PDA

View Full Version : Blackjack DS v0.2

wraggster
November 14th, 2007, 21:58
Scott McFly (http://palib.info/forum/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3846&forum=9) has updated his Blackjack game for DS:

I posted the first, text-based version of this about 7 weeks ago as my first homebrew app, and the response was that graphics were needed. So after some playing about with graphics, sprites and whatnot for a while, here's version 0.2, now with some eye-pleasing graphics and touch screen controls!

To summarise the game, it's a Blackjack game where the object is to get to 21 with your cards without going over. It's a fairly well known game, so the rules should be straight-forward. I'll be including a complete rule explanation in the program on a later release. As in the previous release, the random number generator is only random when used on a DS, so use the program on actual hardware for the bet experience.

The next improvements I have in mind are graphics for the playing area (top screen), some sound effects, possibly some background music and the option to split your hand should you start with 2 cards of the same value.

My vision of the program is to eventually offer a fully-customisable Blackjack experience, as Blackjack rules vary considerably in every region, country and establishment in the world, and I want the user to be able to enable, disable or tweak any rules or options applicable to their preference.

Any feedback would be appreciated, as I mentioned, I only had 1 piece of feedback from the 1st release and I took it on board, so I really do value everyone's opinion!

Thanks!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

talonreaper
November 15th, 2007, 21:46
Wow, never knew about this 'brew. I love blackjack.

Do you think wi-fi play will be available in the future? If yes, please make sure you have it possible to play randomly instead of having to type in your buddy's ip...

Downloading Now... ...