PDA

View Full Version : iPhone/iTouch Emulation Joins The Mainstream

wraggster
November 12th, 2007, 22:18
Homebrew on the iPhone/iTouch has today joined the mainstream homebrew scenes with the stunning release of a Full Speed GBA Emulator for the iPhone/iTouch by ZodTTD, the release is unique because the iPhone/iTouch are touch screen gadgets.

Check out the full details over at our Apple iPhone/iTouch Site here --> http://apple.dcemu.co.uk/gpsphone-v0-04-released-gba-emulation-on-the-iphone-and-itouch-79107.html

Kojote
November 12th, 2007, 23:14
having two emulators (nes & gba) on iphone doesn't make emulation mainstream on them :) (sorry to spoil your discussion, others, please flame now)

the_eternal_dark
November 13th, 2007, 01:27
Impressive, considering it took a while to have GBA on PSP at a respectable speed and compatibility.

JKKDARK
November 13th, 2007, 02:17
having two emulators (nes & gba) on iphone doesn't make emulation mainstream on them :) (sorry to spoil your discussion, others, please flame now)

You can't see GBA emulation on a machine too fast like it appeared on the iphone :)

kcajblue
November 13th, 2007, 04:34
wow.
thats impressive.
that is pretty quick to have emus on something that was recently released.

andwhyisit
November 13th, 2007, 05:06
He said "joins the mainstream" not "becomes a mainstream".

Kojote
November 13th, 2007, 06:37
still i wouldnt agree :)

Joe88
November 13th, 2007, 07:38
the controls for it must be horrible .....

sourced
November 13th, 2007, 09:08
the controls for it must be horrible .....

i just got it on my iPhone. and yeah, the controls kinda suck, AT FIRST, but then you kinda get used to it after playing a few rounds.

V3N0M
November 13th, 2007, 09:43
Yeah no doubt controls will have major advantages/disadvantages with the iTouch/iPhone. An advantage is the controls will be virtual ( Meaning no button limits ) There will be various issues when it comes to "holding down" the virtual buttons and virtual analog sticks will be a pain in the ass for sure. So all in all I see potential, it will take some getting used too, and any problems I've mentioned can be overcome through some clever code. So we'll have to wait and see where this new scene brings us..

I got a feeling I'll be picking up an iTouch eventually. ;)

sukhi-2006
November 13th, 2007, 16:30
The gba emulator came really quickly on iphone that's cool. The best device for gba games has to be ds lite of course it was built in on the other hand iphone doesn't have any buttons that's crazy playing games on iphone won't be comfortable look like apple has messed up big time, even pda phones have buttons and stylus this phone is not reliable.

geise69
November 14th, 2007, 00:58
Haha! Great work ZodTTD. I see you're keeping busy while waiting for the Craigenator. :)

urherenow
November 14th, 2007, 05:11
how's compatibility nowadays for gba emus? Last I tried, (probably with a flash 2 advance on a real GBA SP) I couldn't get but 20 minutes into golden sun without it crashing... at the same spot every time, so I couldn't continue.

It's funny seing this news since I actually picked up an ipod touch just yesterday, and already put a nes emulator on it :P Looks like I'll install the gba one and give it a try now

MRMuaz
November 14th, 2007, 07:15
Hi, This post of mine is very knowledgable and may enhance the information of the viewers , however I would like some specific information for myself. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,