PDA

View Full Version : Jailbreakin and Other App installations

buildit92
November 12th, 2007, 23:58
Jailbreaking iPhones and iTouchs (Ipod Touch) means homebrew enabling it or simply putting it, hacking. Here youll find a step by step producedure about how to hack your Apple Touch Screen Products. I take no repsonsablitly for anything thats happens.

What You Need
-iTouch or iPhone
-wifi connection

Steps

0*) This step is opptional, but highly recomened, restore you ipod before your jailbreak it.
1) Start by turning it on and load up safari
2) load up jailbreakme.com
3) Read about what it does, if you dont want to read scroll down and install AppSnapp
4) Once you click it, it will download and install AppSnapp and will jailbreak your it for you.
5) Now wait for your iPhone or iTouch to crash Safari, dont worry, it means its working.
6) Wait for your iPhone or iTouch to restart itselfs.
7) Once restarted you will see a new app called installer. This is where you will download new apps and games.

Note: If this doesnt work, try it again. sometimes it wont work the first time.

Important Steps in Installer
1)if you get a promet stating to update the installer, click Update Now.
2)go to the springboard(main ipod screen with icons) and restart installer
3)then go to install under the bottom selections in installer.
4)Select System folder
5)install BSD Subsystem
6)then under the System folder install SSHOpen
7)go back to to the springboard let your ipod restart

Installing Games, Apps and others
1)Load up installer
2)select install on the bottom prompter
3)select a folder
4)Click on the App you want
5)Read Description and Download

Apps I Suggest
-TTR
-Ants
-Sketches
-NES emulator (Ill Post a Tutoural on how to download roms onto ipod by tommarow)
-Labryinth

How To Install Roms Onto Ipod Using Windows
1)Download Roms
2)Open WinSCP
3)get ipods i.p. adress and uses that as the server name
4)the login name is 'root' and the password is 'alpine' (without the '')
5)load up your ipod
6)drop roms in media/ROMS/NES/
7)if there is no folder make it
8)drop nes roms in there
9)load up ipod and play

more details about installing coming soon due to inconvinces i have with school lol.

Can This Brick Your Ipod?
No, it shouldnt, but if it does, your are responsable and no one else.

Does This Void Your Warrenty?
Ovoiusly yes, but by restoring your ipod threw itunes, no man nor computer can tell the diffrence of the prevously restored ipod and a out-of-the-box ipod.

Need additional help?
Send me a PM and ill help you
or
Watch the video Bellow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0v91MIepB0

tuta
November 13th, 2007, 02:31
Is this necessary?

I always though homebrew was always able to run on itouch as when nes emu was released this wasnt anywhere near the news page

Really thought of buying a touch but didn't know there will be such a firmware hack thingy really sets me back

buildit92
November 13th, 2007, 18:22
Yea. it is nesscary to my knowledge. because inorder to make apps apper on ur ipod you need to jailbreak it.

Man
November 14th, 2007, 04:16
To be completely honest, it may sound like a lot of work, but compared to like PSP or anything else its pretty easy, i did my ipod in like 10 minutes. Just make sure to install the BSD subsystem or nothing will run. If you could post how to transfer ROMs to the ipod that would be cool.

benn
November 14th, 2007, 13:13
so what are the main benefits right now of using this. I presume it means I can run homebrew.
most important thing for me is to be able to drag and drop content without having to use itunes becuase that is a pain.

buildit92
November 14th, 2007, 14:32
yea ill post it this afternoon, if i dont then thats because im grounded because of the stuiped parent teacher confrences. lol.