PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo cracks down on Korea

Shrygue
November 12th, 2007, 18:29
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=175484)

DS only got released in Korea in January this year, but the region known for its notorious levels of software piracy has already put it under Nintendo's legal spotlight as the Japanese company demands an investigation into DS piracy.

Illegal DS game downloads are rife on Korean websites which, according to reports, are being tolerated by web operators.

Nintendo Korea has issued a request to the Seoul Central District Prosecutors' Office to look into the case after previous demands to remove the copied games were ignored.

"Nintendo will take further measures if copyright violations continue," said the company, according to Financial Times.

This marks the first time Nintendo has actively taken action against software piracy, having previously concentrated its efforts in the European and US markets.

JKKDARK
November 12th, 2007, 23:33
Pirates must die. If they really like video games, they should buy the original games

paul3100
November 13th, 2007, 08:21
But not all people (kids) have £30 a time for a below DS game!

My daughter for instance gets £5 a week so that would be 6 weeks to save up for 1 game and no spending money for her and chances the game would be complete G*SH.

Ok she could wait for her birthday or xmas but then thats only 1 or 2 games a year she could get out of the almost 400 now been brought out.

Anyway i actually don't agree in piracy either but some times there isn't much choice in the matter. ok we could just not do it but then if its the only way to see games you wouldn't usually get the chance to see then ........

Anyway lol i bet most that say pirates is bad own an r4/supercard or some soft of chip for there console and a few " backups " lying around but for some reason don't think they are pirates!

paul

Johnny Rash
November 13th, 2007, 08:33
Well, you make good points paul3100.

But according to international copyright law, someone with back-ups and no original is a real iPirate.

Not a pretend iPirate that'll go to pretend jail.
But a real iPirate that's going to real "pound me in the ass" jail.

Pay for your games.
Game developers need money too.