PDA

View Full Version : Yes, The Uncharted Demo Is Region Locked

Shrygue
November 9th, 2007, 00:04
via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/uncharted%7C-drake.s-fortune/yes-the-uncharted-demo-is-region-locked-320678.php)

If you're in the PAL or Asian territories, you may have discovered that your 1.2 GB download of the brand new Uncharted: Drake's Fortune demo won't @!#?@!ing play on your PlayStation 3. It's not a bug, despite it's somewhat awkward behavior. It's intentional. Yes, the Uncharted demo is sadly region specific and won't play on anything but a North American PS3. It's the kind of slap in the face that hurts so much worse after a 1200 MB wait in line.

We contacted Sony Computer Entertainment America who confirmed that the US version "does not allow for cross-region play" and that "the Japanese and PAL demo will both be released soon, but we don't have confirmed release dates." Unfortunately, the delay in the non-North American enjoyment of the Naughty Dog adventure can simply be chalked up to Uncharted's release date in its respective territories. Cold comfort, I know.

**1_Man_Matrix**
November 9th, 2007, 02:08
I can vouch for this...

After I downloaded the demo... Then I saw this post.

Well, Jokes on me today lol :D

Atleast CoD4 will take the pain away :thumbup:

englishrick
November 9th, 2007, 11:45
that stinks....

Triv1um
November 9th, 2007, 16:28
Was bound to happen.

acn010
November 9th, 2007, 16:30
ha ha ha ha.... oh well... now everything is being specific

Accordion
November 10th, 2007, 05:36
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/11/09/uncharted-drake’s-fortune-demo-back-on-the-world-map/

apparently the bug is fixed.

Facho
November 10th, 2007, 18:09
Yeah it was just a bug, now the Europeans can play it too. I've been playing it and I think it's quite good :)

Accordion
November 10th, 2007, 18:32
seeing as all the technically unwarranted complaining actually worked[The demo was only intended for the US really], may i suggest sending 400 posts of complaint about the lack of an MGS4 demo to Kojima…