PDA

View Full Version : Fc Dual For Snes/nes Games

wraggster
November 10th, 2007, 15:58
New from SuccessHK (http://www.superufo.com/product_html/Nintendo_FC_DUAL_FOR_SNES_NES_GAMES.html?aff_id=24 )

http://www.superufo.com/item_photo/item/MISC-0141-L.jpg

S-Video AV output
AC power adaptor
Two controllers
Compatible with SNES controller

kcajblue
November 10th, 2007, 16:19
thats pretty cool.

JKKDARK
November 10th, 2007, 16:50
This is really a nice mod. You can play NES/SNES games from any region?

ZeakStarwind
November 11th, 2007, 04:01
This is really a nice mod. You can play NES/SNES games from any region?

Yes you can play imports for the Snes, but for Nes you need a converter like the Gyromite conversion or third party products.

This console is created by the same Yoboware people that created the FC Twin. This is just the second model from the first FC Twin which is now dubbed FC Dual just to make it sound better which it indeed does. Fair warning though. If you bought this at Play N Trade please test the system out cause some of them have defective systems like when I first bought mine at Play N Trade when they had their shippment in. First bought, brought it home...Snes Defective but Nes built in worked. So I warn ya make sure you keep the reciept just incase cause there have been defectives that were produced.

Edit: This system is flawless and has well built compatibility, even the Snes. Only problem is that it still can't play some games like Mario RPG that has those special chips to enable them...but uhh...can't remember what the name of the chip is but it's what uses those 2 extra pin slots on both sides of the cartridge connector if I'm correct.

DanTheManMS
November 11th, 2007, 07:03
A list of games with special chips like that may be found at http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/SNES_games_with_special_chips

JKKDARK
November 11th, 2007, 12:40
Yes you can play imports for the Snes, but for Nes you need a converter like the Gyromite conversion or third party products.

This console is created by the same Yoboware people that created the FC Twin. This is just the second model from the first FC Twin which is now dubbed FC Dual just to make it sound better which it indeed does. Fair warning though. If you bought this at Play N Trade please test the system out cause some of them have defective systems like when I first bought mine at Play N Trade when they had their shippment in. First bought, brought it home...Snes Defective but Nes built in worked. So I warn ya make sure you keep the reciept just incase cause there have been defectives that were produced.

Edit: This system is flawless and has well built compatibility, even the Snes. Only problem is that it still can't play some games like Mario RPG that has those special chips to enable them...but uhh...can't remember what the name of the chip is but it's what uses those 2 extra pin slots on both sides of the cartridge connector if I'm correct.

Ah ok thanks for the info :)

Eyedunno
November 11th, 2007, 14:31
Actually, I read somewhere that the FC Twin can handle most special chips - the main ones it can't handle are the SA-1 and the S-DD1. Unfortunately, I have Street Fighter Zero 2, so I won't be getting one of these. I'll stick with my Super Famicom Jr. :)

Here's hoping that someday they come out with one of these with better compatibility.

Steely
November 11th, 2007, 15:52
I have an FC twin. I'm actually looking to sell it, though.

Reasons to like:

- NES and SNES in one
- Nice black SNES controllers
- Plays different region SNES games
- Fairly Small
- Enhanced NES visual("better" colors and sound)
- Play NES with SNES controllers

Reasons to dislike:

- I wasn't able to play Kirby Superstar and Mario RPG(I think Mario Kart didn't work either, maybe it was dusty?.. Also my brother lost his Lufia 2 saves when playing it on FC twin, when that never happened on the original SNES)
- Controller wires are very short
- The digitally improved NES, or whatever, takes away authenticity from some games like Super Mario Bros... Mario's jump sound is completely different.
- Again, plays NES with SNES controllers. This could be good and bad. Some games are very hard to get used to playing with the A and B buttons on a SNES controller.

I think that's all....... Yeah.

Then again, I'm using the FC Twin, not FC Dual. I don't know the differences.