PDA

View Full Version : HRD Maps

Cap'n 1time
November 6th, 2007, 05:07
Finally, I can submit to you guys my incomplete maps.

Note, the ones that say final arnt actually complete, I just named them that and was too lazy to rename them. I'm counting on you guys to texture the maps and add entities. Also if you make any improvements please credit yourselves.

This archive includes:
Lengthwise - inspired by Longest from Halo 1
Lock In - inspired by Lockout from Halo 2
Middle Ground - inspired by Midship from Halo 2
Thinned Out - inspired by Narrows from Halo 3
Warlock - inspired by Wizard from Halo 1 and 2... It sort of sucks and I might either remake it or just remove it all together.

Tell me what you think. If I have any updates, I'll post em here.

Some of these maps assume that the draw distance issues wont slow gameplay down I figure that if fog can be added to the game most of our distance issues will disappear. A few of these maps should allow for the player to die if he drops below a certain Z coordinate. I'll let you guys figure that out though. Enjoy!

Cap'n 1time
November 7th, 2007, 04:03
Lamentation - Inspired by Damnation from Halo 1.
UPDATED

Cap'n 1time
November 7th, 2007, 05:57
Slaughter House - Inspired by... nothing XD This will be fun with rockets I think. It needs Elevators in the corners opposite of the jumping platforms.

This is the last new map I will contribute. I will work with Roko on cleaning up the maps. I might either go into helping with the modeling or the texturing after that. Hope my contributions help!

weaselboy246
November 7th, 2007, 06:42
Here's my attempt at texturing Thinnedout. Personally, I hate the textures in Quake. ;)

Cap'n 1time
November 7th, 2007, 07:06
god we need high res lol

weaselboy246
November 7th, 2007, 07:16
Here's Lockin. I think i'll change textures. Too green imo.

weaselboy246
November 7th, 2007, 10:46
Slaughter House - Inspired by... nothing XD This will be fun with rockets I think. It needs Elevators in the corners opposite of the jumping platforms.

This is the last new map I will contribute. I will work with Roko on cleaning up the maps. I might either go into helping with the modeling or the texturing after that. Hope my contributions help!
WAY too big, player cannot jump that high

Also, in Lamentation. could you tell me where the teleports go to?

Cap'n 1time
November 7th, 2007, 16:48
WAY too big, player cannot jump that high

Also, in Lamentation. could you tell me where the teleports go to?

Please correct my maps as you see necessary.

I forget that you arnt that familiar with the Halo games.
The Teleporters are always door way like things.
Note the 2 on the far right side is up high on the platform, everything else is on the lower levels.

weaselboy246
November 7th, 2007, 18:09
Please correct my maps as you see necessary.

I forget that you arnt that familiar with the Halo games.
The Teleporters are always door way like things.
Note the 2 on the far right side is up high on the platform, everything else is on the lower levels.
figured that much, just wasn't sure about destination. I think the numbering helps XD

weaselboy246
November 7th, 2007, 18:39
Ok teleports added. BTW if a player fell to the area below the 3 things sticking out, how would player get out? lol

Cap'n 1time
November 7th, 2007, 23:06
Ok teleports added. BTW if a player fell to the area below the 3 things sticking out, how would player get out? lol

It should kill the player ;)

Cap'n 1time
November 7th, 2007, 23:10
upon playing around with texturing my own map i found several flaws in lockin. here is the new map file. Included is also my nasty ass wad file that i made just for shits and giggles. I recommend wally to anyone that wants to edit wad files.

PSPdemon
November 8th, 2007, 00:22
upon playing around with texturing my own map i found several flaws in lockin. here is the new map file. Included is also my nasty ass wad file that i made just for shits and giggles. I recommend wally to anyone that wants to edit wad files.

hey,

nice work on the maps :D

ill be workin on the hangemhigh clone :)

ill be takin it easy though for a while......but i got it starting to look good, once i get it finished, ill let let yall see it and have your idea on it :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

PSPdemon
November 14th, 2007, 00:58
hang em high like map.....

have no idea what went wrong....lol