PDA

View Full Version : Disgaea heads to PSP

Shrygue
November 9th, 2007, 18:31
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=87251)

Koei has decided that what you want is a PSP version of its strategical role-playing series Disgaea.

It is called Afternoon of Darkness in memory of a good pub lunch, and will be available to get lost in this December.

The story is based around the familiar face of Prince Laharl and his band of oddball chums, who get all rough and tumble as they fight for control of the Netherworld.

Developer Nippon Ichi has included a few new things for portable fans, though, like a PSP-specific multiplayer mode that lets you duel friends around the world or share items ad-hoc from your shop.

There is also an exclusive storyline featuring Etna, which sees you try to become Beauty Queen Ultimate Overlord by finishing the game. And if you do, a never-before-seen ending awaits.

You will also be able to customise your multiplayer settings, like modifying the rules, field conditions and other bits and pieces. And to spice things up, you and your opponent can pick five geo cubes before a battle, each with random and potentially game winning properties - although neither of you will know what the other has, a bit like sleeping with a stranger.

Disgaea one and two both scored 9/10 here on Eurogamer for their blend of complex statistics hidden in an engrossing storyline.

Pop over to our Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness gallery to see how it is shaping up.

darthhaze420
November 10th, 2007, 16:29
i have had this game for a week it is out

Shadowblind
November 10th, 2007, 18:32
It really is a great game. Maybe it deserves around an 8.5-8.3 rather then a 9, but its still fun.

alamosh
November 10th, 2007, 19:52
Old news, but awesome game indeed. I hope they also port Disgaea 2.

brunobelo
November 10th, 2007, 19:56
Disgaea is, at the moment, the best PSP game. It's amazingly incredible! I really love this game, it's waaaaaay better than Final Fantasy - Lion War, not because of the greatesness of this game, but because Square-Enix sucked when they ported the game to the PSP...

Lodis
November 10th, 2007, 22:39
This game is amasing but took quite some time to get into due to its depth. It is one of the best games out on the Psp and I recommend it to all, especially turn based tactics fans.

I dont know any other games where you can do so many different tactics during battle like throwing your enemies or allies around, destroy or place crystals giving you advantages or destroying it to create a domino effect of damage. One of my games ended early because I forgot that one of my characters explodes when thrown.There is so much to this game and it has major lasting appeal.

Veskgar
November 11th, 2007, 21:21
Yep, have to agree.. This game is fantastic.

JKKDARK
November 11th, 2007, 21:32
They should make a new game, not a remake. We already have many remakes :(

Shrygue
November 12th, 2007, 19:39
No we don't, we have far too many remakes. What we all need are more original games; not all these ports, remakes, etc...

Shadowblind
November 12th, 2007, 21:27
I would hold the title of best PSP game yet for Tales of the World, but Disgaea really is a great game. What system did Disgaea 2 come out for again?

jamotto
November 12th, 2007, 21:35
No we don't, we have far too many remakes. What we all need are more original games; not all these ports, remakes, etc...

It's a shame that whenever the psp does get an original game, no one buys it.

JKKDARK
November 12th, 2007, 22:58
I would hold the title of best PSP game yet for Tales of the World, but Disgaea really is a great game. What system did Disgaea 2 come out for again?

PlayStation 2