PDA

View Full Version : Custom Firmware 3.72-HX Released!

wraggster
November 6th, 2007, 23:28
Via PSP Hacks (http://www.psp-hacks.com/2007/11/06/custom-firmware-372-hx-released/)

A new custom firmware for Fat/Slim PSPs! Based on the original developments by Dark_AleX & Team M33 has been released, the coder is _HellDashX (http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_Custom-Firmware-3-72--leer-readme_881130)_’s and called 3.72 HX.

Judging by Google’s poor translation of Spanish to English, there isn’t much new… Other than the fact it uses Sony’s latest 3.72 kernel. If you decide to upgrade, it’s likely some 3rd party PRX modules may stop working. Also, you’ll lose 1.50 kernel capabilities until a new patch is released.

Installation:

Download the update package below;
Download the 3.72 firmware update EBOOT;
Rename EBOOT.PBP from the 3.72 update to 372.PBP;
Copy 372.PBP, EBOOT.PBP (from the 3.72 HX package), and umodule.prx to PSP/GAME/UPDATE on your memory stick;
Launch the updater from the XMB;
Follow the on-screen instructions.
Perhaps someone will provide a properly translated version of the readme, soon…

Download:
Custom Firmware 3.72 HX - Via Comments
3.72 FW Update EBOOT - from Sony

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

rajabaja
November 6th, 2007, 23:43
Spanish to English translation
Original text - http://www.elotrolado.net/post_Custom-Firmware-3-72–leer-readme_1709693177#post1709693177

Before anything, Dark_Alex deserves enormous appreciation.
Thanks to him for learning a great deal about reverse engineering.
After analyzing all the code of 3.71 CF m33-2 (We can demonstrate for those that have doubts.),
and after knowing Dark_Alex did not plan on releasing a 3.72 CF. I decided to adapt 3.71 m33-2 to 3.72.
There were barely any changes to this firmware (5 different addresses to patch by vshctrl.prx in some modules of vsh, and some other things.), so the only thing was adapt the code of 3.71 to this.

The updater I use for this process is the same one DAX made for 3.71 (also I reversed the whole thing, all the components, so all the code of the updater is mine taken by reverse and tested in my fat and slim).
It does not include 1.50 compatibility, there should be no problem installing it, the DAX program only works with 3.71 because it checks the firmware version (confirmed, if anybody has doubts this is fw 3.72 you can run the DAX 1.50 installer and see that it won’t run)
I am reversing it, (I am almost have it complete), if I reverse and have time I will make a patch for this.
INSTALLATION
Put the eboot and umodule.prx in the folder PSP/GAME/UPDATE, paste the official 3.72 eboot named 372.PBP in this folder and launch the program.
Sony’s code will run installing firmware 3.72, and when asked press X to restart IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO PRESS X, DO NOT TURN OFF THE PSP MANUALLY! Explanation, in the moment you press X the umodule.prx will do its job installing the files of CF in the flash, and then the system will restart.
If you don’t press X, you will brick for sure(explanation, Sony updater will only flash the IPL to 99%, but the modified updater also installs an IPL custom block, which in the start try to load x files if they are not there will produce a brick).
Tested on a PSP fat 3.71 m33-1 and 3.71 m33-2 and also in a Slim with the same CF.
Thanks to DAX for the original code (and the fun I had with it) and Coolj for testing my update code and the fixes in 3.71 m33-2 for the 3.72.
_HellDashX_
PS. Like always all flashes have their risks, so DO UNDER YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY

wolfpack
November 7th, 2007, 00:01
wow, when one legend goes down, another arises

nice work

`The0n3
November 7th, 2007, 00:06
Well either this guy is the next dax or he is dax. Im not gonna even try guessing this time I learned my lesson with team M33.

Nikolaos
November 7th, 2007, 00:29
I do not reccomend upgrading to this.

Buddy4point0
November 7th, 2007, 00:34
yeathanks. but ima stick with 3.71 m33 for now

gamefreak199101
November 7th, 2007, 00:42
yea i hope dark_alex comes out with 3.72m33 soon

YourBandSucks
November 7th, 2007, 00:43
Well i do like to display support for developers and stuff, but im a little shaky when it comes to cfws or anything that involves my flash0 in any way. If i see positive responses from others, and good support, and not many bugs with it, i shall really consider in upgrading

camcorderdoctor
November 7th, 2007, 00:52
Dark Alex already said he's not giving us anymore custom firmwares so don't anyone get there hopes up about it yet. If he does then we will all have to consider ourselves lucky. I think that whoever put this out may or may not possibly have ties to DAX in some fashion otherwise it wouldn't be here. Use it with extreme caution and remember no 1.50 kernel implementations yet either. At the same time I am glad to see someone is working on it.

Bobtentpeg
November 7th, 2007, 00:54
you realize all he had to do to make this 3.72 was make it hex the vshctrl to make it read 3.72 HX-1

the 371 and 372 kernels and the same, and after testing this, the 2 new features for 372 are not present and the internal POPs loader doesnt work, even ith games boght from the PS3 network. And no plugins and many of the recovery mode settings do not work

Ryupowerup
November 7th, 2007, 01:04
http://forums.max_console.net/showpost.php?p=752862&postcount=63

No, it is not me.

I will release tomorrow or the next day 3.71 M33-3 along with new popsloader.

3.72 is almost identic to 3.71, no point for a full reflash for that. There aren't justificable reasons for an update, and the most important one, the changes of pops, will be in popsloader.
3.72 HX-1 IS NOT MADE BY DAX

:) New popsloader!!! :)

Vampy
November 7th, 2007, 01:06
internal POPs loader doesnt work

Bleeeeugh. I was hoping this one would fix the screen brightness problems in PSX games from 3.71M33.

Cloudhunter
November 7th, 2007, 01:07
you realize all he had to do to make this 3.72 was make it hex the vshctrl to make it read 3.72 HX-1

No, not quite true. He had to hex it to change alot of the addresses - this is actually based on the 3.72 kernel, but as the kernel hasn't changed from 3.71 to 3.72, it's not hard.

the 371 and 372 kernels and the same, and after testing this, the 2 new features for 372 are not present and the internal POPs loader doesnt work, even ith games boght from the PS3 network. And no plugins and many of the recovery mode settings do not work

Yeah, it's what you get for it being a hack job.

Wait for 3.71 M33-3 if I was you ;)

Cloudy

Donxlord
November 7th, 2007, 01:10
I do not reccomend upgrading to this.

Pls am a newbie and I don't understand all these talk 'bout pandora battery and all. I just wanna upgrade my new psp slim to with OFW 3.60 to CFW 3.71 M33-2.
How do I do that in a very simple way?

Bobtentpeg
November 7th, 2007, 01:23
Pls am a newbie and I don't understand all these talk 'bout pandora battery and all. I just wanna upgrade my new psp slim to with OFW 3.60 to CFW 3.71 M33-2.
How do I do that in a very simple way?

check out my guides in the tutorial section :thumbup: (http://www.sendspace.com/file/zma34x)

and @cloudy

can you confirm it is indeed 3.71 kernel, b/c as far as i can tell its 3.71, but less stable

and I know abou m33-3, i read DAXs post right after he made it :D

mike03$$$
November 7th, 2007, 01:25
imma wait till 1.50 kernal its my almost 2 year anniversary with psp homebrew and i like to see new coders that are harmless to the scene

Cloudhunter
November 7th, 2007, 01:50
check out my guides in the tutorial section :thumbup: (http://www.sendspace.com/file/zma34x)

and @cloudy

can you confirm it is indeed 3.71 kernel, b/c as far as i can tell its 3.71, but less stable

and I know abou m33-3, i read DAXs post right after he made it :D

Definitely 3.72 kernel. You can't get a 3.71 firmware form a 3.72 update, can you? :)

You're right though, this is just a hex edit - but just hex editing the locations to patch.

Cloudy

Veskgar
November 7th, 2007, 02:08
I'm very excited to see that Dark_AleX intends to release ANOTHER update with a new popsloader as well.

If it can use the 3.72 POPS as well, that would be killer.

Thanks Dark_AleX!

Cloudhunter
November 7th, 2007, 02:10
I'm very excited to see that Dark_AleX intends to release ANOTHER update with a new popsloader as well.

If it can use the 3.72 POPS as well, that would be killer.

Thanks Dark_AleX!

It can as far as I know :)

Cloudy

CaptainMorgan4
November 7th, 2007, 02:18
3.71 M33-3 sounds good hope it holds up to be true.

DPyro
November 7th, 2007, 02:21
Hey, has compatibility with FF7 improved since 3.40?

mike_jmg
November 7th, 2007, 02:29
Are you sure you're this is not Dax again making another scam?

Anyway, long live custom firmware, it is great that someone is keeping the scene up to date yeah!, thank you HellDashX keep up the good work

edit: bleeegh!!, i hadn't seen all the posts haha, so Dax is releasing 3.71M33-3, maybe is time for a change, well until the 1.50 kernel patch is released

Anyway is an improvement that someone can use the old updater to make a new cfw at least for a while, if Dax is going to leave us for good, hope he doesn't

Cloudhunter
November 7th, 2007, 02:35
3.71 M33-3 sounds good hope it holds up to be true.

Have you ever known Dark_AleX to lie about his releases? :)

Not sure, but popsloader will allow you to use them all :)

Are you sure you're this is not Dax again making another scam?

Quite sure. Why would he release a damaged/hex edited version of 3.71 M33 as 3.72 HX?

I personally dislike this release, as it spreads false hope.

Cloudy

mike_jmg
November 7th, 2007, 02:46

I think it worked flawlessly since 3.52 M33

mike_jmg
November 7th, 2007, 02:50
Quite sure. Why would he release a damaged/hex edited version of 3.71 M33 as 3.72 HX?

I personally dislike this release, as it spreads false hope.

Cloudy
So it has 3.71 kernel, no 3.72
But it needs 3.72 update :confused:, doesn't it

DarthPaul
November 7th, 2007, 03:00
http://forums.max_console.net/showpost.php?p=752862&postcount=63

3.72 HX-1 IS NOT MADE BY DAX

:) New popsloader!!! :)

Great news!!! M33 FTW?

Cloudhunter
November 7th, 2007, 03:07
So it has 3.71 kernel, no 3.72
But it needs 3.72 update :confused:, doesn't it

No, it has 3.72 kernel, but the firmware is hexed to patch the right locations in 3.72 firmware instead of 3.71 - not too much work, as they are practically the same.

Cloudy

osgeld
November 7th, 2007, 03:29
good work, altho not 100% ready for primetime im glad someone else is actually trying

and to all the DAX IS GOD peeps

yea ok we know, im sure the author of this firmware is getting the super inspiration that they need by all of you acting like theres noone else that can possibly write a cfw

and i think its that attitude that keeps others from bothering, i wouldn't if i knew how, i wouldn't feel like getting dumped on just cause im not dax

so when he actually does leave, and theres noone out there to keep up the cfw's, dont go crying around me

DPyro
November 7th, 2007, 04:19
Oh sweetness, FF7 disc 2 does work now :D

mike03$$$
November 7th, 2007, 04:23
oh well since its a sloppy cfw imma wait for DAX or when this guy gets used to making cfw's i really want remote start for my ps3 BTW keep up the cfw work HX, hope you make a big change on Cfw

whiterabbitwww
November 7th, 2007, 07:39
I have never cracked my PSP or run downloaded games or anything. It says here to "launch the program" once I download the files and put them in their appropriate folder. What program are they talking about? Thanks.

urherenow
November 7th, 2007, 07:41
he would do it because nobody would ever assume it was him if it was released with such serious bugs and considering it happened with m33...

_HellDashX_
HELLoDA X

interresting :P

MassaM
November 7th, 2007, 12:42
I would prefer to wait till the 1.50 kernel patch appers.

Mr. Shizzy
November 7th, 2007, 13:53
Glad to see we have other options beyond M33.
(Although with DAX's announcement of 3.71 M33-3, I wouldn't go with HX cfw just yet)

And actually, I'm still on 3.52 M33 :p

Mashphealh
November 7th, 2007, 13:56
If HellDashX or Dark_AleX don't do the kernel 1.50 for HellDash's custom firmware , I'll do it.

Cheers ;)

Narcotize
November 7th, 2007, 14:36
I think it worked flawlessly since 3.52 M33

Not for me. I started from the beginning on all the M33 ones and after each fight, the graphics go all garbled on the main screen.....

camcorderdoctor
November 7th, 2007, 14:54
I suggest everyone wait for a while on this one.
HelldashX may very well be DAX but no one knows - BTW has anyone noticed that both DAX and Helldashx post on the same web sight (elotrolodo.net) also curious - there almost has to be some ties to DAX in a fashion. Just BE CAREFUL ALL!!!

And also Narcotize - you either have a bad image of the game or your install of custom firmware is corrupted some how - I'm betting you have a bad image though, you can also try disabling plugins in recovery menu - FF7 does work flawlessly!

Cloudhunter
November 7th, 2007, 17:52
I suggest everyone wait for a while on this one.
HelldashX may very well be DAX but no one knows - BTW has anyone noticed that both DAX and Helldashx post on the same web sight (elotrolodo.net) also curious - there almost has to be some ties to DAX in a fashion. Just BE CAREFUL ALL!!!

One more time, HellDashX is not Dark_AleX! Dark_AleX is in fact releasing a new update to M33 today!

Look at this post on exophase.com comments...

according to Mathieulh and Alex he only changed some numbers.Take a look to eboot, its the same as 3.71.

E.G. - he hex edited the offset's of what he needed to patch.

I don't know of any post where this was stated, but I can confirm its validity.

I also believe that it would be safer to wait for M33-3 by Alex instead of using this half-working, hack job.

Please note this is entirely my opinion and not an official statement apart from the confirmation of the validity of Mathieulh's statement.

I also share that opinion ;) You won't have long to wait to use Alex's update :)

Cloudy

DarthPaul
November 7th, 2007, 23:33

Here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78814) you go. This is a method I found to make 1.50 Kernel to run on 3.72 HX. Hope this helps you.

sourced
November 8th, 2007, 10:10
Dark Alex already said he's not giving us anymore custom firmwares so don't anyone get there hopes up about it yet. If he does then we will all have to consider ourselves lucky. I think that whoever put this out may or may not possibly have ties to DAX in some fashion otherwise it wouldn't be here. Use it with extreme caution and remember no 1.50 kernel implementations yet either. At the same time I am glad to see someone is working on it.
DAX said this before...so lets wait and see.

Sonicboy 101
November 8th, 2007, 15:07
Thanks, but no thanks. I'll just stay on 3.52 M33.

Shrygue
November 8th, 2007, 20:26
What the...someone came up with 3.72 custom firmware? God, how the hell did I miss this news?

I might download this for a test drive, see how well it works...

janetlover
November 8th, 2007, 22:58
can you help me getting my psp slim & lite to m33 please

Shrygue
November 8th, 2007, 23:55
Ask that in the discussion forums (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=199).

Cloudhunter
November 9th, 2007, 03:55
What the...someone came up with 3.72 custom firmware? God, how the hell did I miss this news?

I might download this for a test drive, see how well it works...

It's exactly the same as 3.71 M33 as it's just hex edited to patch different offsets in the VSH.

It's not worth it.

Cloudy

jhervias
November 10th, 2007, 08:04
What additional features that added in 3.72 version? i'm hoping for response. . . . . tanx's

tanukikun
November 12th, 2007, 03:23
What additional features that added in 3.72 version? i'm hoping for response. . . . . tanx's

The biggest feature that I've seen most ppl w/ PS3's interested in is the Remote play feature that can turn your PS3 on remotely. If you have video on your PS3, it will kinda work like LocationFree, streaming your vids anywhere you have Wi-fi...

Pimp13
November 13th, 2007, 19:44
Dcemu got hacked!!!!!!!

jhervias
November 16th, 2007, 11:17
Pls. help me my problem is during upgrading from 3.71 M33 to 3.72 HX-1. The installation could not continue " The message is memory stick could not be read, check if properly not inserted ( 80020321). it would install. Pls. Help me........:o

asdasdaasd
November 18th, 2007, 15:46
It says memory stick could not be read make sure it is properly inserted... etc etc and the code is 80010005 and if you press x, it is then 80020321... somebody help! :confused: