PDA

View Full Version : Sony CSR: What? No! Dust Doesn't Void Your PS3 Warranty!

wraggster
November 12th, 2007, 18:34
A Sony CSR admitted to reader Ive that dust should not void a Playstation 3's warranty.

"Ive: I'm calling just to pretty much clarify the PS3's warranty, if there's any clause in the warranty that makes it so that if the PS3 is too dusty that the warranty is void.
CSR: No.
Ive: No?
CSR: No. The only way that it, um, voided is if it was neglected, um, abused, dropped or anything like, modificated like if you opened it up, modification, if you didn't have your receipt, um, any power failures like mother nature or anything like that then that actually does void the warranty. Other than that any defective PS3s or anything like that is still, um, still under the warranty."

http://consumerist.com/consumer/audio/sony-csr-what-no-dust-doesnt-void-your-ps3-warranty-321288.php

IamAbe
November 13th, 2007, 00:10
i don't get it....

ElRazur
November 13th, 2007, 00:56
It is do with the story doing the rounds on the net - Basically sony wriggled out of fixing a ps3 by claimnig too much dust and put it to an act of god (a clause used in insurance that is not covered)

Accordion
November 13th, 2007, 10:53
In the recording the person complaining said:
" if neglect is leaving it in my entertainment center and not moving it or cleaning every couple of months, then yes, that would be neglect."

If that is the case then he is correct, he has neglected the cleaning of the console, and is very dirty.
I highly doubt the service would claim it is too dusty without due cause.

Basil Zero
November 14th, 2007, 02:09
lmao

this part makes me laugh:

power failures like mother nature or anything like that then that actually does void the warranty.

xD

Shadowblind
November 14th, 2007, 02:28
Um, wow, um, have people gotten more stupid or is it, um just that they've gotten more stupid? :p

Accordion
November 20th, 2007, 16:49
http://consumerist.com/consumer/polls/is-this-playstation-3-too-dusty-to-be-repaired-under-warranty-322858.php

disgusting.

edit:
go here: http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=233125&page=1
interesting turn of events…

F9zDark
November 20th, 2007, 17:04
I am utterly disgusted that I defended this prick on the official sony boards. I believe that if the dust didn't cause the failure than Sony is obligated to fix it.

But now that I know he is an actor, he could have easily dumped a truckload of dust and dirt on that thing just to badmouth sony.

ElRazur
November 21st, 2007, 09:51
Anyone have a link to the pictures?

Accordion
November 21st, 2007, 10:04
Anyone have a link to the pictures?

see the first link in my post above.

Shadowblind
November 21st, 2007, 16:31
So wait...the pathetic cheese ball who said all this stuff about the dust warranty got on television and the press about this? Being on TV is good, but not if its for something that makes you look like a total idiot.

DPyro
November 21st, 2007, 16:33
The guy is a total idiot, and to top it all off he's an actor.

steve520
November 21st, 2007, 16:37
I heard the kid who sent his ps3 in because it was broke was just a paid actor on television doing that and he said they wouldnt fix it because to much dust on it but i heard that the kid was a pro actor and it was a hoax.

DPyro
November 21st, 2007, 17:27
Thank you, Captain Obvious.