PDA

View Full Version : Schafer too busy for XBLA

Shrygue
November 14th, 2007, 19:35
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=87526)

Double Fine's Tim Schafer says he's keen to do an Xbox Live Arcade game, but hasn't got the time at the moment what with all the developing and that.

"We talk about making Xbox Live Arcade games all the time," he said during an IGDA Leadership Forum Q&A. "Who doesn't want to make Xbox Live Arcade games?"

Gamasutra reports that he elaborated thus: "It's like when you see a Great Dane taking a giant s*** and then you see a poodle taking a little Tootsie Roll s***. The poodle is so cute, but at the end of the day you're still picking up s***." Yes.

"Seriously though, we'd love to make Xbox Live Arcade games, but we're really busy now."

That's probably because Schafer and friends are working on Brutal Legend for PS3 and Xbox 360 - an action adventure in which you take on the role of Eddie Riggs, a roadie for a band who ends up fighting demons who've enslaved humanity. Sort of like Army of Darkness, but with guitars.

When he's not doing that, Schafer - who's credits include games like Full Throttle and Eurogamer fave Psychonauts - admits that he likes to unwind with, er, games. "I'm really into playing [Zelda] Phantom Hourglass on my DS," he said. "I have a longer commute now and I love playing it on the train." Good man.