PDA

View Full Version : Emucamp Redesign

DCEmu_Newsposter
August 21st, 2004, 16:13
Its a quiet Dreamcast Day so i thought it would be good to turn those who dabble in website design, graphics etc to help get Emucamp back into one of the emulation scenes truly great websites.[br][br]The url is http://www.emucamp.com[br][br]Metafox asked me a while ago if any redesign would have a little of what the original site started as (basically it started as a Master System site- SMS Power-).[br][br]A fresh layout with Modern colours, left & right hand columns and also Emucamp needs lots of newsposters who are trustworthy and are massive fans of emulation, reply to this thread with comments designs etc.[br][br]Thanks

wraggster
August 21st, 2004, 21:26
im actually working on a new look as we speak ;)

Mental2k
August 22nd, 2004, 17:14
Hey wragg was messin about and threw together this in like 3 minutes.

wraggster
August 22nd, 2004, 17:36
cool

lets see what metafox thinks :)

souLLy
August 22nd, 2004, 18:13
hmmm, if i have time maybe i could work something out for metafox...

souLLy
August 22nd, 2004, 19:24
http://www.ben-hosier.com/images/emucamp.gif

theres a mock up of an idea... anyone?

Mental2k
August 23rd, 2004, 07:26
ah but soully is it websafe ;)

Nice anyway, whatever computer arts would say

souLLy
August 23rd, 2004, 17:43
ah but soully is it websafe ;)

Nice anyway, whatever computer arts would say
bollocks to computer arts heh.

MetaFox
August 23rd, 2004, 19:24
It's very... orange. ;)

I really want to keep EmuCamp's roots with the design though (SMS/Sega oriented - Since EmuCamp started out as SMS Camp).

wraggster
August 24th, 2004, 12:24
hmm what do you mean precisely :)

Please go into detail ;)

MetaFox
August 24th, 2004, 13:23
Bluish theme, you can nix the red/blue though :P

White with blue would work - or to give an even greater nod to EmuCamp's Roots, the old crisscross black and white SMS label design on table headers would be neat. :)

It doesn't precisely have to be Sonic themed, but is has been since 1997, so it would make sense to keep it that way. :)

And, on that note - Mental2k - the EmuCamp logo is good, but Sonic is a tad blurry. :P

wraggster
August 26th, 2004, 13:04
i wonder if this design but in the different colours

Mental2k
August 26th, 2004, 13:37
yeah metafox, i ripped it from Sonic 1. I meant to go and get another one and put it in. I'll go do that now...

Mental2k
August 26th, 2004, 13:52
And here you go. Old ties with sonic, new ties with the new evo style sonic.

MetaFox
August 26th, 2004, 13:54
And here you go. Old ties with sonic, new ties with the new evo style sonic.
Works for me. :)

wraggster
August 26th, 2004, 14:13
nice logo :)

Mental2k
August 26th, 2004, 15:51
And here's a mock up I jus threw together.

curt_grymala
August 26th, 2004, 18:46
That looks like a cool start. I'd either give the content boxes harder edges, or blend them together a little better, but I like the basic look. Obviously, the nav menu could be played with a little, too, but the idea is pretty solid, in my opinion.

Mental2k
September 1st, 2004, 14:24
phew was away there for a couple of days, actually from when I posted that till now. I literally threw that together in a last minute rush before I went.

I did that in photoshop, so I think thats why the edges look half blurred, I may have given them soft edges. I totally agree on the nav bar though.

I'll see if I cant build it in dreamweaver and upload a template some day soon.

Mental2k
September 1st, 2004, 16:14
Um metafox, if you like thius design could I have the source files for emucamp, so I can splice in your news handling scripts, I dont hold much truck with scriptin languages, but I think i might know just enough to splice it into a design.

MetaFox
September 1st, 2004, 17:13
Okey doke. Here you go.

http://www.cyberdogcastle.com/emucamp.txt

Mental2k
September 2nd, 2004, 15:48
Sorry, meta, actually meant all your source files for anythin that is server side :P I cant get the script out of them because the server handles it before its sent to the browser. If you copy all the pages off the server file and zip them I'll see if I can get them to work on my own server. Its all cgi scripts isnt it? or php?

Also I cant garuntee how quickly this'll be done because I'm startin school again soon. But i will get it done asap :)

MetaFox
September 3rd, 2004, 18:19
Sorry, meta, actually meant all your source files for anythin that is server side :PI don't think that's really neccessary, is it? You can just get the page set up the way you want, and either plug in the cgi variables on the page, or I'll plug them in myself.

Really all that's needed is a template.

Mental2k
September 4th, 2004, 13:07
Yeah thats fine, I'll leave the cgi to you! The site is progressing...

Mental2k
September 5th, 2004, 13:17
Um metafox, the story so far at

http://aa.1asphost.com/Hotwired/emucamp/emucamp

Providin host dont give up on me.

Mental2k
September 13th, 2004, 16:20
Um, metafox, any views on it?

MetaFox
September 13th, 2004, 16:41
Um, metafox, any views on it?It looks good. The white highlighted text is a bit odd though.

Other than that - it's pretty neat.

EDIT: Actually, after looking at it, maybe nix the top half of it - maybe just the logo on top without the searchbar? The top half is a bit weird.

Mental2k
September 13th, 2004, 16:52
I realise i start a lot of posts with um :-[ I'll hopefully have the new version up by tomorrow night.

Mental2k
September 14th, 2004, 16:47
updated now. Was wonderin do u want a collage of sega characters in the top right, to fill that empty space?

Mental2k
October 3rd, 2004, 08:54
Ok metafox the links should now point to the relevant parts of your site, the banner should work, I cant get the date to work, but I'd say u could do that. I think all thats left (providin my design suits) is for u to link up the cgi or whatever.

Link still at http://aa.1asphost.com/hotwired/emucamp/emucamp