PDA

View Full Version : Official Word On Target Manhunt 2 Ban

Shrygue
November 7th, 2007, 19:48
via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/censorship/official-word-on-target-manhunt-2-ban-319978.php)

A couple of days ago the rumors started popping up: Target was pulling Manhunt 2 from store shelves across the country. Now GameSpot (must not type GameStop) has the official word from the company on the reasoning behind the ban.

"Target strives to provide merchandise that will appeal to a wide variety of guests. We also want guests to be comfortable with the purchasing decisions they make at Target. All video games and computer software sold at Target currently carry ratings by the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB)--from early childhood through mature audiences. While Manhunt 2 was given a Mature rating by the ERSB, we received additional information that players can potentially view previously filtered content by altering the game code. As a result, we have decided not to carry the game."

Note that I am no longer finding the game on Target's web site either, but they do still sell the guide in case you suck that badly.

Tonx_9
November 7th, 2007, 21:43
omfg i wish people whould just cut this shit out! its a game for crying out loud. graphics and gore are only gonna get better in the future. you gonna ban them too? this is freaking stupid. is it really that bad if you cut out a few flashes and blurred cutscenes?

NeoXCS
November 7th, 2007, 22:53
That's pretty stupid reasoning. I mean, altering game code isn't something every 12 year old would even take the time to think about. (Even though it's codebreaker codes and a patch :p) Most of which wouldn't get the game if target is a place that requires ID. I think it's a pointless precaution. Good publicity for those that love a good gorefest. All the more reason to get it for them. ;)

Tonx_9
November 8th, 2007, 02:11
I mean, altering game code isn't something every 12 year old would even take the time to think about.

Exactly!

osgeld
November 8th, 2007, 07:27
i noticed saw III unrated was on sale at my local store

jamotto
November 8th, 2007, 22:57
Not surprised by this at all, the game was destined to be a bargain bin game anyways at Target.

The King
November 10th, 2007, 00:55
wow how much more is this game going to take wat is wrong with people these days its like they think that everybody is stopid enoufe to actualy execute those moves that are in the game