back and switch on,mapthis is going but the map isn`t update the maptiles,only short solution are new maploading.but why do mapthis not reloadet the maptiles after warmstart?

Its not a great problem but it would be usefully.

btw. Happy new Mapthis ;) I like that.

Nieko
November 10th, 2007, 19:57
Ivan55: oops :). Autozoom is now fixed (see http://stuff.nieko.net/psp/mapthis/mapThis0505%20-%20Nieko.zip). As for audio, it works just fine here. If the problem persists, could you post the exact files you're using?

I don't see any problems with speed warning, it seems to work just fine here.

(Note: I'm increasing the speed softwarewise, so I don't have to drive around all the time when testing. Sometimes then bugs like you described above slip through, unfortunately.)

Nieko
November 11th, 2007, 11:04
Ivan55: oh, you did test the speed warning with GPS mode on, right? The requirements for a speed warning are:

First, your speed should be lower than speedlimit;
Second, your current speed should be higher than speedlimit;
Third, GPS mode should be on.

I increased the speed softwarewise, and at least then it worked just fine.

About STARTUPMAP, I noticed that deniska's version (.505) has a config.txt that has both Unix and DOS linebreaks. This can easily be noticed when opening it in the VIM editor (you'll see "^M" at the end of most lines). The problem with this is that MapThis itself looks for Unix linebreaks, and thus copies extra bytes into the startupmap variable when using DOS linebreaks.

It should work if you copy my config.txt to the official version, as it contains only Unix linebreaks.

Airwave: this could be implemented, but you could also go back to the map selection screen and then put the PSP on standby. When turning it back on, choose your map, and you're good to go again :).

Ivan55
November 11th, 2007, 13:36
Thanks Nieko, I will download from link in post 35 above and run revised version over the nexr day or so. Re. speed warning yes i changed speed warning to 80 in conf, as when I drive to work I normaly exceed this, and would expect warning as per previous versions (I wonder if it is related to the fact that I had no audio/voice prompts at all. (all worked with Deniska version 5.00). I'll experiment with the diferent conf files and post any further bugs or findings in a day or two.

shimey
November 11th, 2007, 15:51
Amazing. Looks so great and the new track up/perspective zoom is so polished. Who needs GARMIN? I was mucking about with an older version with no luck, and (on Nieko's advice) dropped this in and it just started working.

Have had the odd lock-up when trying to "read info from GPS device," other than that, golden.

Thanks for all the work!

alo1234
November 11th, 2007, 15:55
I noticed when you press [] to turn the GPS on, then u press again it still says ON, is it supposed to be like that?

Nieko
November 11th, 2007, 17:51
alo1234: yes, square is only for turning it on. You can turn it off by moving the cursor. Note that then MapThis will still try to get a fix on satellites, it just won't show where you are anymore.

deniska
November 11th, 2007, 20:33
Just a quick note for Deniska, despite entering a map name in the "STARTUPMAP" in the config file the map always refuses to auto load. however this does happen in Nieko version. Thanks again hopes this info helps further devolopment.
You probably have "^M" attached to the end of the string (most windows editors do that) Just delete the white space behind your map's last character with Configuration->edit tool

Ivan55
November 13th, 2007, 01:33
Deniska, thanks for the help on that. Nieko have tryied your new version, but same bugs still exsist (on the firmware i'm using) with regard to no audio and autozooming Scale top left moves up and down with speed but map does not change. (however if I manually zoom up or down by 1 on scale map changes two or three on scale. I am going to load Deniska's beta 5.05 version and see if audio or speed warning are affected. will post results.

Nieko
November 13th, 2007, 10:27
Ivan55: I just tested on my bike, audio and autozoom work just fine. You could try another firmware if you're willing to.

Concerning the speed warning, the official version requires you to specify a speed in knots. I have changed this to include the speedfix variable, so now you can specify it in km/h, mph, etc.

See http://stuff.nieko.net/psp/mapthis/mapThis0505%20-%20Nieko.zip.

Ivan55
November 14th, 2007, 01:34
Deniska: Nieko: For your info: as post 42 I have now loaded Deniska's beta 05.05 version (used same map file as before). all audio works fine however I still have the issue with the autozoom with relation to speed (Scale moves, map does not unless I press manual zoom up or down then map changes by factor of two or three depending on speed) I noticed on the conf file that time +- GMT has been removed was there a reason for this. finally I would be interested to hear if these problems disappear with other firmware. The speed warning which worked fine on previous version no longer works. one final point is it posiable to have two sets of POI open at the same time eg 1st POI speed camera locations, 2nd POI route info between A & B. The above bugs are minor issues on a fantastic program. thanks.

the_troll
November 14th, 2007, 07:01
Nieko, great addons. I'm using it on 3.71m33, but noticed it loads everything slower than Deniska's. When I'm scrolling, doesn't always load fully as well. I didn't have this issues with Deniska's so just wanted to pass this on to you.

Thanks.

AlbertoZ
November 14th, 2007, 08:09
Hi all,

I just installed

- psp toolchain
- psp sdk
- psp libraries

under linux (open suse 10.3). Everything was fine,
compilation of these packages took hours, but at
the end my SDK environment was ready to use.
Then I got nieko package (0.505), compiled it (for
generic receiver). Of course I modified the Makefile,
for the PSP generic part. I also left BUILD_PRX=1.
Compilation was successful, and the EBOOT.PBP
was built. Great, but when I copy it (together
with the 0.505 directory structure from Nieko package) and start it on the XMB PSP freezes.
Blank screen and shoutdown of the PSP.
Hints? Suggestions? Anyone with similar
problems???

Thx,

I'm on PSP fat, 3.52 M33-4 firmware.

AlbertoZ

Nieko
November 14th, 2007, 09:05
Deniska: Nieko: For your info: as post 42 I have now loaded Deniska's beta 05.05 version (used same map file as before). all audio works fine however I still have the issue with the autozoom with relation to speed

The official version doesn't support autozoom, I and GoDE built that in. There was indeed a bug where autozoom only moved the scale while it didn't actually zoom in or out. I fixed that, so if you download it again now, it should work just fine. Do note that you have to set variables in your config.txt for this to work in the first place!

I noticed on the conf file that time +- GMT has been removed was there a reason for this.

Timezone is now read from your PSP settings (XMB -> Date & Time Settings -> Time Zone).

finally I would be interested to hear if these problems disappear with other firmware.

I doubt it, I think your problem lies elsewhere (e.g. config.txt or faulty audio files).

The speed warning which worked fine on previous version no longer works.

You did read my post where I said the official version now wants you to specify this speed in knots, right? I believe this is a bug, because in 0.499 and before the speedfix was taken into account.

one final point is it posiable to have two sets of POI open at the same time eg 1st POI speed camera locations, 2nd POI route info between A & B.

You can if you put the two in a single file. Put all the POIs at the top and the route at the bottom. It's not possible to show multiple routes.

Nieko
November 14th, 2007, 09:17
Nieko, great addons. I'm using it on 3.71m33, but noticed it loads everything slower than Deniska's. When I'm scrolling, doesn't always load fully as well. I didn't have this issues with Deniska's so just wanted to pass this on to you.

Are you using the exact same config.txt for both versions? Perhaps CURSORSPEED or SMOOTHZOOM are changing things.

I tested both versions and indeed, the official version loads tiles a tiny bit quicker. But then again, I put in extra functionality, which takes up cycles as well, so this is to be expected.

So far I haven't noticed tiles not loading at all, so I'm afraid I can't do much about it.

Nieko
November 14th, 2007, 09:19
AlbertoZ: As far as I know, you should _not_ leave BUILD_PRX=1, but comment it out instead.

I had the exact same thing when trying to compile it for FW1.50, it simply wouldn't start. You could try reading up on kxploit and apply that. That may just work :).

deniska
November 14th, 2007, 19:11
Hi all,

I just installed

- psp toolchain
- psp sdk
- psp libraries

under linux (open suse 10.3). Everything was fine,
compilation of these packages took hours, but at
the end my SDK environment was ready to use.
Then I got nieko package (0.505), compiled it (for
generic receiver). Of course I modified the Makefile,
for the PSP generic part. I also left BUILD_PRX=1.
Compilation was successful, and the EBOOT.PBP
was built. Great, but when I copy it (together
with the 0.505 directory structure from Nieko package) and start it on the XMB PSP freezes.
Blank screen and shoutdown of the PSP.
Hints? Suggestions? Anyone with similar
problems???

Thx,

I'm on PSP fat, 3.52 M33-4 firmware.

AlbertoZ

Install psplink (or psplinkusb) and fist run the executable through it. In case of a crash it will point you to the exact address, which you can try to debug with psp-addr2line or gdb..
Also, compiling generic version produces a kernel mode EBOOT/prx.. I am assuming you are trying to run it under 1.5 FW kernel...

AlbertoZ
November 14th, 2007, 19:13
AlbertoZ: As far as I know, you should _not_ leave BUILD_PRX=1, but comment it out instead.

I had the exact same thing when trying to compile it for FW1.50, it simply wouldn't start. You could try reading up on kxploit and apply that. That may just work :).

Hi Nieko, thanks for answer...
I commented out the BUILD_PRX=1. EBOOT is generated, but I got the "corrupted data" icon on my XMB.

Then I created the two kxploit directories with

make kxploit

command. No luck! Two "corrupted data" icons this time...
:confused:

alberto@linux:~/src/mapthis/src> psp-gcc --version
psp-gcc (GCC) 4.1.0 (PSPDEV 20060507)

PSPsdk version is too old???

Please, help a PSP developer padawan :(

Makefile is hereafter:

TARGET = mView
PSPSDK=$(shell psp-config --pspsdk-path)
PSPBIN = $(PSPSDK)/../bin

PSP_EBOOT_PIC1 = PIC1.png

################################################## #################
#PSP-290/USB versionSPECIFIC DEFINITIONS::uncomment the lines below
#BUILD_PRX = 1
#CFLAGS = -O0 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG
#LDFLAGS = -mno-crt0 -nostartfiles
#LIBS = -lpspdebug -lpsprtc -lpspgum -lpspgu -lpsppower -lpspusb -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lm -lc -lpspwlan -lmad -lpspaudiolib -lpspaudio -g
#PSP_EBOOT_ICON = ICON00.png

#HOLUX GPSlim236+ version DEFINITIONS::uncomment the lines below
CFLAGS = -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -DGENERIC
LIBS = -lpspdebug -lpsphprm_driver -lpsprtc -lpspvfpu -lpspgum -lpsppower -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lm -lpspwlan -lmad -lpspaudiolib -lpspaudio -lpspgu
PSP_EBOOT_ICON = ICON0.png

OBJS = main.o \
graphics.o \
font.o \
utils.o \
attractions.o \
street.o \
nmeap01.o \
danzeff.o \
NavigateCalculations.o \
sceUsbGps.o \
geo-client.o \
mp3player.o

CXXFLAGS = $(CFLAGS) -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti
ASFLAGS = $(CFLAGS)

EXTRA_TARGETS = EBOOT.PBP
PSP_EBOOT_TITLE = mView

include $(PSPSDK)/lib/build.mak

Ivan55
November 14th, 2007, 20:55
Thanks Nieko: Have just upgraded to 3.71 M33-2 firmware, will load your revised version and see what happens.

GoDE
November 16th, 2007, 07:44
with regard to no audio
Have you seen that Nieko's package contains no mp3 sound files ?
You have to add them manually to the sound folder.

I have compiled (and added) Nieko's early 505 (not the actual one from the 13th Nov) for generic.
No problem until now (i don't have the time to test all features).

@All :confused:
What's the best mp3 sound format for MapThis.
I have tried 128kbit mono but it runs to quickly at 222MHz.

GoDE

deniska
November 16th, 2007, 16:50
@All :confused:
What's the best mp3 sound format for MapThis.
I have tried 128kbit mono but it runs to quickly at 222MHz.

GoDE

make sure your mp3s are sampled at 44Khz

Nieko
November 16th, 2007, 18:35
GoDE: you're right, I use different sound files, and forgot to put the standard ones back in. Also, are you using pspsdk and psptoolchain on Linux, and if so, can you explain how you're getting the generic version compiled? Here it doesn't start (returns to XMB).

edmer79
November 16th, 2007, 18:39
Hi Nieko,i tried using your version of mapthis with holux 240,at the gps page,it says gps state is off even through the gps mode is activated by pressing the square button.What could be the problem?(holux showing satellies has been located)
fat psp with 3.71 m33 firware
holux 240

Nieko
November 16th, 2007, 18:50
edmer79: unfortunately I don't have a generic GPS device, so I can't test the generic version. I'm afraid this will remain unsupported.

Of course, if the official version does work well, you could take a look at the differences between the two in the generic pieces of the code and figure out what's going wrong.

GoDE
November 17th, 2007, 16:20
Also, are you using pspsdk and psptoolchain on Linux

Sorry, but i am working in the moment under cygwin.
gcc 4.1.0 (pspdev 20060507).

Here is my make output:
xxxx@EARTH /usr/src/mapthis0505_Nieko/src
$ make
psp-gcc -I. -I/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEG
U -DNDEBUG -DGENERIC -D_PSP_FW_VERSION=150 -c -o main.o main.c
main.c:57: warning: 'adjust' initialized and declared 'extern'
main.c: In function 'cachemngr':
main.c:4165: warning: unused variable 'centery'
main.c:4164: warning: unused variable 'centerx'
psp-gcc -I. -I/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -DGENERIC -D_PSP_FW_VERSION=150 -c -o graphics.o graphics.c
graphics.c: In function 'setScene':
graphics.c:417: warning: unused variable 'z'
graphics.c: In function 'swizzle_fast':
graphics.c:1209: warning: unused variable 'i'
psp-gcc -I. -I/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -DGENERIC -D_PSP_FW_VERSION=150 -c -o font.o font.c
psp-gcc -I. -I/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -DGENERIC -D_PSP_FW_VERSION=150 -c -o utils.o utils.c
psp-gcc -I. -I/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -DGENERIC -D_PSP_FW_VERSION=150 -c -o attractions.o attractions.c
psp-gcc -I. -I/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -DGENERIC -D_PSP_FW_VERSION=150 -c -o street.o street.c
street.c:18: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'zoom'
psp-gcc -I. -I/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -DGENERIC -D_PSP_FW_VERSION=150 -c -o nmeap01.o nmeap01.c
psp-gcc -I. -I/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -DGENERIC -D_PSP_FW_VERSION=150 -c -o danzeff.o danzeff.c
psp-gcc -I. -I/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -DGENERIC -D_PSP_FW_VERSION=150 -c -o NavigateCalculations.o NavigateCalculations.c
psp-gcc -I. -I/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -DGENERIC -I. -I/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -DGENERIC -c -o sceUsbGps.o sceUsbGps.S
psp-gcc -I. -I/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -DGENERIC -D_PSP_FW_VERSION=150 -c -o geo-client.o geo-client.c
psp-gcc -I. -I/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -DGENERIC -D_PSP_FW_VERSION=150 -c -o mp3player.o mp3player.c
psp-gcc -I. -I/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -DGENERIC -D_PSP_FW_VERSION=150 -L. -L/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/lib main.o graphics.o font.o utils.o attractions.o street.o nmeap01.o danzeff.o NavigateCalculations.o sceUsbGps.o geo-client.o mp3player.o -lpspdebug -lpsphprm_driver -lpsprtc -lpspvfpu -lpspgum -lpsppower -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lm -lpspwlan -lmad -lpspaudiolib -lpspaudio -lpspgu -lpspdebug -lpspdisplay -lpspge -lpspctrl -lpspsdk -lc -lpspnet -lpspnet_inet -lpspnet_apctl -lpspnet_resolver -lpsputility -lpspuser -lpspkernel -o mView.elf
psp-fixup-imports mView.elf
mksfo 'mView' PARAM.SFO
psp-strip mView.elf -o mView_strip.elf
pack-pbp EBOOT.PBP PARAM.SFO ICON0.png \
NULL NULL PIC1.png \
NULL mView_strip.elf NULL
[0] 408 bytes | PARAM.SFO
[1] 14643 bytes | ICON0.png
[2] 0 bytes | NULL
[3] 0 bytes | NULL
[4] 159226 bytes | PIC1.png
[5] 0 bytes | NULL
[6] 726948 bytes | mView_strip.elf
[7] 0 bytes | NULL
rm -f mView_strip.elf

I have to setup linux for this in an virtual machine.
I also have to add the 3xx compiling capability.

Attached is Nieko's newest 505 (13th Nov.) for generic.
I add an "Nieko" to the Game icon so i know what MapThis Version i am running.

make sure your mp3s are sampled at 44Khz
Done, works, thanks.

Hi Nieko,i tried using your version of mapthis with holux 240,at the gps page,it says gps state is off even through the gps mode is activated by pressing the square button.What could be the problem?(holux showing satellies has been located)
fat psp with 3.71 m33 firware
holux 240

No problem here under M3.52#4 + Holux M1000.
You are sure useing the Generic Version ?

GoDE

Nieko
November 17th, 2007, 18:53
GoDE: except for different paths I have exactly the same make output for generic version... Seems my version of pspsdk/psptoolchain simply doesn't feel like it.

deniska
November 17th, 2007, 19:18
GoDE: you're right, I use different sound files, and forgot to put the standard ones back in. Also, are you using pspsdk and psptoolchain on Linux, and if so, can you explain how you're getting the generic version compiled? Here it doesn't start (returns to XMB).
Which return code do you get? I am assuming you are running it under 1.5 kernel...

Nieko
November 17th, 2007, 20:21
Which return code do you get? I am assuming you are running it under 1.5 kernel...

Unfortunately I don't have my PSP available right now, so I can't check myself. I put my EBOOT (generic) in the attachment.

I indeed ran it under 1.5 from /PSP/GAME150.

edmer79
November 18th, 2007, 04:38
Hi deniska,when are releasing the 3.71 version of v0.505?it would not run on 3.71 firmware.

deniska
November 18th, 2007, 04:48
Hi deniska,when are releasing the 3.71 version of v0.505?it would not run on 3.71 firmware.
You'd have to re-phrase it, because I have no idea of what you are saying or asking..
please be more specific of what the problems is..

edmer79
November 18th, 2007, 10:44
hi deniska,version 0.505 will not work on psp firmware 3.71 m33.when are you releasing it?

Nieko
November 18th, 2007, 11:43
edmer79: what are you talking about? If you can actually see that it doesn't work, that implies that it's already released.

What exact steps are you taking, where do things go wrong with which error messages and what have you tried to solve the problem?

GoDE
November 18th, 2007, 13:03
I indeed ran it under 1.5 from /PSP/GAME150.

Hi,
your eBoot is working for me, no startup problems.
My PSP is configured to run Kernel 1.50 Apps from /PSP/GAME where all MapThis Versions are installed.

GoDE

Nieko
November 18th, 2007, 13:36
Hmm, odd. When I get my PSP back, I'll test again :). If it works, I'll put it in with the PSP-290 EBOOT zip.

edmer79
November 18th, 2007, 14:10
mapthis v0.505(generic version) would not start using 3.71.however it is able to run on my friend's psp using 3.40 oea.

fat psp 3.71 m33,holux240

Nieko
November 18th, 2007, 15:24
Ok, have you installed the 1.50 update for 3.71 M33? By itself it doesn't support FW1.50 I think.

edmer79
November 18th, 2007, 17:00
you mean fw 1.5 plug in?(1.5 eboot for 3.71 m33)

fak3
November 18th, 2007, 19:11
you mean fw 1.5 plug in?(1.5 eboot for 3.71 m33)
he means this addon http://www.dark-alex.org/150kernel_addon2.rar

afgunboi
November 19th, 2007, 04:28
some one please give me a step - by - step info.. i tried everything, this might sounds dumb or stupid.. i got psp slim with gps 290 i got from ebay.. i got mapthis, i got the map of my area in the psp, it works all good with the gps turned on.. kknow, how do get it to show the red lines from one point to another?do u choose it from the psp? i greated a POI file my area too, its int he psp>mapviewr,, i also created GeoData.. i still dont get this... :(:(:( so hardd!!i replaced the eBooT aswell, i saw on youtube this guy had VOICE/and Directions activated, i want to do that..can some one pleaseeeeee help me....

AlbertoZ
November 19th, 2007, 08:49
Hi Nieko, thanks for answer...
I commented out the BUILD_PRX=1. EBOOT is generated, but I got the "corrupted data" icon on my XMB.

Then I created the two kxploit directories with
make kxploit
command. No luck! Two "corrupted data" icons this time...
:confused:

alberto@linux:~/src/mapthis/src> psp-gcc --version
psp-gcc (GCC) 4.1.0 (PSPDEV 20060507)

PSPsdk version is too old???

Please, help a PSP developer padawan :(

Maybe useful to other, maybe not...
I solved all my pspsdk compilation problems by reinstalling everything, catching out the last versions
of psptoolchain, pspsdk and psplibraries from
the SVN server. Now I can compile the nieko 0.505 mod and already tried it.. :)
Why it works now and not before? Boh...

@ Deniska: thanks for the PSPLink suggestion,
(post #50) but I hope this is not needed anymore !

Cheers,

AlbertoZ

GoDE
November 19th, 2007, 10:12
some one please give me a step - by - step info..

Sorry, but i thought this is an dev threat :confused: correct me if i am wrong !

Please open your own "Problem" thread and give information about your system detailed as possible.

GoDE

Nieko
November 19th, 2007, 21:42
Hi,
your eBoot is working for me, no startup problems.
My PSP is configured to run Kernel 1.50 Apps from /PSP/GAME where all MapThis Versions are installed.

GoDE

And so it does. I haven't really tested the .505 version until just now, and it works fine. Perhaps something just went wrong with earlier versions. Anyway, I've added it in the zip I mentioned earlier (i.e., here: http://stuff.nieko.net/psp/mapthis/mapThis0505%20-%20Nieko.zip).

afgunboi
November 19th, 2007, 22:17
And so it does. I haven't really tested the .505 version until just now, and it works fine. Perhaps something just went wrong with earlier versions. Anyway, I've added it in the zip I mentioned earlier (i.e., here: http://stuff.nieko.net/psp/mapthis/mapThis0505%20-%20Nieko.zip).

O btw.. the 5.05 mapthis freezez when you click the REC mode(LEFTARROW) .. and restarts the psp.. any ideas why it does that??

Nieko
November 20th, 2007, 10:09
afgunboi: I don't have a generic GPS device to test with, so unfortunately I can't find out what's going wrong.

deniska
November 20th, 2007, 18:22
afgunboi, please test this with v0.520 and let me know if you still have problems

BaDaPpLe
November 21st, 2007, 18:19
Would like to see a sound file play once signal is aquired.

Im pretty sure it used to have this or somone made a version that did I think.

Codaz
November 22nd, 2007, 11:22
Nieko are you working on the 0.5.20 version Deniska supplied ?

Now that there is only one version of the program (no more separate psp290 and holux version)

I would like to see your additions (poi record :thumbup:) to the program.

Thanks in advance

afgunboi
November 25th, 2007, 16:46
afgunboi, please test this with v0.520 and let me know if you still have problems

where can iget the .520? i looked everywhere.. as soon as i get it, i will try it and tell u if it works fine or not... please send me the linke ..

afgunboi
November 25th, 2007, 16:50
where can iget the .520? i looked everywhere.. as soon as i get it, i will try it and tell u if it works fine or not... please send me the linke ..

nmd i found it..im going to try it know with GPS290...
please hold...

afgunboi
November 25th, 2007, 16:55

ok i put the fw3.xx MAp VIEWer in the PSP>game and deleted the old Map viewer, and i opened the file from psp, it seems that everyting is working good with the gps 290 in...
smoother everything... and idea how u can activate the voice command thing??

Master Deniska!

Codaz
January 17th, 2008, 01:21
Deniska or other devs, is Mapthis still being worked on ?

I didn't hear any sign of development for the last 1,5 months :)

Nieko
January 17th, 2008, 09:11
Currently, not really. I'm starting to work more and am planning on buying a house soon, so for now development things have to wait.

I'll probably complete documentation (http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This!) and then at least take a break.

Codaz
January 17th, 2008, 10:49
Could you finish the Mapthis Cruise mode or is it too much work ?

Nieko
January 17th, 2008, 11:20
Don't know yet :). It's second on the list (after documentation), so when I'm done with that, I'll take a look at it.

My main concern with it, btw., was where to put the info on the screen. Do you have any preference for that? It could be at the bottom, where results from geodata are shown also, but then it would overlap with a POI file (if loaded).

Codaz
January 18th, 2008, 17:45
Leave one of the things on the sidebar.

I don't like the "very over the top" gui of mapthis either.

See Garmin picture for examples of how it should be.

spychacz84
January 20th, 2008, 01:49
Nieko - could you tell me how to create geodata file? i tried to use google (auto) option, but it only works on the maximum zoomed, maximum small maps of the small part of my city. You made a geodata of hole country! Or you convert it from somewhere. PLEASE! give me a sign how to do it.
And thank you for "http://getroute.nieko.net/" + this is great!

Nieko
January 20th, 2008, 09:54
Everything you need to create geodata for the Netherlands can be found in http://stuff.nieko.net/psp/mapthis/geodata/, however, this only works because www.openstreetmap.org has all this data for the Netherlands.

So first you'll have to actually find all the data (in a format that can be read, i.e., not encrypted in any way) for your country/region. In GMDL, a few countries are supported, but if yours isn't in there, then I can't help you. (The data may very well have to be bought e.g.)

spychacz84
January 20th, 2008, 23:14
ok - i spent another couple of time :) i have new question. How you saved *.csv from www.openstreetmap.org ??
I used java open street map as well as browser editing plugin :) i just cant find way for save it :( i can save it as a gpx routes - but this is useless :( i nead csv file :)

Nieko
January 21st, 2008, 09:31
On http://planet.openstreetmap.org/ you can download all the geodata for the entire planet in XML format. At the site I posted earlier you can also find a script that will convert from XML to CSV and finally to Map This! geodata.

Do note that my scripts are rather Dutch geodata specific, you may need to find some other data (like post codes) somewhere.

esco69
January 22nd, 2008, 20:27
To start off I want to thank you for your hard work on PSP App. I Know you get hundreds of emails but im going to try. I am running firmware 3.51 M33-6, I have got the 290Gps for PSP....I would like to know what I would need to get it running...Im in Toronto, Canada will this work for me ? Please advise. thank u.

Nieko
January 22nd, 2008, 21:28
You can probably find everything you need on http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This!. If not, then please post exactly what steps you have taken, and someone here might be able to help you out :).

However, find a thread that is suitable for your question, or create a new one. Posts in this topic are supposed to be about Map This! development (for programmers mainly), and your post isn't.

Codaz
February 19th, 2008, 01:55
Nieko,Deniska,Atari800, others

Any development updates ?

Last version of Mapthis is from ages ago.

Nieko
February 19th, 2008, 10:11
Not from me, and probably not any time soon either. I'm too busy with other stuff.

deniska
February 19th, 2008, 22:05
Nieko,Deniska,Atari800, others

Any development updates ?

Last version of Mapthis is from ages ago.
The last 2 months have been kinda slow..
I have a semi-functional vector map implementation and not too much time to finish it..
Plus, my new truck (2008 Cayenne), has navi build in.. So this kills my motivation a bit, although in some aspects I consider MapThis superior to porsche's outdated Navigation system -- for $3000+ they could have thrown in the 3D map mode ;-)

Codaz
February 23rd, 2008, 01:48
3000 dollars, lol :)

Porsche knows how to make money !

Maybe you could help Nieko and me on developing/hacking Go!Explore a bit.

We've been analyzing it for weeks. We have some success, but it's not a breaktrough though (we're close, but stuck on a protection).

PM me if you're interested.

zach5555
February 23rd, 2008, 01:53
are you talking about making it Holux/serial compatible??? That would be awesome with the North American Release!!:)

Codaz
February 25th, 2008, 22:27
It already does work with a Holux i think. Not that difficult. But i don't have a holux so i can't test it.

It's just a matter of altering some ini/config files.

markata
February 27th, 2008, 19:28
@Codaz I can test it - I have holux device. Just tell me what to do here or PM. 10x

aleitao
March 2nd, 2008, 13:27
Hi Deniska and Nieko,

First off all... my english is terrible so sorry if I write something wrong.

I'm amazed with this wonderfull map system of yours and I`m wondering if you give me some tips about development.

My questions are:
- is mapthis gnu? can I modify it? if yes
- Is the developer language C isn't?
- What kind of IDE do you use?
- What compiler I have to use to run the application on psp?
- How do you debug the application?

Sorry for this "off"questions but here in brazil we dont have to much support for psp and I every time I want something I have to ask/look on the internet.

I really want to modify a bit Mapthis (get some changes on the interface, regionalization and etc) to use it on my language.

Again: sorry for the english and thanks for you time :D

Nieko
March 2nd, 2008, 14:58
Not sure if it's under GPL, but yes, you can modify and redistribute it (with source), and it's indeed written in C.

I don't really use an IDE, I code in Vim (http://www.vim.org) and use PSPSDK (http://ps2dev.org/psp/Projects/PSPSDK) and toolchain (http://ps2dev.org/psp/Tools/Toolchain) to compile Map This!. You can also get the newest version from SVN.

You can debug using psplink and psp-addr2line. Crashes can be caught on FW1.5 with a few built-in functions and on FW3+ with an exception.prx (or something like that).

Sorry for this "off"questions but here in brazil we dont have to much support for psp and I every time I want something I have to ask/look on the internet.

I really want to modify a bit Mapthis (get some changes on the interface, regionalization and etc) to use it on my language.

Great, I'm curious what you come up with :). You do know that you don't need to recompile Map This! to build in internationalization, right? See http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This!#Localization for this.

aleitao
March 2nd, 2008, 15:52
Yes, I know that... Ill try to put some options to you change the language from the config file. I found a topic of yours when you startedhttp://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-64179.html and if I understand well this procedures do not work anymore(with version 5.2)? another thing that i want to do is make mapthis work with multiples speed limits and some changes on the interface and controls... Nieko ... thanks man... you help a lot I ill try to put the dev envirornment working in my machine...

Nieko
March 2nd, 2008, 16:31
I used to have a PSPSDK+toolchain setup under Cygwin, and that wasn't sufficient for 0.5+ (I think). Under Linux, with latest checkouts from SVN (well, mine's from september) it works just fine.

aleitao
March 5th, 2008, 22:36
Nieko, can I ask you one more question? my english isn't that well so a look the documentation and something is not clear for me... if I have the geodata mapthis can calculate the route for me or I still have to use the GMDL? I found some java classes with the route calculation algorithms and I'm thinking about implement this funciton on map this

Nieko
March 6th, 2008, 08:24
Currently geodata is only used for locating an address, not for calculating routes. Deniska was planning on working on this, but I don't know how much progress he's made.

I'm sure we'd all be very interested if you could implement this :). You can send him a PM.

MomboMan4
March 26th, 2008, 03:52
I removed the with/what arrays from geodata.c and placed them in a separate file (system/alias.txt). geodata.c no longer holds the alias or substitute functions. utils.c has them now. Anyway it reads the file when needed (and only once, keeping it in memory) I think alias.txt can be changed to handle other languages but I don't read anything except English so I can't test it.

If that is the case then I think we could start including other languages with the source files and have users rename them upon install, perhaps even using the LOCALE environment variable to help the install.

There is a comment at the top of alias.txt telling you how to add new items, but most importantly make a backup prior to playing with the file.

WHY: I had to add a couple of items to be searched on, like LANE -> LN and I thought this would be an easy project for a first attempt at developing on the PSP.

WHAT: Place geodata.c and utils.c in the src directory then recompile. The alias.txt file should be installed in the system/ directory on your PSP.

*** NOTE - There was a typo (cur & paste error to be exact) in the previous zip file - don't use it.

Nieko
March 26th, 2008, 07:04
Great to see someone else having a go at creating something new, I'm curious what you'll work on next :-).

deniska
March 26th, 2008, 14:36
I removed the with/what arrays and placed the data in a separate file (system/alias.txt). geodata.c now reads that file when needed (only once, keeping it in memory) I think alias.txt can be changed to handle other languages but I don't read anything but English so I can't test it.

If it can handle other languages then I think we could start including others with the source files (alias_ENGLISH.txt, alias_FRENCH.txt, ...) and have users rename them upon install, or perhaps the makefile using the LOCALE environment variable to help the install.

There is a comment at the top of alias.txt telling you how to add new items, but most importantly make a backup prior to playing with the file. The ordering of the items and spacing inside the quotes is important.

WHY: I had to add a couple of items to be searched on, like LANE -> LN and I thought this would be an easy project for a first attempt at developing on the PSP.

WHAT: Place geodata.c in the src directory then recompile. The alias.txt file should be installed in the system/ directory on your PSP.
This seems like a reasonable change.. I have no problems merging it to the official code...

Keep in mind that the latest trend in this project is to shift towards vector-line data. So, if I ever finish vector map implementation the geodata thing is going to be extinct...

MomboMan4
March 26th, 2008, 15:04
This seems like a reasonable change.. I have no problems merging it to the official code...

Keep in mind that the latest trend in this project is to shift towards vector-line data. So, if I ever finish vector map implementation the geodata thing is going to be extinct...
geodata.c going away is reasonable. I can move the alias () and substitute() functions to utils.c - Its just a text lookup so utils.c is probably a better home anyway. If your good with that I'll submit the two changed files sometime this later week.

MomboMan4
March 28th, 2008, 04:45
I noticed a cut & paste error in the post with the attachment which prevented the change from working. - Its been updated along with the removal of the alias & substitute functions from geodata.c. They now reside in utils.c.

archangelzero6
April 10th, 2008, 07:47
Does anyone know if there is the ability to use maps such as those from tomtom? seing that tomtom has all of the US and Canada preloaded onto its 2gb internal mem....... and also if it is possible and I have overlooked it, can we use in7ane's gmdl for downloading those maps?
~thanks

Nieko
April 10th, 2008, 09:23
See the wikibook: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This!#Can_I_use_my_TomTom_maps_and_POIs_in_Map _This.21.3F

fak3
May 4th, 2008, 21:40
It already does work with a Holux i think. Not that difficult. But i don't have a holux so i can't test it.

It's just a matter of altering some ini/config files.
what do you mean with "some ini/config files"? are you talking about sys_pc.txt?
how can i modify it to get the holux device working? :)

this is my sys_pc file http://www.megaupload.com/?d=40RPMUCV

mr_spidder
May 26th, 2008, 10:34
What lines do we must change to use the holux with goexp.
Is there anyone that can tell what an how me have to do??

thank's in advance

fischauge
May 26th, 2008, 13:26
You cant use holux with go explore.

Airwave
June 5th, 2008, 20:43
Hi Deniska or Nieko, is it possible to use the mappacket from the psp-store with a combination to mapthis? Or is that all vectorbasic and no way to use for mapthis?

thanks

http://store.playstation.com/game/product.vm?id=EP9000-UCES00881_00-PPCGOEXPLO000006

fischauge
June 5th, 2008, 23:47
I dont know if its possible, but at the moment the is no such support.

Airwave
June 6th, 2008, 22:10
hm, when i have developmentknowhow would i dev an combine with deniskas great mapthis as operating system and load the map from sony-store.or could be possible to show the mapdatas from download and check the function how going on and try to convert to mapthis usefull maps.

that would be great.

Codaz
July 3rd, 2008, 00:38
Deniska, is MapThis development stopped ?

deniska
July 3rd, 2008, 05:55
kind of... at least for now..