PDA

View Full Version : Lifetime US Next-Gen Hardware Sales

Shrygue
November 8th, 2007, 19:36
from Next Generation (http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7861&Itemid=9)

The compilation of the data, shown below, is especially timely due to the NPD Group’s recent decision to scale down its release of monthly sales figures. Everyone loves knowing who’s selling how many consoles and games, and Next-Gen is always happy to provide our own monthly statistical breakdown of NPD numbers. To that effect, like many, we’re none-too-pleased with NPD’s recent announcement.

Hopefully these numbers will do for now, and serve to provoke some healthy debate on the likes of the 360’s high installed user-base and software attachment rate, the increasing momentum of the Wii approaching the holiday season, and the continued efforts of Sony’s PS3 to stake more than just a Bronze place on the podium.

http://www.next-gen.biz/images/stories/npd_hardware_sales_table.jpg

Note that the totals shown are lifetime, not yearly sales. Having totted up the yearly sales figures, the Wii is leading the trio of next-gen home consoles during 2007 having shifted 3,439,400 units, followed by 2,222,900 Xbox 360s and 1,172,500 PS3s.

Joe88
November 9th, 2007, 04:38
didnt the Wii just outsell the 360 like a month ago ?
everyone was making a fuss about that...

RvLeshrac
November 9th, 2007, 06:46
Next-Gen is one of the sites *causing* this problem with NPD. They should be paying for the data anyway.

NPD isn't "scaling back" the release of numbers, they're "scaling back" the release of numbers to non-paying consumers, precisely because so many advertising-backed sites don't pay for the data they use.

I agree that NPD is making a poor decision from a consumer standpoint, but as long as people who *should* be paying don't pay unless they're forced, this will continue to be a problem.

MicroNut
November 9th, 2007, 14:58
Is the PS3 the next Sega Saturn? lol
Good thing I still love my Sega Saturn.

JKKDARK
November 9th, 2007, 15:37
didnt the Wii just outsell the 360 like a month ago ?
everyone was making a fuss about that...

October, not september

sukhi-2006
November 9th, 2007, 15:43
The ps3 is selling really poor at last sony system is eating dust i always wanted this to happen.
So it leaves 360 and wii which one will be n0.1 console for 2007 it will definetely be the wii, well you can see from the sales even 360 is not no match for the wii looks like Nintendo has won the console war for time being.

Joe88
November 9th, 2007, 22:52
The ps3 is selling really poor at last sony system is eating dust i always wanted this to happen.
So it leaves 360 and wii which one will be n0.1 console for 2007 it will definetely be the wii, well you can see from the sales even 360 is not no match for the wii looks like Nintendo has won the console war for time being.

never count out a beaten dog
games like MGS4 and you know the rest will surely boost sales like no one saw it coming