PDA

View Full Version : PSP RSS Manager

wraggster
November 8th, 2007, 18:30
News/release from Freeplay: (http://f6y.ath.cx/pspdev/)

This is a tool (written in about four hours, hooray) that allows you to manage the RSS channels stored on your PSP. With any PSP on firmware 2.80 and above, homebrew-capable or not, it lets you:
* Enter the title, URL, web link, description, and copyright information for an RSS channel
* Indicate whether a channel should be added to the list of pre-selected channels when you pick "Select Multiple" in the RSS channel viewer
* Add and delete channels
* Save the listing to your PSP for instant access

What's next?

In the future, I'll add some more features, obviously. One I'm working on will grab all the necessary info from the URL you enter when you click a button, to make it even easier to just copy/paste a link into the RSS channel listing. This won't take me long, but it's 10:35 PM and I have to work tomorrow

Use:

* "PSP Drive" dropdown menu: Lets you pick your PSP drive.
* "Channels" list: Lets you pick a channel to edit.
* "Title", "URL", "Web Link", "Description", and "Copyright Info" boxes: Self-explanatory.
* "Add to 'save multiple' list" checkbox: Lets you indicate if the channel should be added to the list of pre-selected channels when you pick "Select Multiple" in the RSS channel viewer.
* "Add New" button: Adds a new RSS channel to the list, using the information in the text boxes.
* "Delete" button: Asks for confirmation, then deletes the currently-selected channel.
* "Apply channel changes" button: Temporarily saves the changes you've made to this channel, so you can edit another one. The changes are only saved in memory; they're not saved onto the disk.
* "Undo channel changes" button: Reverts to the last saved/'applied' version of the channel.

File menu:
* "Reload all channels from PSP": Cancels any changes you've made and reloads the listing from the last saved version.
* "Save all channels to PSP": Applies any changes you've made and saves the listing.
* "Exit": Self-explanatory.

Feel free to give me suggestions. Oh, and this requires the .NET framework. I'm not sure which version; I think just .NET 2.0.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments