PDA

View Full Version : The PSP's Comeback Trail

wraggster
November 7th, 2007, 23:21
Next Generation has up a feature on the rising fortunes of Sony's PSP. Overlooked for quite some time now as the DS dominates the headlines, the article argues that the handheld console still has a lot to offer ... and people are starting to notice.

"Sony has always commanded strong third-party support for its systems since the success of the original PlayStation, and [senior PSP marketing manager John Koller] believes that PSP developers are similarly finding ways to get creative and present fun titles. 'Upcoming launches such as God of War: Chains of Olympus from a first-party perspective, and Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron from LucasArts, are certainly good examples of fantastic franchises made unique on the PSP,' he says. 'It's clear that consumers do not want the same game on their PSP that they play on console.'"

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/11/07/1820238

Veskgar
November 7th, 2007, 23:44
'It's clear that consumers do not want the same game on their PSP that they play on console.'

Just now realizing that huh? :rofl:

Its clear that with all of the exceptional, original, and exclusive PSP games released lately, that the PSP is quite a little powerhouse for a handheld. I just hope the trend continues and more developers follow along this path.

And the Slim & Lite design was obviously a wise move by SONY as sales have skyrocketed since its worldwide release.

Its always great to read about the future getting brighter for the PSP. And with this great homebrew scene of ours, nothing tops the little shiny wonder.

Its been very close to two months now since I've had my Slim & Lite PSP and I'll still sometimes just stare at it in appreciation for all it can do (mostly thanks to homebrew & CFW) and what a great piece of technology it is.

yoshinatsu
November 8th, 2007, 00:32
Don't forget Silent Hill Origins :p

Shadowblind
November 8th, 2007, 00:54
Lets face it; theres 3 parts constituting the PSPs comeback altogether:

1) Pandoras Battery (homebrew too)
2) God of War
3) FFVII

Not much else is in the way of the system actually being good.

Mr Corky
November 8th, 2007, 03:11
Whatever happen to Oblivian, i heard that was comming to the PSP like ages ago.