PDA

View Full Version : Super metroid

dman32
July 15th, 2005, 05:54
Has anybody got super metroid for the snes emulator to work? if so can anybody send me the rom?

Tranman409
July 15th, 2005, 06:36
Thats illegal and not allowed on the forum. Stop being lazy and google it

Cross
July 15th, 2005, 06:37
If you check the compatabilty list you would have ur answer and on the rom just read above.

dman32
July 15th, 2005, 06:42
cross i asked because i have some and i have the emulator..but it doesnt work

Kaiser
July 15th, 2005, 06:50
Yes it does work I'm sorry. Find another version of the rom then. use the newest UO Snes 9x and you are set.

dman32
July 15th, 2005, 06:56
does it work with firmware version 1.5?

Kaiser
July 15th, 2005, 07:03
does it work with firmware version 1.5?

yes, as long as your using an exploit of some sort. SEIPSP tool, Kxploit or even the old and obsolete swap trick.

dman32
July 15th, 2005, 07:04
Then I must be doing something wrong. I make the snes9x folder and copy everything to that..and it doesnt work for me. where should the rom go? I put it in the same folder with the boot file.

Kaiser
July 15th, 2005, 07:06
Are you saying the emulator is not working or the rom here?

dman32
July 15th, 2005, 07:07
I'm new to all this...lile my other emulators work....one folder is names snes9y then snes9y% thats an idea of the set up i have now

dman32
July 15th, 2005, 07:08
the emulator

do you have yahoo messenger or msn messenger?

Cross
July 15th, 2005, 07:10
wait if ur using SEI or KX u should not be makjing a SNES folder.....

And if u can not get it to work it helps us to know, What full version ur PSP is (make sure its 1.50 not 1.51 or 1.52) Second the verison of SNES, What tool ur using and which file ur putting the roms in, what format the rom is in, is the SNES Emu even booting up and u just can't start the rom, etc this would help out.

If you check the compatibilty thread and review theread (all in one I wrote it and its at the top of the forum as a sticky) It has a link to the SEI tool thread, an install guide, the links to each EMU and how to use them as well as the compatabilty lists.

Kaiser
July 15th, 2005, 07:10
make sure you use this SEIPSP (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=578) to get the emulator on it. It's much easier then renaming the files yourself. Plus no corrupt data icons.

dman32
July 15th, 2005, 07:15
AWESOME! that was easy to use..and I'm trying the roms I have now. Thanks allot...anything else you think I need to know? My current set up for my other roms has the corrupt data file..so you're saying if I use that program it gets rid of that.?

Kaiser
July 15th, 2005, 07:17
read up on this (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7353) . Its a good read and will teach you basics of our current emulators, what they can do and some configurations for them. Its also made by our friend Cross. :)

Cross
July 15th, 2005, 07:21
*Bows* thank u Kaiser ^-^

And I am happy to see Kaiser got u up and going ^-^

dman32
July 15th, 2005, 07:21
Thanks allot...I really appreciate it...I guess I was being lazy:) sorry.

Cross
July 15th, 2005, 07:28
Not to much ^-^ don't worry we all make mistakes, personally I have a huge problem with the space bar...... but I really think its this keyboard because my wife is compaining about it now to lol. Dang Dell Keyboard. :P

dman32
July 15th, 2005, 07:30
actually one more after the one more question:)
I thought I shouldnt see the corrupt data file anymore..but its there...did I do something wrong or is it supposed to be there?

o2byzst
July 15th, 2005, 07:47
Hey Cross, I'm a fan of the Mircosoft professional wireless keyboard and mouse...they've worked great for me for a little over a year now. I'd recommend them. I do have one quick question for you if your reading this, I'm having sound issues with Zelda for the SNES, it's kinda like a constant static in the background. I've tried different sound methods and I'm using the Snes9x y27 emulator...no such luck though.

Any ideas on how to get rid of the sound? And you know what a .7z file type is?

dman32
July 15th, 2005, 08:00
i have that sound problem also with zelda..i've tried multiple files.

PSP_Newbie
July 15th, 2005, 09:15
a .7z file is a compressed file similar to .zip, .rar, etc but usually makes the file much smaller, tho not many use it

Bus1nessboy
July 15th, 2005, 09:23
I have super metroid working just fine, I think that sometimes some of the roms just don't work so you just have to download another. Thats what I had to do to get Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario Allstars+World, and Zombies Ate My Neighbors to work, so find another Super Metroid rom off a different site and try that.

Kaiser
July 15th, 2005, 20:18
actually one more after the one more question:)
I thought I shouldnt see the corrupt data file anymore..but its there...did I do something wrong or is it supposed to be there?

Make sure you checked off hide corrupted icons when you put the emulator on the PSP using Sei.

Romshark
July 16th, 2005, 00:43
I do have one quick question for you if your reading this, I'm having sound issues with Zelda for the SNES, it's kinda like a constant static in the background. I've tried different sound methods and I'm using the Snes9x y27 emulator...no such luck though.

Are you sure that's not the sound of rain at the beginning of the game? Try playing until you get into the underground passage that leads to the castle courtyard. I think that's the first spot the rain sound stops.

dman32
July 16th, 2005, 02:19
thanks for the help