PDA

View Full Version : usb/memory stick problem

pdh1962
November 5th, 2007, 09:54
First post :) When I connect my psp to my pc via the USB, on opening the folder my memory stick and GAMES/MUSIC/VIDEO folders are not being found or shown on the pc although it does show some other, smaller folders which frankly mean nothing to me!
But when I use my pro stick duo and use the card reader, all my media folders are shown and can be accessed as usual.
Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
Thanks
Pete

sourced
November 5th, 2007, 10:13
what are the "smaller folders" tell me the names.

pdh1962
November 5th, 2007, 10:27
small folders are data, dic, font, kd, kn and vsh

sourced
November 5th, 2007, 10:34
oh. that means that when you connect your psp to the pc, your accessing flash0. are you on custom firmware? if you are, coldboot the psp and put it into recovery mode(turn off the psp completely by holding the power switch up for about 10 seconds until its completely off) then turn the psp on again while holding the R button. you should now be in recovery mode. choose "toggle usb" and everything should be fixed.

to exit recovery mode, just click exit.

pdh1962
November 5th, 2007, 10:44
just tried that but still the same

sourced
November 5th, 2007, 10:52
seriously? i guess your only hope is re-flashing. re-flash your cfw or go back to 1.50 and upgrade to a cfw again.

sorry mate.

pdh1962
November 5th, 2007, 11:49
Thanks for the advice. Will probably just do everything with the pro stick duo and card reader and not bother with re-flashing.
Thanks
Pete

Johnny Rash
November 5th, 2007, 17:44
Try this.

Coldboot your PSP and hold R to go to the recovery menu.

Go to Configuration

Then go down to XMB USB DEVICE

And set it to Memory Stick