PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Zelda On Uo Snes

o2byzst
July 15th, 2005, 03:19
I've been able to load and play The Legend Of Zelda - A Link To The Past on the new Uo-Snes9x y27 emulator, but there is this constant static sound in the background. It's almost like there is a second layer of sound going on...anyone else have something like this? Or perhaps know how to stop it?

CannedSoup
July 15th, 2005, 03:46
Which freq are you runing it at 11 22 or 44?
44 should sound the best but be the slowest. Sound emulation also isnt perfect yet.

o2byzst
July 15th, 2005, 05:48
It's been running at 44hz and it was suggested to increase the clock speed, so I tried at 222mhz, 266mhz and the overclocked 333mhz. None of that really seemed to change the sound. It's not like the sound is bad, but it's like there is a second sound track of nothing but static. It makes playing the game virtually impossible and I've tried several different roms - none of which have played without the static.

Any ideas?

o2byzst
July 15th, 2005, 06:19
I just ran through all my other games and no other SNES title has the static sound I've been refering to, so maybe it's something with the Zelda rom. I've tried other versions of that rom game and nothings worked though. Then again, the roms have been coming from those "vote or this file will be corrupted" sites...maybe that's the problem. Perhaps the file is corrupted in some way and that's what's causing the static sound.

I don't know, any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

arch stanton
July 15th, 2005, 10:06
If you are at the start of the game its just the sound of the rain. Keep playing untill you get into the castle and the noise will stop.
Those Hyrulians sure know how to soundproof a castle. :)