PDA

View Full Version : PReSS v0.1 - RSS reader for the Playstation Portable

wraggster
November 10th, 2007, 21:33
A new RSS reader for the PSP (http://www.press-psp.com/) has been released, heres the details:

PReSS stands for Portable RSS. And that's just what it is: an RSS reader for the Playstation Portable. Let PReSS connect to any WiFi access point and you're good to go. With it's 6 hour battery lifetime, reading the news while travelling was never easier.
Features
Portable
Because PReSS stores all feed data on your MemoryStick, you can enjoy your favourite channels even when you are not connected to the internet.
Catalogue
Typing in a feed adress on a device that has no keyboard is not what we call 'user-friendly'. That's why PReSS has it's own catalogue, filled with user-submitted feeds.
Skinnable
The more creative can easily create their own skins by simply replacing 14 images and one simple script. skins can be submitted here.
Free
Version 0.1 of PReSS is completely free. If you all donate a few bucks, the next one will be too.

Download Here (http://underminer.ikhoefgeen.nl/PReSS/releases/PReSSv0.1.rar) and Give Feedback Via Comments

Nikolaos
November 11th, 2007, 01:58
Sad that the developer of this homebrew is in this for the money, know one will support you if you are trying to charge people to use your homebrew.

cashboxz02
November 11th, 2007, 04:31
Like Raaaaaaaadical Duuuuuuuuuuuuude
Totalllly Awwwwwwesome

cashboxz02
November 11th, 2007, 04:31
D U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U D E

lost101
November 11th, 2007, 11:20
Nice app, I've been waiting some time for a rss reader with jpeg support.

Thanks, The Underminer

mattlee
November 15th, 2007, 11:57
Anyone on 3.71 m33-2/3 able to get this application running?

I've got this "The game could not be started" error msg.

Someone please help?

Thank you.

3.71 m33-4
November 18th, 2007, 06:26
I got the same error message."The game could not be started" on 3.71 m33-3 . HELP

Buddy4point0
November 18th, 2007, 14:49
what difference does this have over the offical sony rss chanel reader thats built into psp`s?

lost101
November 18th, 2007, 15:55
what difference does this have over the offical sony rss chanel reader thats built into psp`s?

The official rss reader only supports audio/video, and is therefore limited. I wish they would text and images, but for now this homebrew is the only option.