PDA

View Full Version : unofficial gpSP kai v3.2 Test 8

wraggster
November 8th, 2007, 19:05
Takka (http://takka.tfact.jp/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/uo_gpsp_kai_32_test_8.zip) has released a new version of his Unnoficial work on Exophases excellent GBA Emulator for the PSP (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/gpsp-0-9-gba-emulator-for-the-psp-full-speed--46046.html).

Google translation is rubbish as usual so any one who can understand japanese please help via comments. Only thing i can see as a major plus is the ability to play via TV Out.

Download Here (http://takka.tfact.jp/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/uo_gpsp_kai_32_test_8.zip) and Give Feedback Via Comments

Mr Corky
November 8th, 2007, 22:52
Wasn't this realesed like a week ago?

masamune
November 8th, 2007, 23:05
Another one? Exophase needs to destroy this guy with some kind of angry mind missile or something... and of course by that I mean a superior official release, not to put any pressure on Mr. Exophase but I'm just tired of this takka creature.

urherenow
November 8th, 2007, 23:15
is there a compatibility list for this? How's the speed?

masamune
November 8th, 2007, 23:27
I don't think the guy is working on compatibility or even knows how... The only changes I've seen noted are about the tv out for the slim as well as a few useless mods of the gpsp menu... basically its dildos

btw, all the games that didn't load or crashed on me w/ v0.9 have the same effect on this. (I only tested a few though)

Mr Corky
November 9th, 2007, 00:20
Another one? Exophase needs to destroy this guy with some kind of angry mind missile or something... and of course by that I mean a superior official release, not to put any pressure on Mr. Exophase but I'm just tired of this takka creature.

Slow down! Isn't this open source software? People have every right to make these many, many, many un-official releases. Also the gpSP is perfect the way it is, except for some itty bitty bugs which don't really count as an official release when fixed.:D

Veskgar
November 9th, 2007, 03:05
btw, all the games that didn't load or crashed on me w/ v0.9 have the same effect on this. (I only tested a few though)

I read a while ago that Final Fantasy VI works in the unofficial version. But Exophase could probably easily fix that if he has not already in one of his own private builds.

The official gpSP 0.9 (HenD) works great for me on the Slim.

tronpsp
November 9th, 2007, 07:46
I love this emulator its the bomb.
1 feature that would be cool in the future for it would be rewind mode that would rock

thanks tronpsp

jedikevin20
November 9th, 2007, 07:53
I'm glad takka doing something. People can complain that he stole xyz etc etc but its still something. By rule he has every right to keep making these releases and I hope he continues. All it will lead to is a better emulator in the end. Enough of all these takka releases and make we will see exophase bust out a just about perfect emulator on all games.

John Vattic
November 9th, 2007, 13:30
Unfortunately this is something exophase SHOULD BE doing. So quit saying that exophase should do something to this guy.

Exophase should be adapting dark alex's fullscreen homebrew code into homebrew, and not just him every emu should have a slim fullscreen version. I can only imagine exophase has alot of schoolwork or something because this makes him seem missing from the scene.

This is for PSP Slim for fullscreen tv out.

And takka is doing something no other coder is doing now, so stfu about this guy not doing something different.

nesterj should have this, dgen should have this, mmsplus should, and all others too.

It's very sad when such an important piece of homebrew development is overlooked because people only care about new version releases of the same ol' same.

Good work, keep it up for us that KNOW what you're doing with these releases. Some of us appreciate your work takka. Thank you.

And if possible, do this with other emulators because the other coders in the scene are vegetating and stagnating like a George W. Bush vacation.

JushinLiger
November 9th, 2007, 14:55
I use this emulator. It works fine for what I play and I prefer it to the "Official" version.

bah
November 9th, 2007, 16:51
Unfortunately this is something exophase SHOULD BE doing. So quit saying that exophase should do something to this guy.

Exophase should be adapting dark alex's fullscreen homebrew code into homebrew, and not just him every emu should have a slim fullscreen version. I can only imagine exophase has alot of schoolwork or something because this makes him seem missing from the scene.

I think your concept of what someone 'SHOULD do' is somehow skewed so that it incorporates others not only doing something great for you for nothing, but also that doing it requires them to continue to do so despite a lot of irritating events that (reasonably) piss them off. That this lessens their desire to continue giving their work away to a somewhat/largely unappreciative audience isn't something to hold against them and surely isn't hard to understand.

We all would love a new official gpSP release for the PSP, but bullshit comments like that would really have to have the opposite effect.

Personally I think you SHOULD shut the **** up.

Veskgar
November 10th, 2007, 04:46

This is for PSP Slim for fullscreen tv out.
Last I knew, Exophase was waiting on a PSP Slim & Lite that was to be donated to him and then he was likely to continue development on gpSP. How much do you want to bet that was an empty promise. I don't think Exophase received the donated Slim PSP.

So saying what he SHOULD be doing is also like saying he SHOULD be shelling out another $199.99 USD to get a Slim PSP so that he can work on an emulator that he gives us for FREE.

If we can get enough people serious about wanting to get Exophase a Slim PSP, just PM me and we can make it happen. I've never seen Exophase come even close to asking for donations so its the least we could all do for him. We know what he's capable of. But time & money often create speedbumps.

John Vattic
November 10th, 2007, 14:05
Free or for profit, this dax code should be implemented. regardless of other crap.

At least takka is doing it. so quit shi##ing on hiim and shi# on me. :D

downloaddownload
December 5th, 2007, 06:00
Ive spoken to Exophase a few times. Hes kind of a jerk but I think he may never release a new version in the future. GBA is getting old sad to say

Exophase
December 5th, 2007, 17:18
Ive spoken to Exophase a few times. Hes kind of a jerk but I think he may never release a new version in the future. GBA is getting old sad to say

Why am I a jerk? I wonder what you said to me :rolleyes:

I'll release a new version if I get a PSP Slim.

Gold Line
December 5th, 2007, 17:27
This guy should just quit his updates don't really do alot anyway, the only reason to use gpspkai is to play final fantasy 6

I'll release a new version if I get a PSP Slim.

HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT YOU JERK! :mad: