PDA

View Full Version : The NPD Will Publish Console Figures After All

Shrygue
November 12th, 2007, 18:56
via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/whining-works/the-npd-will-publish-console-figures-after-all-321632.php)

Last week's decision by the NPD Group to discontinue posting monthly reports on console hardware sales didn't go over too well. The gaming press hated it because the NPD console numbers are an excellent resource. Gamers hated it because console sales numbers are an excellent source of angry, gloating forum posts. NPD PR rep David Riley was caught unawares by the backlash, but now he's back with good news.

The NPD had been waiting to hear back from the console manufacturers, and now Riley has informed GameDaily BIZ that the "Big 3" are in fact on board. Therefore the NPD will continue to provide media with the monthly hardware sales tally...

Ah sweet, sweet console sales numbers are now ours to behold each month indefinitely, and everyone lived happily ever after. The end.

DrewMac
November 15th, 2007, 19:42
Can you point me to the latest console sales figures? I've been searching for a while and the best I could find was vgcharts which states the 360 to be on par with the wii o_0 lol. Anyway thanks for the help :D