PDA

View Full Version : DSOrganize 3.1 released

wraggster
November 11th, 2007, 20:36
DragonMinded (http://www.dragonminded.com/?loc=ndsdev/DSOrganize) has released a new version of his excellent PDA/Web Browser for the DS

Heres whats new:

Added support for attachment style downloads (usually download.php style).
Added deflate and gzip encoding support to web browser.
Added letter view mode to the picture viewer.
Added optional click noise to keyboards.
Added many more special character tags like è etc to web browser.
Changed large font to Arial 13 from Century 16 to be more consistent.
Fixed download filenames being badly named when longer filenames were downloaded beforehand.
Fixed "Removing invalid lfn entry" error in FAT after deleting a file.
Fixed "Invalid file size on entry" error in FAT after creating a new empty file.
Fixed "Errors in . and/or .. corrected" error in FAT after creating new directory in root.
Fixed files randomly not being created and "directories after end" error in FAT.
Fixed seek bar not updating while paused.
Fixed text boxes getting the generic text color instead of the textbox text color.
Removed plugin architecture and resources file. Were causing too much trouble with no real benefit.
Too bad no one have made any useful plugins...

Download Here (http://www.dragonminded.com/ndsdev/DSOrganize_3_1.zip) and Give Feedback Via Comments

gronne
November 11th, 2007, 21:03
You're such an awesome coder! Major thanks... Sadly my SD-card doesn't work anymore... But I saw a 512mb card for a mere $15 in the supermarket!!! How cheap isn't that? So I'll grab that and then my favourite DS software!

Thanks for the hard work.

Sigma83
November 11th, 2007, 21:41
It makes my day everytime a new DSOrganize version is released! :) That's a shame that more plugins haven't been developed...I did enjoy the dsbible plugin but it seems like it wasn't recompiled for the newer versions. I just read this article interviewing Shaun Taylor who created DSOrg.

http://nds-emulation.com/2007/09/21/interview-with-shaun-taylor-creator-of-dsorganize/

I wish I had these kinda skilz when I was 21 :).
All I can hope for now is some SSL support for email access and this'll be near perfect.

Thanks again Shaun!

EDIT: The webbrowser seems to be malfunctioning. When searching a URL, the buttons on the NDS are returned (L,R, Select, Start etc) amidst a ton of random question marks and symbols. I'm using a supercard DS One. Hopefully it's a quick fix :).

kcajblue
November 11th, 2007, 23:00
awesome work DM.
keep the releases coming. :D

Hyrule_boy
November 11th, 2007, 23:39
You're such an awesome coder! Major thanks... Sadly my SD-card doesn't work anymore... But I saw a 512mb card for a mere $15 in the supermarket!!! How cheap isn't that? So I'll grab that and then my favourite DS software!

Thanks for the hard work.

Sorry to tell you that you are ripped-off! 15 dollars is way to much for only 512 MB! I got a one gigabyte for that price and a 2 gigabyte for 30 dollar.

Sigma83
November 12th, 2007, 01:08
kcajblue: Is your webbrowser workin ok? Is my card just corrupt somehow? Wierd....

sukhi-2006
November 12th, 2007, 02:29
DSorganize is one of the best application on any platform oh yes its on ds which makes use of the touch screen this application is cool as pda one thanks dm for your great work.

kcajblue
November 12th, 2007, 03:40
kcajblue: Is your webbrowser workin ok? Is my card just corrupt somehow? Wierd....i actually dont use the browser.
because my i set my router to have wpa and the ds doesnt support it.

BirdFLU
November 12th, 2007, 04:01
Just chiming in and saying DSO is great!!

DragonMinded
November 12th, 2007, 22:14
All I can hope for now is some SSL support for email access and this'll be near perfect.

If you want this, I suggest talking to bronto and getting him to put out the SSL lib he promised.

SweetFA
November 12th, 2007, 22:36
What's moonshell doing in that zipfile?

/edit: Web Browser seems to not be working properly, i'm getting same problem as the earlier poster, either blank screens or foreign letters.

sukhi-2006
November 13th, 2007, 02:54
Look like dm made a mistake putting moonshell file it doesn't work at all.

DragonMinded
November 13th, 2007, 18:25
Here's a hint: READ THE README. I didn't make any mistakes.

SweetFA
November 13th, 2007, 22:54
Here's a hint: READ THE README. I didn't make any mistakes.
Sorry, i was thrown by the version number in the readme not matching the version of the software.

That explains the Moonshell thing.

As for the browser not seeming to work in my CycloDS Evo, any ideas?

I've been trying to launch the Favourites and generally just got an A with an accent over it but occasionally Google comes up, often despite clicking on a different page.

Mgamerz
November 14th, 2007, 00:46
He should put in a text writer. I had the address for streams, but I didn't have my USB Mini cable. I tried to use txtwriter, but it just sucks on the MMD.
Edit: I mean txt writer sucks, not your software. Your software rocks. on my MMD though, streams close after a while. And I can't find that wifi thing in configuration.

DanTheManMS
November 14th, 2007, 00:55
He should put in a text writer. I had the address for streams, but I didn't have my USB Mini cable. I tried to use txtwriter, but it just sucks on the MMD.
Edit: I mean txt writer sucks, not your software. Your software rocks. on my MMD though, streams close after a while. And I can't find that wifi thing in configuration.

You are aware of the "Features" page of his Wiki, correct?
http://www.dragonminded.com/dsorganize/wiki/index.php?title=Features

Text editing has been in there a LOOOOOOOONG time.

tsimehC
November 14th, 2007, 15:02
Sweet. Thanks Dragonminded. Love the scribbler!

firstknight
November 20th, 2007, 15:15
text editor... this program can create a text file and write on it?

DanTheManMS
November 25th, 2007, 19:15
Yes. When in the file browser, drag the stylus up from the A and B commands to pull up a full list of what you can do (or press L and R until the command you want shows up). One of them lets you create a new file. Name it to end with .txt and then use the Y button to edit it.

eddie294
November 26th, 2007, 01:51
the web browser dont work on my r4....

Sigma83
November 26th, 2007, 05:32
eddie294, I'd suggest dropping back to version 3.05 I think it is, that's the last version that had a browser which works on my card. I"m sure the next update will remedy whatever that issue is.