PDA

View Full Version : How to Enable PS3 Remote Start on CFW 3.71 M33-3

wraggster
November 13th, 2007, 16:12
via psphacks (http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/post-1231065.html#p1231065) comes an interesting little tutorial to Enable PS3 Remote Start on CFW 3.71 M33-3

Download ofw 3.72
Download M33_NEWPSARDUMPER
Open USB Connection and put 3.72 eboot (rename it to UPDATE.PBP) in root of mem stick
Put PSARDUMPER in Game (3.71 kernal)
Run Psardumper
Press Square
After it's done dumping, open USB Connection and copy premo_plugin.prx (f0\vsh\module) and premo_plugin.rco (f0\vsh\resource) and paste them somewhere for safe keeping
You can delete the folder now.
Open recovery menu on PSP (right bumper and turn on with PSP still connected to PC)
Go to advanced
Select Toggle USB (flash0)
A new window should pop up on your PC
Make sure you have hidden files and system files viewable
Replace premo_plugin.prx (vsh\module) and premo_plugin.rco (vsh\resource) with the ones you copied
Select Toggle USB (flash0) to disable
Restart PSP

that should let the psp use 3.72 remote play on 3.71

Of course only try this if you know what your doing :)

DarthPaul
November 13th, 2007, 16:34
I mentioned this in the 3.71 m33-3 release thread.

tanukikun
November 13th, 2007, 19:17
Performed this on my slim and it tried to connect only to give me the "A system update for the PSP is required." error.

Hmmm...

ab9003
November 14th, 2007, 03:01
Hmm, I followed the instructions just fine and my psp slim is buzzing along just fine with remote play no problem. I had the system update issue before I did it but now it works great :).

DPyro
November 14th, 2007, 03:27
Found out about this long ago and posted it in the release thread :)

urherenow
November 14th, 2007, 05:14
tanukikun... do you have 3.71 m33-3 installed? (before you replaced the 2 files mentioned)

tanukikun
November 14th, 2007, 06:08
tanukikun... do you have 3.71 m33-3 installed? (before you replaced the 2 files mentioned)

yep, and I followed the listed instructions to the letter. The 3.72 Update is from Sony's website and I'm using the new PSAR Dumper posted here in the forums.

jeegee
November 14th, 2007, 11:32
Performed this on my slim and it tried to connect only to give me the "A system update for the PSP is required." error.

Hmmm...
Same goes for me but i'm using a phat one. 3.71 m33-3 cfw is what i'm running. Followed instructions to the letter. When i copied the prx and rco over though it only replaced one, think was the rco, also my modulle folder is called podule! does that make a difference??

Ah i see the difference now, re-read instructions and made sure folder was visible, podule and module are2 totally diff folders. lol. all set now.

tanukikun
November 14th, 2007, 11:56
That's interesting. On my slim, the module file is hidden under windows even with all files and folders set as visible. I just did the update on my Mac, instead. At least I know I'm not alone with this.

As a side note, I just updated my wife's PSP to OFW 3.72 to use Remote Play since she only watches videos and plays two games only.

Cloudhunter
November 14th, 2007, 15:41
That's interesting. On my slim, the module file is hidden under windows even with all files and folders set as visible. I just did the update on my Mac, instead. At least I know I'm not alone with this.

As a side note, I just updated my wife's PSP to OFW 3.72 to use Remote Play since she only watches videos and plays two games only.

You have to tell it to show System files aswell.

Cloudy

mnuhaily22
November 15th, 2007, 08:36
Works like a charm...

crona
November 15th, 2007, 23:40
very cool indeed, but does it start the PS3 remotely?

EDIT: DONT ALL ANSWER AT ONCE GUYS! lol i guess im alone on figuring this out... i did everything, but it doesnt start my ps3... maybe there's something i need to enable on PS3? ... i guess im about to find out

EDIT 2: yup, just had to activate it on ps3

smoky83
March 1st, 2008, 06:03
can you walk me through this....or send me some type of video....i'm having trouble....need to know how to get files on psp (fat) so i can use remote play with ps3