PDA

View Full Version : Map This! 0.5.0ZZ (Unnofficial MapThis)

compsci3000
November 4th, 2007, 21:51
Map This! 0.5.0ZZ (Nov 4, 2007)
Only tested it on PSP290 and PSP SLIM (M33 3.71-2).

Download (with source code):
http://rapidshare.com/files/67473562/0.5.0ZZ.rar

Since I spent quite some time spliting up files and changing structures to
make the whole source code more maintainable, I hope people can benefit from
my work and further improve the program. Any comments and suggestions are
appreciated.

ZZ

Changes:

- top panel: add signal bar, battery info including percentage and remaining
time. Longtitute and latitude will always remain regardless of GPS
being on or off.

- GPS side panel: add max speed info, and estimate time and arrival time
info for trip.

- O button is genrally used as cancel button, the same as SELECT. When
in POI list, TRIANGLE is used to access search menu.

- RTRIGGER is used to combine with other button to performance short cuts
or extra functions.
- RTRIGGER + DPAD: 3 time scroll speed for maps
- RTRIGGER + UP: POI look up
- RTRIGGER + DOWN: Address look up
- RTRIGGER + LEFT: GPS record when gps is on
- RTRIGGER + RIGHT: satellite info

- RIGHT button is assigned to change track up mode in reverse order

- LTRIGGER is used to access _MY_POIS, and you can find your favorite address
in the map much faster. Originally it is assigned to rotate map in anti-
clockwise order, now you can do that by using LTRIGGER + RTRIGGER.

- SQUARE can turn GPS statuc on and off.

- start up map must be chosen, either from config, or choose when the program is
started. Fixed a bug when selection is cancelled, the program exits.

- beep can be disabled or enabled in config.txt.

- changed some time delay code, so access to menus is faster.

- remember your previous menu selection

- config file changes:
- in edit mode, every line is changeable
- remove the trailing strange characters for startupmap

- most lists can be accessed in a wrap-around fashion.

- code cleanup (I really hate to see a 5000+ line c file)
- move most of code in main.c/h to other files according to their logical
structures: Display, Menu, GPS, Basic, PSPIO
- clean up global variables
- change a few inefficient implementation.

- other minor changes: see comments by ZZ.

NOTES:
- only test on PSP-290, code for generic GPS might be broken
- internationalization might be broken for GPS panel display
- might have some bugs.

TODO:
- make POI file editable and deletable inside the program
- Group global parameters to structures
- wifi map upload not working at all (never works)
- alert when no map is present
- occasional freezing when map is zoomed in or out (related to 0.5.0)

Download Above and Give feedback Via Comments

Nieko
November 5th, 2007, 10:43
- wifi map upload not working at all (never works)

See the attachment for a main.[ch] that sets up a connection to google.com for FW3+.

deniska
November 5th, 2007, 15:02
Nice to see, new people experimenting with the code!
Code clean up is definitely overdue - i'll try to merge some of the structural changes in to the official version.
I am not too thrilled with shortcuts and buttons overloading - I think it gets confusing (much like in IRshell) and tough to remember all the combos and differences for different modes...

Codaz
November 5th, 2007, 20:38
Nice ! Hope Deniska's official version benefits from this one.

I agree on the button combo's.

I hope you can edit the new 5.05 beta version ZZ !

compsci3000
November 5th, 2007, 22:16
See the attachment for a main.[ch] that sets up a connection to google.com for FW3+.

I actually did some testing on map upload, and it seems the following code works in the main thread, but not in the wget thread. I have no idea about the
reason.

sceUtilityLoadNetModule(PSP_NET_MODULE_COMMON)

I also tried the several official versions of Map This!, and none has map uploading working on my slim. It is not a big issue to me though.

deniska
November 5th, 2007, 23:11
the wifi code was initially designed for 1.5 kernel and never tweaked as it appears that most of the people don't use the feature anyway.
You are right - taking most of the init/resolution routines out of the wget thread and running them in the main should help.. Of course, the update status screen must be re-designed too...

PS: I spent some time today cleaning up the code.. Once I am done, i'll post the cleaned up version in the dev thread..

Thargalt18
November 6th, 2007, 13:25
Nice ;)

But rotate map's with LTRIGGER + RTRIGGER doesn't work :(

When I press that I've got adresses.

Thanks for this release !
I hope you will update that ;)

ndrew2505
November 6th, 2007, 19:36
the rotate map seems to work for me but i have another problem. ive got the 290 and when i put it in gps mode it doesnt get a signal or do anything besides bring up the lat/lon side screen. the d/l was ready to install and use right? im not sure if its my psp or gps unit b/c everytime i hook my chotto shot up to the usb i have to play with it to get it to work. basically like i said i just need to know if i can use this on 3.71m33 and gps-290 "straight out of the box" so to speak?

p.s. great job deniska! this version seems so easy to use if i can just figure out whether i got a hardware problem or not. :)

i did have a hardware/reception problem. i made an extension cable and got my maps d/l and it works great :)

decendent
November 16th, 2007, 16:59
I am very interested in this program I recently ordered the 290 and am trying to get the app to run on my 1001..... what exactly do I need to do ( firmware, install locations)???? please reply or pm me....... I have seen this in action and looks GREAT keep up the good work :thumbup:

225mostwanted
November 18th, 2007, 11:39
having problem with no signal for the past 3-4 days now, i have a psp290 ordered it on ebay...installed mapthis 0.5.0 followed all instructions, can't get this thing to work! help!!!

Nieko
November 18th, 2007, 12:39
Is there a hole in your GPS device? That usually prevents it from working.

Seriously though, what exact steps are you taking, where do things go wrong with which error messages and what have you tried to solve the problem?

zzzn00bzzz
November 18th, 2007, 22:05
I get no signal at all, all red bars are empty... I can't get it to work either.

3.71 M33-3
Map this 0.5.ZZ

shaniyapsp
November 23rd, 2007, 13:00
hi, is the 3.60 m33 compatible with this map? what countries are included with this map?thank you.:)

Nieko
November 23rd, 2007, 13:13
What? You could of course just try it out...

CLAUDIOGPS
December 1st, 2007, 08:06
ZZ,

the software is very nice specially for short cuts.
Very useful the battery indication.
Among the data displayed on the screen i should like to have also the altitude instead of max speed or something else.
Useful would be registration track as done by Nieko.

At the end:

you say in the last line of description

"- occasional freezing when map is zoomed in or out (related to 0.5.0)".
I have the same problem (random) specially at startup, in various type of operations with all the version of map this! also 0.5.20 (psp fat, fw 3.30oe', psp-290), two type of ms and all maps obtained with GMDL (the only i use).
I should like to know, in my case, if it is a software problem or a hardware problem. (it happen also with psp-290 module not connected).

Good work.

Regards.

theory6
December 15th, 2007, 22:35
I was reading an article on another site and was saying to upgrade to 3.72.....so i downloaded their file and didnt realize it was 3.72 from sonys website. I know 3.72 m33 is in the making but would the GPS and mapthis work on the firmware or do i need to have the homebrew?

Nieko
December 16th, 2007, 07:16
A homebrew capable firmware is required to run Map This!, so any official Sony firmware after 1.5 won't work (although some up to 2.71 or so can use HEN).

Codaz
December 20th, 2007, 22:43
Make that 3.11, it also has HEN. See Noobz.eu

Even upto 3.50 if you have a copy of Lumines 1.

You're way back Nieko, keep up with the shizzle ;)

Nieko
December 21st, 2007, 08:55
I do actually have Lumines 1 :P, but having that in your PSP all the time in order to be able to run HEN isn't all that practical. I'm not sure which is the latest FW you don't need any UMD for, but you get the idea :).

KOBE37
December 27th, 2007, 16:50
I find a map of Israel for PSP GPS
Thanks;)

emjay87
January 10th, 2008, 01:45
Dont mean to waste ur time guys, im getting an error msg at startup of this version. im running fw3.11. error msg is
ERROR:could not load usbacc.prx
gps will be disabled.

aside from this,program looks awesome.thanx

Nieko
January 10th, 2008, 09:19
It may be the case that usbacc.prx in your firmware (on flash) isn't working correctly. You could try upgrading to a new CFW (it works fine on 3.52 M33 and 3.71 M33), or try reinstalling your current firmware.

You could also try an older Map This! version if all else fails, and extract PRX files yourself. You can find instructions for this on http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This!#PRX_files_.28usbgps.prx_and_usbacc.prx.2 9.

CLAUDIOGPS
January 11th, 2008, 14:26
ZZ,
one month ago I wrote as below but now I must make a precise statement. Ten days ago I changed firmware on my psp from cf 3.30 oe' to 3.71 m33-3. From there never i had any problem in a large number of playing hours.
In any case i cannot say if cf 3.30 oe' is not ok for mapthis! because the problems could be also due to an imperfect installation, bat is sure that cf 3.71 m33-3 if perfect with mapthis! (I tested with a fat and on a slim with same results).

Regards.

ZZ,

the software is very nice specially for short cuts.
Very useful the battery indication.
Among the data displayed on the screen i should like to have also the altitude instead of max speed or something else.
Useful would be registration track as done by Nieko.

At the end:

you say in the last line of description

"- occasional freezing when map is zoomed in or out (related to 0.5.0)".
I have the same problem (random) specially at startup, in various type of operations with all the version of map this! also 0.5.20 (psp fat, fw 3.30oe', psp-290), two type of ms and all maps obtained with GMDL (the only i use).
I should like to know, in my case, if it is a software problem or a hardware problem. (it happen also with psp-290 module not connected).

Good work.

Regards.

nikko74
January 17th, 2008, 07:12
Yesterday i installed fw 3.80 M33 on my psp. And now, when i start to run Mapthis, i get the message "unable to start usbacc driver, gps will not be installed". Help me, please !

CLAUDIOGPS
January 17th, 2008, 18:43
nikko74,
I dont know if the same case, but i have a fat and a slim psp with cf 3.71 m33-4 and if i set in the recovery menu "game folder....." on 1.50 instead 3.71, i have the same problem.
But if i set on 3.71 all goes ok.

Regards.