PDA

View Full Version : iPhone|iTouch] Project announcements for iPhone and iTouch. GBA, PSX, and more!

wraggster
November 4th, 2007, 15:47
News of a Project announcement from our very own ZodTTD (http://zodttd.com/index.php?/archives/19-PROJECT-iPhoneiTouch-Project-announcements-for-iPhone-and-iTouch.-GBA,-PSX,-and-more!.html):

I recently got an iTouch to dev on. I have my toolchain up and going and am working on a few projects for this very powerful handheld.
iPhone software can be used on the iTouch and vise versa. Not only does this iTouch handheld support a really nice hi-res touchscreen, but also OpenGLES video hardware acceleration, but also a powerful 533MHz ARM11 CPU based on the SAMSUNG S3C6400 SoC!

So what projects do I have lined up for these two handhelds? In order of highest priority:
- GBA via Exophase's gpSP project
- PSX via my psx4all project
- OpenTTD via OpenTTD.org project

If GBA goes well, and so far it is, then I will have high hopes for Playstation emulation on the iPhone. Controls aside. ;P
More updates on this as things progress!

Accordion
November 4th, 2007, 19:31
Good luck.

Though controls will be an issue. i would suggest a more abstract layout than the actual hardware.

aoesab
November 4th, 2007, 19:52
:thumbup:I would like to see a TI-92 calculator emulator for the ipod touch, it will be nice to have one like the one for the psp with an improve key interface that will make it easier to type numbers and so on in the touch screen.:)