PDA

View Full Version : Daedalus PSP R13 Released!

papayo
November 4th, 2007, 19:12
http://digg.com/gaming_news/Daedalus_PSP_R13_Released

StrmnNrmn (http://strmnnrmn.blogspot.com/2007/11/daedalus-psp-r13-released.html) has just released the 13th version of his N64 emulator. One of the new features is the long awaited savestate option! That's right, you'll be able to save your game at any given point. This'll certainly make the slower games more playable.

Many speed improvements have been added. I myself have tested Super Mario 64 and it's running full speed at some parts!

As for the full changelog:

[+] Savestate support.
[^] Improved dynarec load/store code generation to remove a branch and a couple of instructions.
[^] Dynarec now generates much better code for fragments which branch to themselves.
[^] Dynarec load/stores through the stack pointer are now much more efficient.
[^] Avoid invalidating the instruction cache where possible.
[^] Simplified CPU event handling, making it slightly more efficient.

It was certainly worth the wait! It’s like they say, good thing will come to those who wait ;)

Please give Feedback Via Comments and Direct to Strmnnrmn (http://strmnnrmn.blogspot.com/2007/11/daedalus-psp-r13-released.html)

DIGG THis News (http://digg.com/gaming_news/Daedalus_PSP_R13_Released)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Daedalus_PSP_R13_Released

Give Feedback on Compatability in our Daedalus Compatability List (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58500)

Also for those of you who like playing around and modding games then we have our Nintendo 64 Homebrew News Site (http://nintendo64.dcemu.co.uk/) which features downloads and tools for every Game Editor released. Make your own version of Mario64.

Download and Give Feedback via comments

ab9003
November 4th, 2007, 19:20
Excellent, I have just confirmed the 1.00 version does indeed work on Psp Slim, I have also discoved Banjo Kazooie is running ALOT faster, and 16 save slots are available. Ill test more games soon :).

Baboon
November 4th, 2007, 19:21
Downloading now!

Thanks in advance for this release. :)

hatebreeder
November 4th, 2007, 19:21
thank you, strmnnrmn for all your hard work for the psp scene; You are appreciated:thumbup:

Sonicboy 101
November 4th, 2007, 19:22
Nice! Downloading now. :)

Jimmy_Nixon
November 4th, 2007, 19:23
Its Heree!!!

wraggster
November 4th, 2007, 19:23
Nice to see a decent real homebrew release rather than crappy custom firmwares :)

Vega
November 4th, 2007, 19:27
right on . thanks in advance for this StrmnNrmn . downloading now.

ab9003
November 4th, 2007, 19:28
Nice to see a decent real homebrew release rather than crappy custom firmwares :)

When'd we get any crappy custom firmwares?

blackrave
November 4th, 2007, 19:33
Thanks a lot, StrmnNrmn. Amazing work. Simply amazing. I will try out my favourite roms when I get time later tonight. Savestate is a great added feature.

Here is the changelog for Daedalus R13:

[+] Savestate support.
[^] Improved dynarec load/store code generation to remove a branch and a couple of instructions.
[^] Dynarec now generates much better code for fragments which branch to themselves.
[^] Dynarec load/stores through the stack pointer are now much more efficient.
[^] Avoid invalidating the instruction cache where possible.
[^] Simplified CPU event handling, making it slightly more efficient.

I was just about to post a news article myself with better quality and journalistic appearance (/me looks at QJ and EvilSeph's post (http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67074) on this subject) with less copy-paste (which he has commented negatively on before (http://strmnnrmn.blogspot.com/2007/02/please-please-please.html), which should count for all news posts about anything, not just on Daedalus), but seeing how quick & easy articles are seemingly preferred on DCEmu, I'll just refrain from it and give up even trying in the future.

I'll just end with saying: Please post comments regarding problems or suggestions directly in the developer's blog article (http://strmnnrmn.blogspot.com/2007/11/daedalus-psp-r13-released.html), not here. He can't go around and read all gaming forums.

Note: This last bit of the post is directed to the news staff for not doing what I would call proper work. It is in no way pointed towards papayo, the thread-starter.

titch.ryan
November 4th, 2007, 19:39
great new features thanks.

papayo
November 4th, 2007, 19:41
Blackrave, aye, I've got to admit that I was rushing the article a bit. But if I'm still allowed to edit my post, I would be more than willing to do so. I forgot all about that article ^^"

Save states are working fine here, and I can really notice the new speed increase. Mario 64 is running very smoothely and is full speed at some parts. It was certainly worth the wait!

As always, very nice work StrmnNrmn!

Sonicboy 101
November 4th, 2007, 19:46
I can really see the improvements in speed for SSB, Mario 64 I don't notice any... seems the same as R12.

Nikolaos
November 4th, 2007, 19:48
I am going to go on a rom dling spree.

maxipower90
November 4th, 2007, 19:55
hows the music in the games? and oot whats the speed like

DeleterX
November 4th, 2007, 19:56
Ermm im haveing problems runing it in 3.71-M33 when i select it, the psp shut down it's compatible?

Strongbadunit2
November 4th, 2007, 19:58
YAYYYYYYYY

now to test!

ab9003
November 4th, 2007, 19:58
Testing certain games (Tony hawk pro skater 3, banjo kazooie mario 64, super smash bros) I've found the music not to be as freezy and crackly because of the speed boost, maxipower90.

Auriman1
November 4th, 2007, 19:59
the long wait has finally ended :D

maxipower90
November 4th, 2007, 20:04
Testing certain games (Tony hawk pro skater 3, banjo kazooie mario 64, super smash bros) I've found the music not to be as freezy and crackly because of the speed boost, maxipower90.

thanks ab9003, man i,ll cerntainly get this later

paintball1119
November 4th, 2007, 20:06
Goldeneye seems to freeze at menu??
also there a new option in the menu
Dynamic Stack Optimisation
what does that do?

Safari Al
November 4th, 2007, 20:11
omfg!!!! YEDSSSSSSSSSSSTHANK YOU STRMNNRMN!!!

blackrave
November 4th, 2007, 20:28
Blackrave, aye, I've got to admit that I was rushing the article a bit. But if I'm still allowed to edit my post, I would be more than willing to do so. I forgot all about that article ^^"

Save states are working fine here, and I can really notice the new speed increase. Mario 64 is running very smoothely and is full speed at some parts. It was certainly worth the wait!

As always, very nice work StrmnNrmn!

I am sorry, I did not make myself clear enough.

When DCEmu's members post news articles in the Submit News forum, it is the moderator's and/or news staff's responsibility to moderate and clean up the post and make it a text worthy enough to be read by the site's 260 000 members and visitors, with a nice description of the item posted. "X has posted Y application. [copy-paste from readme if existant] Download via comments." or even "via X news site. [copy-paste of the entire article]" can hardly be called journalism and is definitely not a good quality read.

It is therefore not you I am blaming, it is the staff on this site that needs to do better work. A lot better. This is exactly what is being discussed in this thread (http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67074) from June, and I still do not think that anything has changed.

Sorry to post off-topic in this thread, but it is an important subject in my opinion and I doubt I am the only one frowning upon this.

Again, sorry if it seemed as an attack on you. It was an attack on the site staff to encourage them to do a little better work.

Edit: I see now that papayo has improved the article drastically, doing what the news staff should have done for him in the first place. Great! This warms me, but at the same time angers me. Thanks, papayo.

kharaboudjan
November 4th, 2007, 20:50
well i have tried 5-10 games now (mario 64, OOT, Mario kart, AeroGauge, SSB, Dr. Mario 64 etc.)

I think strmn are doing a great job, but it was nothing special against R12 and definatily NOT worth the wait since June :/

Captainmorgan and all the others: we were wrong, it was not 25-35 & or 23-28 % speed up. it was only 10-20 % :(

we will all have to wait for like R25 year 2009 or something to play at least 1 (one) game at a playable speed.

anyways keep up the work strmn, hopefully you can let someone else continue your work so we can have moooore speed :)

hypochondriac
November 4th, 2007, 21:00
my mario rom has strange characters where the dialogue should be. Is it just the rom or daedalus?

watupgroupie
November 4th, 2007, 21:05
well i have tried 5-10 games now (mario 64, OOT, Mario kart, AeroGauge, SSB, Dr. Mario 64 etc.)

I think strmn are doing a great job, but it was nothing special against R12 and definatily NOT worth the wait since June :/

Captainmorgan and all the others: we were wrong, it was not 25-35 & or 23-28 % speed up. it was only 10-20 % :(

we will all have to wait for like R25 year 2009 or something to play at least 1 (one) game at a playable speed.

anyways keep up the work strmn, hopefully you can let someone else continue your work so we can have moooore speed :)You obviously Don't appreciate the hard work that went into this emulator from the beginning, People used to think this was a joke and would never have gotten as far as it has. You need to think before you talk and to be honest i don't think there is any other psp devs up to the task of taking this emulator farther than he as. This guy is the most experienced guy we have and i'm sure he doesn't like it when you put him down like that.

Great work strmn and can't wait to try out this savestate feature.

Also kharaboudjan he has to do things in small peices otherwise he wouldn't get releases out at all. He works at something like savestates. Then maybe speed. Then controls or something like that. One small step after another. He also has a life and can't dedicate his whole life into this project. Don't be selfish.

jedikevin20
November 4th, 2007, 21:12
Alright tried the 2 games i wanted to play, super smash bros and mario kart and good work strm. super smash on one on one matches is in the 40 fps range which is a nice 3-4 fps improvement. Its about 36fps or so on 3 player matches but sadly on 4 player is still running pretty slowly around 26-30 fps. Mario kart seems to run alot better. not as much glitching as in r12 and offcoure about 3 fps improvement. ( around 24-25 fps) Good work strm. Keep it up. Hopefully you can find something else to improve speed on the next release. Please people don't get off subject or start the criticizing like person above me (khara). Let people know what get and give the good shout out to strm. the save state is a very nice addon since i can play a bit, save and come back later w00t. Really enjoy that . One thing to remember is that strm stated he hadn't started any optimizations on certain games like he did with ssb so I guess we could see alot of that coming.

michael chan
November 4th, 2007, 21:28
i say..GJ!!!

well i tested zelda and played around in hyrule field and i got:

frameskip 3: 16 - 20 fps
frameskip 2: 10 - 14 fps
frameskip 1: 5 - 10 fps

i would say....ZELDA OOT is very playable at frameskip at 3 =) with no sound

Johnny Rash
November 4th, 2007, 21:29
It has come!

Downloading now.

I sure hope Jet Force Gemini is playable...

SpacemanSpiff
November 4th, 2007, 21:40
Woo-hoo, got Space Station Silicon Valley working in game! It always used to crash on me during the opening cutscene in earlier versions.

Accordion
November 4th, 2007, 22:02
I am sorry, I did not make myself clear enough.

When DCEmu's members post news articles in the Submit News forum, it is the moderator's and/or news staff's responsibility to moderate and clean up the post and make it a text worthy enough to be read by the site's 260 000 members and visitors, with a nice description of the item posted. "X has posted Y application. [copy-paste from readme if existant] Download via comments." or even "via X news site. [copy-paste of the entire article]" can hardly be called journalism and is definitely not a good quality read.

It is therefore not you I am blaming, it is the staff on this site that needs to do better work. A lot better. This is exactly what is being discussed in this thread (http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67074) from June, and I still do not think that anything has changed.

Sorry to post off-topic in this thread, but it is an important subject in my opinion and I doubt I am the only one frowning upon this.

Again, sorry if it seemed as an attack on you. It was an attack on the site staff to encourage them to do a little better work.

Edit: I see now that papayo has improved the article drastically, doing what the news staff should have done for him in the first place. Great! This warms me, but at the same time angers me. Thanks, papayo.

it doesnt work like that and never has.
the submit news forum is for submitting news threads. it is and has never been a way of tipping the 'staff' for editing.
this site is mostly run by the members, it does not run by editors.

kiariki
November 4th, 2007, 22:05
It has come!

Downloading now.

I sure hope Jet Force Gemini is playable...

It still isn't. :( You see white stuff and then black and then... XMB. O_o

cashboxz02
November 4th, 2007, 22:05
Sorry, but I am kind of new in this homebrew thing. How do I download the NintendoŽ 64™ emulator in the SonyŽ PSP™ along with the NintendoŽ 64™ Roms?

Shadowblind
November 4th, 2007, 22:09
what blackrave said, to shorten this post, lol

Yeah, but what can you do, I guess. Its wierd, though; when the members here become mods, its like they turn into robots or something. Usually always serious or whatnot. Thats why I wish gunntims0103 was never a mod, its like he doesn't even exist anymore :(

Oh well. Thats why I'm here, comic relief what have you :)

Oh, and yeah nice release strmnrm! Kepp up the great work!

Apoklepz
November 4th, 2007, 23:08
HOLY JUMPING JIGGAWATTS!!!!! IT'S HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRREEEEEE!!!!!

lol. The joy....StrmnNrmnThanks once again for a wonderful update of what is shaping up to be my favorite PSP emulator.

CaptainMorgan4
November 4th, 2007, 23:34
Yeah so far I've had trouble with Doom 64 & Goldeneye with Dynarec enabled, other than that I'm happy. Just hope we get DKR working soon.

Solidsnake3000
November 4th, 2007, 23:53
thanks i love these updates hopefully someone will finish the ds one even though we dont have a tough screen we can pobably use the note button and analog to make it work. just thoughts

xxhiroshi21xx
November 5th, 2007, 00:28
:) guys, give Ocarina of Time a run and see if you can confirm the weird text when Navi talks to the Deku tree.

Nikolaos
November 5th, 2007, 00:29
Not worth the wait, I am actually quite dissapointed. Where is the 20% speed increase? I see nothing more then savestate options which alow me to save on games that aren't even playable. -.-

Nikolaos
November 5th, 2007, 00:33
I have come to the conclusion that you can not do this project by yourself. It is too time consuming and the updates are too minor. It is just like ZX with gba emu, just I don't think an excophase is going to save us.

coretactic
November 5th, 2007, 00:34
kirby 64 still doesn't start.

Johnny Rash
November 5th, 2007, 00:43
It still isn't. :( You see white stuff and then black and then... XMB. O_o

Thank you Kiariki...

I was happy.
This was going to be the first time I used Daedalus.

Now I am sad...:(

Wally
November 5th, 2007, 00:57
*rambles about how Conker, Resident Evil 2 and Perfect dark now show life*

*Ducks*

Johnny Rash
November 5th, 2007, 01:01
Yep, as I was told Jet Force doesn't even start-up.

But, I thank you StrmnNrmn!
I still get to play Ocarina Of Time!:D

SpacemanSpiff
November 5th, 2007, 01:06
Not worth the wait, I am actually quite dissapointed. Where is the 20% speed increase? I see nothing more then savestate options which alow me to save on games that aren't even playable. -.-

The 25% speedup is there, it sounds like your expectations were way too high, 25% isn't gonna magically make every game run at full speed but the increase does make a very noticable difference for games like Mario 64 and Mario Kart that can now be played at acceptable speeds most of the time.

azureblue
November 5th, 2007, 01:08
I just tried the new Daedalus R13, great work! The improvements were really noticiable. Especially the speed increase in SSB.

StrmnNrmn keep up up the great work. And don't stop just because a few people are unappreciable about your work. Your contributing something that is amazing to this world. You have many fans out there, me being one of em. Keep up the awesome work.

Wally
November 5th, 2007, 01:11
Johnny Rash: Jet force does start up but it shuts off.

You people that are complaining, bahahaha..... Try doing this yourself and see how hard it is!

You should appreciate the fact that Strmnnrmn even releases Daedalus for free

mike_jmg
November 5th, 2007, 01:21
this is awesome, mario 64 is kind of playable with no sound and no frameskip

omfg, this is simply amazing, even with sound. Thank you so much StrmnNrmn, hope you can achieve fullspeed someday. But this is a huge step foward

thank you, thank you, thank you
and keep up the great work

Johnny Rash
November 5th, 2007, 01:22
Johnny Rash: Jet force does start up but it shuts off.

You people that are complaining, bahahaha..... Try doing this yourself and see how hard it is!

You should appreciate the fact that Strmnnrmn even releases Daedalus for free

No, no!

My apologies.

I don't mean to complain.
This is a great work of homebrew that was deemed impossible at some point.

I'm sure the entire homebrew community appreciates StrmnNrmn's work! I know I do.

I guess people are just slightly dissapointed that their favorite games don't work.
Even myself.

But doesn't make this any less great.

Once again, I am sorry.

Pimp13
November 5th, 2007, 02:13
This is good work but I see no diffrence between R13 and R12. It has the same speed in SM64 and SSB. The only diffrence I see is the savestate loading. And that shouldnt take 3 months -_-'

PSPdemon
November 5th, 2007, 02:19
i've now read threw alot of comments......and im really disappointed in some of the replies...

any release ( no matter how minor it is ) is a good release. nuff said

also.... there is definantly a speed improvement, as well as more compat on games like conker ( finnaly it does SOMTHING :D )

also... as for full speed thing.... ive wondered what the meaning of "fullspeed" was. as far as i can tell....full speed would be 30fps on a emulator ( because the real console, even though it could do 60fps, only did 30fps on games )

anyway, im just probably rambling cause im pissed at how people are responding to the release.... but when you think how much works has been involed in this emulator....you have to appreciate it

thats just my opinion...

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

SpacemanSpiff
November 5th, 2007, 03:28
Has anyone else tried Earthworm Jim 3D? It runs way too fast even though I have speed limit enabled and the sync is only at 60-70%, its like playing the game in fast forward. Anyone else have this problem?

Vega
November 5th, 2007, 04:08
i've now read threw alot of comments......and im really disappointed in some of the replies...

any release ( no matter how minor it is ) is a good release. nuff said

also.... there is definantly a speed improvement, as well as more compat on games like conker ( finnaly it does SOMTHING :D )

Snap.

People need to remember that projects like this are time consuming and miracles don't happen overnight. I don't care how minor Daedalus updates may be, the fact that this project is still getting tweaked is enough to make me very pleased.

porchemasi
November 5th, 2007, 05:36
Thank you for your hardwork, maybe u can use the 3.71 KERNAL and take advantage of 2x the RAM on PSP SLIMS?

V3N0M
November 5th, 2007, 05:37
It really amazing me how far this emulator has come.. I remember when it was first released and how amazing just a proof of concept was.. Thanks StrmnNrmn!

Does anyone know how long its been since the first release? I can't wait to see the progress a year from now!

schluptnut
November 5th, 2007, 05:41
Now everyone here rambling will be forced as slaves to help StrmnNrmn develop Daedalus.

Veskgar
November 5th, 2007, 05:56
Thank you for all of the time spent and hard work put in. People should appreciate this immensely. Someone made a good point earlier by saying this project used to be called a joke and laughed at in its beginning stages. Nobody thought it would get this far.

To have some games now play at relatively playable speeds WITH sound is a nice feat.

Unfortunately I won't be able to sink my teeth into this release for a day or 2 but I can't wait.

Thanks again!

Thank you for your hardwork, maybe u can use the 3.71 KERNAL and take advantage of 2x the RAM on PSP SLIMS?
I'm not sure if all 32MB of extra RAM can be used or not but using it can definitely help the performance of an emulator. Sadly, what I'm hearing from a lot of devs is that the extra RAM won't significantly improve performance. I think the only coder so far to incorporate the extra RAM is NJ with his excellent emulators. I'm also hoping that Exophase is able to do something with the extra RAM if he decides to update gpSP.

Baboon
November 5th, 2007, 08:19
Apart from the usual games that people are trying check out:

Asteroids Hyper 64, Forsaken 64, Rampage World Tour and Rampage 2! ...all of these with 1 frame skip play PERFECT with souund! :)

Pimp13
November 5th, 2007, 12:44
Cool

ebitiba
November 5th, 2007, 12:53
Waverace full speed without sound, 1 frameskip on stunt mode!!!

bah
November 5th, 2007, 13:41
Freaking sweet! :)

Thank you for your time and effort StrmnNrmn, another amazing release that is very much appreciated.

Anyone saying anything negative, other than constructive info about bugs/incompatibilities that have been introduced that may help the guy: Take a look at what you have gifted to the community, if its taken the hours upon hours upon hours of your time and is enjoyed by as many people as Deadalus is, then perhaps you can speak.

But you wont find those who have done so (other homebrew devs) saying crap like that, only whining pre-teens that feel the world owes them everything would do so.

gannon730
November 5th, 2007, 14:43
kool it released yes just a Q on mario 64 i have had it a hell of alot faster than it is now. in fact it was faster than it should be. it is now a bit slower than normal but smoother did any one else find that. any way i really appreciate the hard work your putting into this strmnNrmn thanks and i love the save state it is good for OOT thanks again and wish you luck for future releases and i hope i speak for every one when i say i cant wait for the daedalus Final yes come on lol thanks again

And for you who are disapointed for this release f*** off do you now how time consuming this is plus he has just moved and of course Halo 3 was out. Yes i would of preffered it come out quicker but all in good time. just be happy he is still releasing and working on it. to be honest i probally wouldn't touch my psp if it wasn't for Daedalus

Any way thanks again

Sonicboy 101
November 5th, 2007, 15:27
*rambles about how Conker, Resident Evil 2 and Perfect dark now show life*

*Ducks*

...What did you say?
I think you all better get out of here. I'm gonna explode :)

Baboon
November 5th, 2007, 15:31
This emulator is coming along very nicely! :0

Fair play to StrmnNrmn though - I’m currently on his wave length as I’ve only just discovered the joys of the 360 with regards to Bioshock and Halo 3! lol

Back on topic The save states on this release have been very handy to me (I no longer have to watch the super long intro on starfox64 everytime now). :)

I look forward to the next instalment.

Gold Line
November 5th, 2007, 16:41
wow mario 64 plays extremely well even with SOUND yes i did say SOUND! theres a small speed up in zelda oot and SSB, i'll test zelda MM in a bit

cal360
November 5th, 2007, 17:13
All I have to say is THANKS FOR THIS. I've been waiting so long.

JPJunkie
November 5th, 2007, 17:15
Thanks!

acn010
November 5th, 2007, 17:21
OMG......ALL 1.00 EBOOTS NO MATTER HOW OLD THE EBOOT IS OR WHAT APPS IT IS< IT WILL WORK ON PSP SLIM!
thank you
oh and great emu...

ab88
November 5th, 2007, 17:57

Game playing at 2 fps
New release 200% increase OMG
New speed 6 fps

Game playing at 30 fps
New release 10% increase
New speed 33 fps

As you can see it's not all about percentages and numbers. It depends at what speed the game is running in the first place. and....

Other than savestates, the most significant change in R13 is a number of optimisations to the dynarec core which should give a 10-20% speedup depending on the title being played
As you can see you FAILED to read up before posting that uninformed (in my opinion) comment. First of all, the speed increase is a range it could be anything in between not specifically the higher number. Secondly, the speedup depends on the game in question, with games running at higher speeds being more difficult to improve. I just hate when people start making assumptions and comments based on the fact that their little game is not running how they want.

RDToT
November 5th, 2007, 19:39
This is good work but I see no diffrence between R13 and R12. It has the same speed in SM64 and SSB. The only diffrence I see is the savestate loading. And that shouldnt take 3 months -_-'

maybe there is a difference in speed BUT not in these games that you mentioned
have you tried other games ???

SpacemanSpiff
November 5th, 2007, 21:34
I've found the speed increase to be pretty substantial in Mario 64, inside the castle I've found the median framerate to be 30 (meaning its running at full speed more than half the time) where in R12 it only ran at 30 when you were facing a wall or in a small room or something. It seems a lot faster inside the levels too, I just tried flying around in Shifting sand land and the framerate stayed in the 18-24 fps range most of the time where in R12 the same area would only get around 15-20 fps. You people sound like you were expecting it to run at full speed all the time or something.

CaptainMorgan4
November 5th, 2007, 22:24
Well StrmnNrmn has updated his blog, looks like he wants icons for R14, I made a new thread about it so expect to see it soon.

Vega
November 5th, 2007, 22:25
Gonna' get testing the WCW games now (never worked before) so I'll post up the results in a second

EDIT :
Still no luck! However, the memory card indicator flashes alot more when trying to load WCW / nWo Revenge... so thats progress!!!!!!! lol

EDIT 2l Just to follow up, I think most games that didn't work on the last release will still not load on this release (I just tested War Zone, Chefs Love Shack and South Park and, like before, none loaded) but the speed increases in some other games which worked before is definitley noticeable. Smash Brothers is a little faster, Mario 64 has improved too. All in all I still think this is a great update.

darkairo
November 6th, 2007, 03:17
Amazing emulator, this can be in a near future N64 emulation with a 22000hz sound emulated, Thnks, you're great "StrmnNrmn", greetings from Chile!, Wow The battery works good too, and the Savestates make more playable the games ^^

hack.fool
November 6th, 2007, 17:35
i tried only few games but there are some considerable progress..Mario 64 now run really smooth!!
You just bring to Psp owners something priceless..so for this and all of your hard works...THANK YOU!!!!!

K FORM
November 7th, 2007, 08:30
nice but army men sarges heroes 2 hardly works

K FORM
November 7th, 2007, 08:31
and duke nukem 64 is just a big white patch as the gun but still all the mario games work sweeet so nice work bro

hypochondriac
November 7th, 2007, 15:39
and duke nukem 64 is just a big white patch as the gun but still all the mario games work sweeet so nice work bro

Mario Tennis, gold and mario party 3 don't work.

gamefreak199101
November 7th, 2007, 22:52
can anyone confirm if pokemon stadium /2 works on this?

Strongbadunit2
November 8th, 2007, 00:26
It does work and works very fast! However you may need to mess around with the control output to get the controls to work in game.

jcsnider
November 10th, 2007, 17:26
I am tryin to play animal forest (doubutsu no mori) with this and when i play it, it is all shaded, you cant see the characters or anything on my psp it looks like this
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/5/14/1079196/AFPSP.bmp

On my computer it looks like this...
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/5/14/1079196/AF.bmp

Does anyone know what the problem is or how I fix it, I am using custom firware 3.52 M33 and Deadalus R13

Thanks

CaptainMorgan4
November 10th, 2007, 19:28
Umm this emulator isn't 100% yet so yeah there are issues like this and you'll just have to wait until StrmnNrmn fixes them, sorry.

jcsnider
November 10th, 2007, 20:03
Ok thanks for the info, this is the best of the best keep up the good work

CaptainMorgan4
November 11th, 2007, 01:23
JCSnider I saw you posted on StrmnNrmn's blog about the issue, there are PLENTY of games that have similar issues to this. He'll get to the compatability part of his emulator soon, just gotta be patient.

jcsnider
November 11th, 2007, 02:51
sorry, i didnt know there was more than one game and I want to bring this to his attension directly sorry to cause a problem...

CaptainMorgan4
November 11th, 2007, 04:43
No I wasn't trying to sound rhude, sorry, I was just saying he's aware of which games don't work and he'll attend to them. I personally want him to work on Diddy Kong Racing but we'll see when he gets to it.

nomi
November 11th, 2007, 09:11
how does super smash bros run noW?

jcsnider
November 11th, 2007, 13:52
I have played super smach bros with R13, it runs very good, like all the games I play the sound is a little laggy if you enable audio and it lags a tad bit if you do more then a three person battle.

htrantk
November 28th, 2007, 08:07
Hi, I cannot run "Perfect Dark" nor "Super Smash Bros". The roms were said that "cannot get rom...". Can someone help???

Tydeus
November 30th, 2007, 19:38
I think I'm doing something wrong, I cant get the N64 to work on my PSP, its always coming up with a corrupt file :(

Tydeus
November 30th, 2007, 20:01
I think I'm doing something wrong, I cant get the N64 to work on my PSP, its always coming up with a corrupt file :(

(Sorry for double posting)

I'm on 3.71 M33-3 if that helps, never used a popsloder too if that helps :P oh and none of the emulators work, well at least i've only tried the MSX and the 64 and all the 64 emu's have a corrupt file and the other file says cannot play, and the msx file says it cannot play too. I'm a noob :eek:

mastersho
December 12th, 2007, 23:29
Can I get some info on how the make my own custom controls via .ini files(if i can) cause I want a set of buttons just for Smash Bros.

robotdevil
March 12th, 2008, 05:39
Tired of the most awesome N64 EMU for the PSP not having it's own custom icon? So was I, but unlike you I did something about it. Unless you did something about it, then I'm just like you. Only better because I shared mine.

Anyway, here it is. It was built for my PSP which has a custom background that is rather dark so I'm sure it will work best on those. I did try to make it work with lighter backgrounds so play with it and let me know what you think. It's already in eboot form so just replace the one in your daedalus folder on your PSP and you should be good to go. Remember to backup first as I cannot be held liable for lost game savestates if something goes wrong.

CaptainMorgan4
March 12th, 2008, 13:13
It's like a bad commercial, decent icon but it should have went in one of the Daedalus icon threads. Thanks for the post though I guess, advice, maybe try adding an AT3.

Panini
March 12th, 2008, 13:27
@robotdevil: is this an animated icon?

I personaly think Daedalus is dead now anyway. :(

Cloudhunter
March 12th, 2008, 13:39
I don't think it's dead... just he seems to have gone AWOL again. I'm sure he'll come back though. Wally seems to think so!

Cloudy

robotdevil
March 12th, 2008, 13:43
No, it's not animated. It's really nothing special and yes I was going for the bad commercial feeling. I don't think daedalus is dead, it always takes a while for updates from it but when we get 'em they're pretty good.

And thanks for the advice Captain, I'll look into what it takes for that. But at 1:40 in the morning I wasn't thinking about which thread to post it in, I'm actually pretty surprised it got in any daedalus related thread. Ah well, maybe the next one will get to the proper place.

daveyboy65
March 12th, 2008, 18:01
i see a few say it comes up file corrupt on psp its same for me how do you get emulator to work on psp help would be grateful more so cos wife wants mario on it lol

No_one_in_particular
March 12th, 2008, 20:03
You'll need to hack it so it can run custom firmware. At the moment you're probably using Sony firmware (to see which, go all the way left on your PSP's menu>System Settings>System Information). If your number is above 3.50 you'll need to downgrade it using a Pandora Battery and a Magic memory stick. Then once it's down to 1.5 you're able to upgrade to a custom firmware - namely Dark_Alex's M33 firmwares.

dwitchpink
April 10th, 2008, 09:10
hi guys... just downloaded daedalus R13 its great :thumbup:

anyone knows where can i download super smash and mario kart? :D:D:D

jxx2005
April 10th, 2008, 15:08
hi guys... just downloaded daedalus R13 its great :thumbup:

anyone knows where can i download super smash and mario kart? :D:D:D

dont bump a thread when the last post in it was a month ago

try this awesome site for the roms
its called google
the URL i think is www.google.ca

Brainy142
May 3rd, 2008, 14:19
Wish I had a psp :D. COngratz to the developer, dont let the complainers stop you from accomplising the impressive feet