PDA

View Full Version : Yawn in need of GOOD, WORKING video converter for .mkv files

Tetris999
November 8th, 2007, 00:51
Hey guys, so im trying to transcode a .mkv file to a playable format on my psp

anyway, mkv files are videos that have numerous subitles and audio tracks for each file (like you can have the same video with english and spanish subtitles for instance)

anyway the video files play with the language that i dont prefer, this is easy to change though if you watch it on your computer with vlc media player, because u just choose the stream intended for someone like you

encoding is diffrent, and that why i need massive help

i have yet found some type of converter software that will convert .mkv files and also let me change the audio stream within them

PEOPLE I NEED SOME HELP BIG TIME

DarthPaul
November 8th, 2007, 04:55
I think Kingdia (http://www.kingdia.com/video_converter.htm) is the software for you. You can try AlltoAvi (http://alltoavi.sourceforge.net/) as well. And good luck with that. :)

quzar
November 8th, 2007, 05:52
Hey guys, so im trying to transcode a .mkv file to a playable format on my psp

anyway, mkv files are videos that have numerous subitles and audio tracks for each file (like you can have the same video with english and spanish subtitles for instance)

anyway the video files play with the language that i dont prefer, this is easy to change though if you watch it on your computer with vlc media player, because u just choose the stream intended for someone like you

encoding is diffrent, and that why i need massive help

i have yet found some type of converter software that will convert .mkv files and also let me change the audio stream within them

PEOPLE I NEED SOME HELP BIG TIME

mkv is just a container format. It holds video, audio and data streams. AVI is also a container format, except it sucks, as it can only hold one video stream and one audio stream. Odds are you don't want to use either of those programs, as they will do a LOT of stuff you don't need. I don't know what software is needed, but it should be a process of minutes, because all it has to do is build a new container around the video and audio, it doesn't have to do much real processing.

Axelius
November 9th, 2007, 13:57
Hmm, I don't know, perhaps VirtualDubMod can do the job. At least I know that it can process various streams in avi files (like it can add or remove certain audio and subtitle streams) but I don't know if it works with mkv files...

EDIT: just had a look: In the dialogue where you choose the file you want to open it says "Matroska File (*.mkv)" so it should be able to handle these files...

acn010
November 9th, 2007, 15:59
leave it like that... maintains the original settings... buy a portable harddrive like me to save all your anime in it

Tetris999
November 10th, 2007, 20:52
i used xvid for psp ver 5 and it worked yay

god damned 64 bit operating system is garbage nothing works with it!!!

and you want to know why i got a 64 bit? just to use the gamecube emulator dolphin lol :p

anyway, you can close the thread i found my answer

Shrygue
November 11th, 2007, 16:24
...and so it shall be.