PDA

View Full Version : Banjo-Kazooie not cancelled, says Rare

Shrygue
November 12th, 2007, 18:22
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=30530)

A source at UK developer Rare has told GamesIndustry.biz that its Banjo-Kazooie title for Xbox 360 has not been cancelled, despite rumours to the contrary.

There is speculation that development of a major, first-party Microsoft title has been stopped. But, if true, this is "definitely not" Banjo-Kazooie, says the source at the Microsoft-owned developer.

Rumours have intensified since Shane Bettenhausen, of US magazine EGM, mentioned them on last week's 1up Yours podcast.

"A big Microsoft first-party title that has been in the works for a very long time, that people are very excited for, sounds like it's being cancelled," said Bettenhausen. He added that the story had a "97 per cent chance" of being true, and may break this week.

Much of the subsequent speculation has focused on Banjo-Kazooie. The finger has been pointed at the latest in the popular series of platform games due to the poor sales of Rare's other family-oriented 360 games, Kameo and Viva Pinata.

JKKDARK
November 12th, 2007, 23:31
Is this a new game or a remake from the first game?

10shu
November 13th, 2007, 00:17
it s a all new game: banjo kazooie 3...

I beleave the game to be cancelled is "too human". Everytime they showed this game it didn t seem to make any progress...and few month ago I read than the game was overbudget. So I wouldn t be surprised if MS pulled the plug on this one.

I also wonder about alan wake, the game is suppose to be released soon and they never showed any gameplay footage...only "tech" demo...

JKKDARK
November 13th, 2007, 02:19
oh well if it's a new sequel then I don't want it cancelled. I love this serie :)

SSaxdude
November 13th, 2007, 21:43
I wouldn't be surprised at all if the original Banjo was included with the new sequel. Remember Conker Live and Reloaded for the Xbox?