PDA

View Full Version : The Great Forum Wars.

shadowprophet
November 14th, 2007, 05:37
Dear Dcemu don't ever change, There was a time when Dcemu was my one and only online home. For the most part it always was always has been and always will be.
But not so long ago. I decided to try something new. you know, Break away from the grind of the every day routine and try something new. I did find a set of forums that where a lot like dcemus, They had good people and great forums even though it was a some what smaller community I felt right at home there because It was so much a mirror image of Dcemu. So i adopted a second set forums.

Things where great. I would hit up Dcemu and then as a secondary set of forums I would hit up the other place and things where just spiffy. Just recently They decided to change their forums from VB to some pretty graphical foo foo driven dribble crap that's only designed to look good while robbing the user of a lot of functionality.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5000/shadsvd5.png

They where so useless, It had all the features of a generic my space guest book which as you know is just an empty field in which to type text.

So I left that set of pretty forums. One last pretty post to let them know they lost me as a member. Am I an asshole? that is not up for debate. I am indeed.

But I implore you Dcemu. And I say this with all due conviction. Change Dcemu as you see fit But the moment you leave behind VB as a forum base. Shadowprophet Will declare War on you..

ExcruciationX
November 14th, 2007, 05:50
Agreed, Shadowprophet.

shadowprophet
November 14th, 2007, 06:43
Btw, I got my 360 and halo 3 going on.

Anyone wanna play some halo.

shdowprophecy is my gamer tag. ( yes letter for letter that is spelled correctly)

if you cant find me that way,

[email protected] you can always add my msn and add me as an x box live friend that way. this goes out to anyone and everyone that wants to be on my friends list or even play some halo3

I figured kaiser would play me in some halo3 but I havent been able to reach him on x box live at all.

ExcruciationX
November 14th, 2007, 07:09
Good to know...

Johnny Rash
November 14th, 2007, 09:46
I agree. VB is pretty cool.

Even if it's being very slow right now...

It's running on my PSP in which I'm typing this message.

ExcruciationX
November 14th, 2007, 16:24
You must kick ass with typing on that keyboard!

Johnny Rash
November 15th, 2007, 02:15
It's not too difficult when you put out over 400 text messages each day.

kcajblue
November 15th, 2007, 02:47
suddenly changing stuff about forums wouldnt be fun at all.

ICE
November 15th, 2007, 02:47
VB is pretty great albeit not free.. lol
Im stuck with phpbb for me site :P