PDA

View Full Version : MS confirms free Xbox Live

Shrygue
November 6th, 2007, 18:27
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=175082)

Microsoft has confirmed earlier reports of a free Xbox Live weekend later this month, 'Xtival 07' which is officially planned from November 23 to 26.

Over the Xtival weekend all Xbox 360 owners with a broadband connection will be able to access Gold account luxuries such as online play.

Additionally, a "full line-up" of Xbox Live events, competitions and exclusive downloads are promised for the weekend.

What's more, it's only open to European countries. No wining, swearing 13-year-old Americans then, hopefully.

"It's great to be able to offer Xbox 360 owners across the region the chance to take part in Xtival '07 for free, sampling all the great features of the Xbox Live Gold service and play against friends new and old alike from the comfort of their living room," said Chris Lewis, Microsoft's VP of E&DD.

Great news for cheapskates then. Perhaps MS might even learn a lesson or two and go PlayStation Network free. Well, we can dream...

Johnny Rash
November 6th, 2007, 18:36
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=175082)

What's more, it's only open to European countries. No wining, swearing 13-year-old Americans then, hopefully.

You know, I highly doubt this only pertains to Americans.

How rude.

mastersho
November 6th, 2007, 20:27
You know, I highly doubt this only pertains to Americans.

How rude.

Yeah both of you have a point there. I'd just said annoying swearing 13 year old bastar....I mean children and left it at that.

And once more, I just clicked the link in this post and it tried to download something to my PC....I'd check that out mates.

Johnny Rash
November 7th, 2007, 04:30
Seriously.

What? Am I the only one slightly offended?

pibs
November 7th, 2007, 04:49
Yea thats pretty messed up wtf why exactly do they have to be "american" I have seen a lot of snotty punks on live who are from other countries.

Johnny Rash
November 7th, 2007, 05:04
You know, I had an argument planned for this topic.

But I'll just drop it.
But honestly, that is rude.

Whatever...

EDIT:
By the way, "whining" is spelled wrong in the post.