PDA

View Full Version : Need for Speed to be Christmas number 1?

Shrygue
November 6th, 2007, 18:45
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=30310)

This year's UK Christmas videogames chart is set to be spearheaded by EA, Microsoft and Konami titles, if the odds on Paddy Power are accurate.

It places the latest Need for Speed title - ProStreet - as the favourite to claim the top spot on evens, with FIFA 08 at 2-1, Halo 3 at 6-1 and Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 at 10-1.

Other prominent titles include The Simpsons Game, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Super Mario Galaxy and Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock.

While most people are unlikely to bet against those games hitting the Christmas number one spot, there are a few games that might raise an eyebrow.

Manhunt 2 is listed as 25-1, despite the game being effectively banned by the BBFC in the UK, although an appeal is pending.

Additionally the main contenders are dominated by titles that will appeal to the traditional gaming market, including Super Mario Galaxy, despite many predictions that the Wii will continue to be the market-leading console for some time yet.

At the other end of the betting list, the longest odds available are for Balloon Pop, which weighs in at a hefty 250-1.

sukhi-2006
November 8th, 2007, 18:51
its not very hard to find out which consoles be N0.1 for portable gaming it is Nintendo ds lite the psp won't get the chance loser and the second console will be Nintendo wii which is already selling really well the ps3 and 360 i'm afraid you will have to lose.
The best games for 2007 should be super mario galaxy mario is one of the video game character in the world the game looks amazing plays like a dream i dislike game like halo 3 which is a fps and need for speed games are one of the most awful racing game ever i hate them i'm sure this will change the best game has to be a nintendo nothing beats super mario galaxy or metroid prime 3 corruption these games play totally different to any game which have been predicted for N0.1 game for 2007
if Nintendo doesn't make it to the top this year it must be the disappointing year for games.