PDA

View Full Version : .BIN to MP4 help please

JIMMYJOE
July 16th, 2005, 00:04
anyone know how to get a .bin movie to MP4 format?

CannedSoup
July 16th, 2005, 00:28
.bin movie O_o
Bin is normally for bin/cue
Which is a cd image.
First you'd mount the image with something like daemon tools.
Then you'd remove the Dat files off the disk if tis a vcd type which is normally all bin/cues are uses for.
The run the .dat in virtual dub mpeg version
Convert it to a avi.
Then use your favorite psp video encoder to encode the avi to a mp4.

JIMMYJOE
July 16th, 2005, 00:40
thanks yeah it is bin/cue for a VCD... I'm gonna try what you said because i was only able to get as far as making an ISO file and i really have no idea what im doing or where i was going with that...thanks

CannedSoup
July 16th, 2005, 00:59
well if its already burned to the pc look around the folders and find the folder thats has the date files in it. You dont need to mount iso if the cds already burnt.

JIMMYJOE
July 16th, 2005, 01:31
the movie is playing from the .dat file in virtual dub, but i can't quite figure out how to convert it to avi...its playing on two screens though so i think it might be already converting it?? but i never had to select a destinTION for the avi file or anythign...any suggestions?

CannedSoup
July 16th, 2005, 01:45
hehe

Go to video
Then compression. Use Divx. Set the bit rate to 1200.
Go to file then save then save your avi.

JIMMYJOE
July 16th, 2005, 02:25
hmm ok cool...should i abort whatever process its doing right now? thanks again for all your help cannedsoup

CannedSoup
July 16th, 2005, 02:56
The process its doing it converting the dat(mpeg1video) to a avi. Just let it finsh out and in your folder you should have your movie in avi format.

JIMMYJOE
July 16th, 2005, 03:04
thanks for all the help...arkanoid is pretty cool too with the 90 degree rotation :p