PDA

View Full Version : 3.71 M33-3 + PopsLoader Released

DarthPaul
November 8th, 2007, 15:06
Dark_AleX updated his 3.71 Custom Firmware to revision 3 as mentioned a couple of days ago. And released the PopsLoader as well.

Changes in Custom Firmware:

- Fixed a bug in access to flash by usb.

- HEN core: kernel prx's with syscall exports work again.

- PSP Slim: programmers can set the size of user memory to 52 MB by using a sfo flag.
~Check sample in sdk for usage.~

- March33 NO-UMD driver:
* Fixed a bug that could hang the psp when exiting with home.
* Fixed compatibility issue with Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, and maybe more games.

- Vshmenu: it wasn't displaying properly with PSP slim TV-OUT due to the change of resolution. Fixed.

Changes in PopsLoader:

- Support for 3.71 and 3.72 pops has been added. Note that 3.71 however will not appear in the
list in 3.71 M33 as it is not necessary.

List of files needed for each version:

3.00-3.03: kd/popsman.prx, kd/meaudio.prx, kd/pops.prx, vsh/module/pafmini.prx
3.10-3.30: kd/popsman.prx, kd/pops.prx, vsh/module/pafmini.prx
3.40-3.72: kd/popsman.prx, kd/pops.prx, vsh/module/pafmini.prx, vsh/module/libpspvmc.prx

The files must be decrypted. (use square in psardumper). Support for encrypted&packed files is planned
for the future.

Download: PBP Unpacker (http://www.pdc.me.uk/dl/pbp-unpacker-094-setup.exe)
Download: PSAR Dumper (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=74006)

That's it, Enjoy!

Download and Discuss Via Comments

Sonicboy 101
November 8th, 2007, 15:08
Awesome! Maybe I'll go back to 3.71 again.
Maybe.
EDIT: One question.
How do I get the POPS files? I don't have a clue how.
Thanks

DarthPaul
November 8th, 2007, 15:37
Awesome! Maybe I'll go back to 3.71 again.
Maybe.
EDIT: One question.
How do I get the POPS files? I don't have a clue how.
Thanks

You need to download this (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=74006) application from Dark_AleX's site. Extract the PSAR from each firmware Eboot with this (http://www.pdc.me.uk/dl/pbp-unpacker-094-setup.exe) one, and then put the PSAR extracted in your PSP and PSAR Dumper will make a dump of all the files of the firmware. Hope that helps.

Edit: I edited the first post with the links to the applications needed.

mikebeaver
November 8th, 2007, 15:40
lol, I installed this on my Slim this morning and new there was something I had forgot to do......post that it was out at DCEMU, whoops :)

Mike..

CaptainMorgan4
November 8th, 2007, 16:05
I'll check this out, I'm hopping in the shower now though so yeah, thanks DA.

dazman
November 8th, 2007, 16:45
The DAX appears out of the Dark shadows and into the light once again.

Many thanks for all your efforts past and present.

Sonicboy 101
November 8th, 2007, 16:49
Holy shit. I enabled POPSloader in recovery and it wouldn't go to the XMB. I thought I bricked.
Can it be the PRX's (some I used from my old POPSloader) or is it the POPS altogether?

Accordion
November 8th, 2007, 17:12
anyone know how to get PS3 remote start to work on PSP custom firmware, i am currently on 3.71m33, but i get a message that i need to update. Is the other 3.72 custom firmware safe/real.

DarthPaul
November 8th, 2007, 17:22
anyone know how to get PS3 remote start to work on PSP custom firmware, i am currently on 3.71m33, but i get a message that i need to update. Is the other 3.72 custom firmware safe/real.

That is supposed to be for 3.72 Firmware.

But you can take the files premo_plugin.prx and premo_plugin.rco off a 3.72 Firmware and flash them into your 3.71 Firmware and you'll have that feature in your 3.71. ;)

Mr. Shizzy
November 8th, 2007, 17:38

Steampirate posted step by step instructions on another forum:

Download ofw 3.72
Download M33_NEWPSARDUMPER
Extract data.psar from 3.72 eboot with PBP Unpacker(not sure if this was necessary or not)
Open USB Connection and put 3.72 eboot and data.psar in root of mem stick
Put PSARDUMPER in Game
Run Psardumper
Press Square
After it's done dumping, open USB Connection and copy premo_plugin.prx (f0\vsh\module) and premo_plugin.rco (f0\vsh\resource) and paste them somewhere for safe keeping
You can delete f0 now
Open recovery menu on PSP (right bumper and turn on with PSP still connected to PC)
Go to advanced
Select Toggle USB (flash0)
A new window should pop up on your PC
Make sure you have hidden files and system files viewable
Replace premo_plugin.prx (vsh\module) and premo_plugin.rco (vsh\resource) with the ones you copied
Select Toggle USB (flash0) to disable
Restart PSP

mike_jmg
November 8th, 2007, 17:43
Maybe I'll get back to 3.71 again

mike_jmg
November 8th, 2007, 18:22
question.

Can I use the 150kernel addon 2 with this, cause it says is independent from any version even future ones like 3.71m33-3?

Also, the readme doesn't said it but, Do I need to put 150.PBP on the Ms root as in the past 150kernel addon?

DarthPaul
November 8th, 2007, 19:14
Mike_jmg is you have 3.71 m33-2 with the kernel add-on already installed there's no need to install it again. It will work just fine.

jvabbdac
November 8th, 2007, 19:35
I have 3.52 M33... If i install this new FW i need install the 1.5 addon too ? Or this update already have this addon built in ?

DarthPaul
November 8th, 2007, 19:58
Yes jvabbdac, you have to install the add-on in that situation.

Shrygue
November 8th, 2007, 20:18
What's this, another update for 3.71cfw? It's been a while since this got one. Time to go off and update my PSP units....

acn010
November 8th, 2007, 20:20
i need an already made so please can i have an already made??? im lazy XP

urherenow
November 8th, 2007, 20:26
which version of pops will run tombraider 2?

nukester
November 8th, 2007, 20:44
here is all the popsloader files from 3.00 - 3.72
http://rapidshare.com/files/68371410/popsloader.rar

Sonicboy 101
November 8th, 2007, 20:56
Ok, I take the POPS thing back. Looks like something was wrong with my PRX's, I dumped again and it worked.
And, 3.03 POPS actually works! WOOOOO!
Excellent release, I'm actually glad I updated. :)

The_It
November 8th, 2007, 21:07
configuration in the recovery menue will not open... everything else will. Also, it crashes whenever i go into sleep mode. Anyone know how to fix these?

DarthPaul
November 8th, 2007, 21:28
here is all the popsloader files from 3.00 - 3.72
http://rapidshare.com/files/68371410/popsloader.rar

You did know that these files are copyrighted and it's not legal to share them, didn't you?
I downloaded them anyways. Thanks! lol

Stone Temple Pilots
November 8th, 2007, 22:02
does this mean Brave Fencer Musashi will start working on 3.71 M33?

Nasty Nate
November 8th, 2007, 22:17
none of my umd games work with this

janetlover
November 8th, 2007, 22:28
man when ever i start the 3.71m33 upgrader on mij slim it starts en later 'the game could not be started(80020148) can any one HELp :S

Saracchini
November 8th, 2007, 22:45
man when ever i start the 3.71m33 upgrader on mij slim it starts en later 'the game could not be started(80020148) can any one HELp :S

If you are using Sony official firmware the installer will not run. In this case you must downgrade your Slim PSP with Pandora.

Zin0099
November 8th, 2007, 22:49
can i update from 3.52m33-4 to 3.71m33-3? and i have a hard time with psardumper and dumping data.psar for anything what do you do do i have to set my kernel to 3.52 where do i put data.psar (X:\)before the psp folder or in the psp folder?

Stone Temple Pilots
November 8th, 2007, 22:55
how do I enable Popsloader in Recovery? It doesn't even appear as a selection in it. I put all the .prx files in the popsloader folder and I put the popsloader folder into my seplugins folder along with popsloader.prx. Is it supposed to appear in the Plugins section of my Recovery? Can someone post step by step instructions for the popsloader?

beardude
November 8th, 2007, 23:18
how do I enable Popsloader in Recovery? It doesn't even appear as a selection in it. I put all the .prx files in the popsloader folder and I put the popsloader folder into my seplugins folder along with popsloader.prx. Is it supposed to appear in the Plugins section of my Recovery? Can someone post step by step instructions for the popsloader?

I've got the same prob here.

DPyro
November 8th, 2007, 23:28
Ok...remote play doesn't work with PS3 2.00 firmware

EDIT: Nevermind, just need to flash the new 3.72 versions of vsh/module/premo_plugin.prx and vsh/resource/premo_plugin.rco to your 3.71 M33 flash0

CaptainMorgan4
November 9th, 2007, 00:01
Yo guys it looks like it's alot of clowns are having trouble with this, from someone I know please should I upgrade to this from 3.71 M33-2?

edit: Okay I upgraded but I'm still working out the issues with POPstation, I'm not getting it to show up in recovery menu, any help would, well...help.

urherenow
November 9th, 2007, 01:11
popsloader.prx has to be added to pops.txt (or is it vsh.txt? you test it out...) just like any other plugin for it to show up in the recovery menu.

Apoklepz
November 9th, 2007, 01:32
Great, I'll have to update this weekend...seeing as my Simpsons UMD doesn't work on my beloved 3.40 LE PSP....And I was growing so attached to it already.

I have two questions:

- Do custom themes made with the Sony Theme Maker application work with this custom firmware?

- Does Final Fantasy VIII play ALL the way through with versions of Pops higher than 3.40 firmware?

Thanks again Dark_Alex!!!

CaptainMorgan4
November 9th, 2007, 02:50
I know how to get it to show up on the recovery menu, I'm not new here come on, anyway yeah I just had an extraction issue I'm good now.

Veskgar
November 9th, 2007, 04:48
Excellent update! Just upgraded my Slim & Lite PSP. Dark_AleX really delivered. The new memory allocation for developers of the Slim & Lite and popsloader are really incredible improvements.

Thanks Dark_AleX!

DarthPaul
November 9th, 2007, 05:47
I have two questions:

- Do custom themes made with the Sony Theme Maker application work with this custom firmware?

Yes.

- Does Final Fantasy VIII play ALL the way through with versions of Pops higher than 3.40 firmware?

Yes.

mike_jmg
November 9th, 2007, 06:12
ok now I'm up to 3.71m33-2 with 1.5 kernel addon 2, I'll try update 3 a little later

urherenow
November 9th, 2007, 06:18
works great! Now I can finally play TR2 (needs pops 3.03 apparantly...)

CaptainMorgan4
November 9th, 2007, 06:31
Guys I used the file that was in the previous pages, the rapidshare one as my popsloader folder in my SEPlugins. It's enabled under the recovery but I can't get it to pop up during PSX boot, I tried the holding R. I thought since installing it, it would ask me after starting the PSX game but I get nothing.

Veskgar
November 9th, 2007, 06:32
I'm wish for the day when Chrono Cross will be fully playable. I think there are still issues and of course not being able to save between discs is an inconvenience.

Nice to see Final Fantasy VII & VIII are fully playable. I think Final Fantasy 9 is as well. I really like FF9's Medieval/Fantasy style as opposed to futuristic or modern.

It was Dark_AleX's Christmas gift last year that got me to finally upgrade to a custom firmware after being strictly 1.50 for the longest time. That was mainly due to the POPS support. Its nice to see that almost a year later we are still lucky enough to have Dark_AleX contribute his brilliant work to the scene.

Guys I used the file that was in the previous pages, the rapidshare one as my popsloader folder in my SEPlugins. It's enabled under the recovery but I can't get it to pop up during PSX boot, I tried the holding R. I thought since installing it, it would ask me after starting the PSX game but I get nothing.
Delete the config file that is in the popsloader folder with all the .prx's and then try to load your game again. I am also using that complete POPS pack kindly posted on page 2 and I have no problems. Just played some Brave Fencer Musashi on my Slim. It seems the brightness switching back and forth is still happening when starting/exiting POPS. But I believe Dark_AleX stated that is a fault with SONY code and not his.

johnbuk
November 9th, 2007, 14:04
Just updated to 3.71 M33-3 all the way from 3.10 OE.
Fat PSP bought the day they were released.
No problems- everything seems to work as expected.

Narcotize
November 9th, 2007, 14:25
Nice to see Final Fantasy VII & VIII are fully playable. I think Final Fantasy 9 is as well. I really like FF9's Medieval/Fantasy style as opposed to futuristic or modern.

Is this confirmed then? Or is this the "Game ID fix" that replaces crashing with slowdown when going from scene to scene?

I'm sat on m33 3.52-4 (I think) and am looking to get FF8 up and working with no glitch or worries!

I've just started playing Soul Reaver which is nice.... what would be better if Sony had a button config that let you use the analogue as an analogue, rather than just having the dpad buttons mapped to it.

Pimp13
November 9th, 2007, 14:37
I bricked thanks to this. Luckily my father works in a game store so I can get a new one! I have to be more carefull....

Pimp13
November 9th, 2007, 14:40
Gamestop here I come!

urherenow
November 9th, 2007, 15:34
what were you upgrading from? hardware, fw revision... it's highly unlikely that you bricked using this assuming you know how to follow directions.
Then again, I guess we can't assume anything from you when the first thing you say is Gamestop here I come, instead of **whups out t3h pandora battery***

DPyro
November 9th, 2007, 16:53
Ok, something I didn't notice before but when I try to use the internet browser on my PSP it freezes and my PSP shuts off.

kjetil1991
November 9th, 2007, 20:15
some noobs should go to the help forums first instead of little brats saying oh i bricked i just trade with a new one thy learn nothing i learned a lot when i got my first brick

Stone Temple Pilots
November 9th, 2007, 22:58
I got it to work! Brave Fencer finally plays! (uses 3.40 POPS). I noticed I had to put the popsloader.prx text in the POPs text document.

Flargle
November 10th, 2007, 09:13
Just to clear something up - I'm currently running 3.71M33-2. The readme for this update says:

Requirements:

- 3.71 M33 1 or 2

Installation:

Copy the update folder to /PSP/GAME/UPDATE and run it.

Is that it? Is that really all I have to do, or do I need to twat around dumping PSAR files and stuff first?

CaptainMorgan4
November 10th, 2007, 19:33
Guys I have the popsloader folder that was on this thread via the rapidshare link, then I have the located folder code in my VSH document. I have the plugin enabled in the Recovery but I can't get the choices of POPs to display in the xmb after launching a PSX game. Even when holding R during launch I can't get the choices of which Pops to run, can someone help me out a bit?

Veskgar
November 11th, 2007, 07:56
Guys I have the popsloader folder that was on this thread via the rapidshare link, then I have the located folder code in my VSH document. I have the plugin enabled in the Recovery but I can't get the choices of POPs to display in the xmb after launching a PSX game. Even when holding R during launch I can't get the choices of which Pops to run, can someone help me out a bit?

On the previous page (last post) I responded to your problem with a suggestion that might help.

CaptainMorgan4
November 11th, 2007, 08:16
I don't have a config file that's in the PopsLoader folder.

edit: Listen I downloaded that page 2 file, took the "popsloader" folder with all the prx's in it and put it in my SEPlugins folder. Then I put the posloader.prx from DA in the SEPlugins (not the popsloader folder). I then enabled the plugin from recovery. After this anytime I choose a PSX game I got no choice to switch pops, even after holding R during the PSX game launch.....Help!

Mick0204
November 12th, 2007, 20:07
I don't have a config file that's in the PopsLoader folder.

edit: Listen I downloaded that page 2 file, took the "popsloader" folder with all the prx's in it and put it in my SEPlugins folder. Then I put the posloader.prx from DA in the SEPlugins (not the popsloader folder). I then enabled the plugin from recovery. After this anytime I choose a PSX game I got no choice to switch pops, even after holding R during the PSX game launch.....Help!

Mate make sure you have a text file named pops.txt that contains "ms0:/seplugins/popsloader.prx" (without the " ") in the se plugins folder.

I just got past the usual freeze at the police station on resi 2!

CaptainMorgan4
November 13th, 2007, 00:26
I put the pops.txt file in there, that was missing, but I'm still not getting a chance to choose my pops on PSX launch. You can still hold R when launching a PSX game to get the choices right? I've tried multiple games that I have trying to get the screen to come up, I just re-enabled the plugin in recovery so yeah. Can anyone else help me please?

edit: I don't get it I'm on 3.71 M33-3 and already did the kernal implement back on 2, having my kernal set to 1.5 in recovery wouldn't have anything to do with this?

dmac
November 13th, 2007, 01:00
does this have the 1.50 add-on included from 3.71-M33-2 as I did not add it yet?

medinaba
November 13th, 2007, 14:28
Is this confirmed then? Or is this the "Game ID fix" that replaces crashing with slowdown when going from scene to scene?

I'm sat on m33 3.52-4 (I think) and am looking to get FF8 up and working with no glitch or worries!

I've just started playing Soul Reaver which is nice.... what would be better if Sony had a button config that let you use the analogue as an analogue, rather than just having the dpad buttons mapped to it.

What version of POPS are you using. FF8 is still freezing on disk two, during the fmv of rockets fling towards the garden.

I tried using 3.03, 3.72

CaptainMorgan4
November 13th, 2007, 22:00
Can anyone help me with my problem please?

CaptainMorgan4
November 14th, 2007, 22:31
Okay sorry for the double post but I found something new and I thought I should bring it here so someone could help me better. Okay so I deleted my popsloader folder, pops PRX, and the pops TXT. After that I put the rapidshare pops folder back in the SEPlugins folder and then did the same with the txt file and the actual popsloader.prx. No when I go to recovery I have 2 things to enable for POPs, popsloader.prx [VSH] and popsloader.prx [POPS]. I enabled them both but I still get no choices of POPs after PSX game launching, even if I hold R after launching the game I still get nothing. Someone please help me with this, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, Pops has worked in the past for me no problem.

Darksurf
November 17th, 2007, 03:01
I'm actually kinda embarrassed to ask this but can somebody give step by step instructions to get popstation working. Including how the psone game gets on the psp. I don't think I'm doing something right. I'm very very new to this. I just recently got 3.71 m33-3 and this is my first cfw that I've used on my psp before.

I used a program (icetea) that turned my playstation iso (omega boost [US version]) into an eboot. I put it in a folder called omega boost inside /psp/game it all shows up OK but after I run it I get the boot screen and then the screen just stays black like its not loading anything. I can press home and quit the game, nothing locks up, it just doesn't load. I have all the .prx files in the /seplugins/popsloader folder I put the 3.40 prx files in there. using the tools from the first page of this branch. I need help. sorry to bring up such n00bish questions.

dazza108
November 18th, 2007, 17:59
CaptainMorgan4. i think you have to add the ms0:/seplugins/popsloader/idcanager_old.prx to the pops.txt folder to get that coming up. im not sure on this tho. im just gunna try it now

edit.
no that didnt work
lol

jurkevicz
November 18th, 2007, 20:14
so what's better this or 3.72HX?

b_simpson1999
November 21st, 2007, 00:20
when in recovery i enable skip sony logo but it doesn't skip it but when using le recover ver 3 and I enable it it does. any1 else having this problem

Cloudhunter
November 21st, 2007, 08:51
so what's better this or 3.72HX?

3.71 M33-3 all the way. HX is mostly Dark_AleX's code.

when in recovery i enable skip sony logo but it doesn't skip it but when using le recover ver 3 and I enable it it does. any1 else having this problem

Try formatting flash1 using the recovery mode.

Cloudy

b_simpson1999
November 21st, 2007, 09:47
hi cloudy i formated my flash1 and nothing it just the same. i guess i'll just have to use le recovery v3

rjg232
November 21st, 2007, 11:13
Sorry to be such a pain, but I just got my PSP and it's got firmware 2.0, and all tutorials I've read thus far say nothing on how to go from 2.0 to 3.71 M33-3.

I don't want someone to do it for me, or to be a huge pain, just a gesture in the right direction. Jumping in on the homebrew scene this late in the game is quite overwhelming.

htrantk
November 21st, 2007, 15:46
I already have 3.71 M33-3. Does it include the popsloader ot not? If not, how to install the popsloader???

Sparda
November 23rd, 2007, 21:54
Hey, is there a big list with what version of popsloader you should use with each game? If not, how do you know which you should use?

Sorry to be such a pain, but I just got my PSP and it's got firmware 2.0, and all tutorials I've read thus far say nothing on how to go from 2.0 to 3.71 M33-3.

I don't want someone to do it for me, or to be a huge pain, just a gesture in the right direction. Jumping in on the homebrew scene this late in the game is quite overwhelming.

I recomend upgrading to 2.50 and downgrading from there using this (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp-downgraders-28181.html) downgrader. idk if its the best way but when I got my PSP it was at 2.50 and I downgraded straight from there to 1.50.

Then upgrade to 3.71 M33-1 and install the 1.50 kernel addon and then upgrade to 3.71 M33-3.

Necro Star
November 24th, 2007, 19:15
Are we talking about Dark Alex popstation or official ps1 games from the playstation store?

Edit: I mean the whole plugin thing, of course. If it is popstation why do you have to instal a plugin to run the ps1 games.

JDizzlw
November 24th, 2007, 21:33
Sorry, but I'm very new and I've only just got a PSP Slim so I don't really understand.

I have 3.71 m33 but how do I update to 3.71 m33-3 with PopsLoader? Is there a guide or could someone just give me some help.

Necro Star
November 25th, 2007, 22:02
If you have a psp slim, just download the m33-3 zip on the first post and place only the UPDATE folder into the game section like PSP/Game/Update. Run it from the XMB and you'll be on to 3.71 M33-3. About the popsloader, read the rest of the thread. If you read the read me first I wouldn' have to say what it says again.

drock82
December 5th, 2007, 20:16
i figured out how to activate the pops correctly you have to put this file on the outside of the folder -popsloader.prx-then put idcanager_old.prx in the popsloader folder thats it!!!i got it to work after similar problems people was having with the pops pack in page 2

Necro Star
December 5th, 2007, 22:11
what popsloader.prx are you talking about, I never got that in the pops pack

Edit: Sorry, I forgot it was in the m33-3 file, but thanks for the info

jimmius
December 11th, 2007, 15:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accordion View Post

Steampirate posted step by step instructions on another forum:

Quote:
Download ofw 3.72
Download M33_NEWPSARDUMPER
Extract data.psar from 3.72 eboot with PBP Unpacker(not sure if this was necessary or not)
Open USB Connection and put 3.72 eboot and data.psar in root of mem stick
Put PSARDUMPER in Game
Run Psardumper
Press Square
After it's done dumping, open USB Connection and copy premo_plugin.prx (f0\vsh\module) and premo_plugin.rco (f0\vsh\resource) and paste them somewhere for safe keeping
You can delete f0 now
Open recovery menu on PSP (right bumper and turn on with PSP still connected to PC)
Go to advanced
Select Toggle USB (flash0)
A new window should pop up on your PC
Make sure you have hidden files and system files viewable
Replace premo_plugin.prx (vsh\module) and premo_plugin.rco (vsh\resource) with the ones you copied
Select Toggle USB (flash0) to disable
Restart PSP:

can i do the same with the original 3.73 fw ?

jimmius
December 11th, 2007, 18:12
i managed to make remote play work with the above guide but now my isos wont load :(