PDA

View Full Version : Bunjalloo 0.5 - Web browser for DS

wraggster
November 14th, 2007, 22:03
Quirky (http://code.google.com/p/quirkysoft/wiki/Bunjalloo) has updated Bunjalloo,his homebrew web browser for the DS

Changes 0.4 to 0.5:

Add HTTPS for proxy and direct connections.
Make cookies work more thoroughly.
Bug fixes (add name to .nds again, content refreshing fix, tags after </body>)
Update to dswifi 0.3.4

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Sigma83
November 15th, 2007, 01:37
Pretty solid app. Won't be able to login to gmail but the webbrowsing otherwise is extremely fast and the scrollbar on the right works rreally well....no jumps. Please keep up the great work, thanks!

sboi
November 15th, 2007, 04:32
gd application. Love it.

MasterMan
November 15th, 2007, 23:04
The keyboard feels a bit sticky since the first 0.2 build.
Also, it's so good that is a shame don't have a bookmark feature, maybe a button in toolbar wich toggles a dropdown list of 5 or 6 last used entries. And a "more" option to show all the bookmarks in a file.
Hope Quirky look into it.

juiceface
November 16th, 2007, 03:39
how do i configure this app to connect to my wireless router? i dont seem to see any configuration settings in the app

Sigma83
November 16th, 2007, 06:51
You'll need another app that allows u to setup the wireless connection. If you have mario kart, use the wireless setup in that game. Otherwise, you can use the homebrew program DSOrganize, and flip to the configuration settings and one of the tabs has connection settings. It allows u to scan for open connections and u select whihc u want. Then you can enter a WEP key if u need it. Then save, and reboot in bunjaloo. DSOrganize has a browser as well incase u haven't tried that one too. They're pretty similar at this point. Use dsorganize 3.05 at the moment, I don't think the bugs in 3.1 are corrected yet.

Jeric
February 9th, 2008, 18:51
Thread Necromancy!

I really do appologize, but I've sat and waited for the thing to connect to google(to see how well it worked). Every other wifi app I have works fine(dsmail, dsorganize, clirc, dsaim, ect) but this one just kinda sits there.

Pupulone
February 26th, 2009, 15:37
You'll need another app that allows u to setup the wireless connection. If you have mario kart, use the wireless setup in that game. Otherwise, you can use the homebrew program DSOrganize, and flip to the configuration settings and one of the tabs has connection settings. It allows u to scan for open connections and u select whihc u want. Then you can enter a WEP key if u need it. Then save, and reboot in bunjaloo. DSOrganize has a browser as well incase u haven't tried that one too. They're pretty similar at this point. Use dsorganize 3.05 at the moment, I don't think the bugs in 3.1 are corrected yet.

I tried that, but it won't work. I have DS Organize and I saved the connection but Bunjalloo stil won't connect to my wireless internet. The browser from Ds Organize works fine and I can load internet pages, but Bunjalloo doesn't. Please help.

crookedmouth
February 26th, 2009, 23:30
First try the newest version 0.7.2

Download
http://quirkysoft.googlecode.com/files/bunjalloo-0.7.2.zip

thegroisht44
March 8th, 2009, 12:38
Pupulone, any progress on this? I'm having the same problem. Also where can I find the browser for DSOrganize?

Tanmay429
March 8th, 2009, 18:18
Pupulone, any progress on this? I'm having the same problem. Also where can I find the browser for DSOrganize?

Dude, All you do is go to DSOrganize, then choose web browser :p

thegroisht44
March 9th, 2009, 16:21
Interesting.. When I go on DSorganize it has a file browser but no web browser. Either I'm being retarded or I have an early version cos I can't see anything that vaguely resembles a web browser on that thing. Pretty redundant though as I heard it's not such a good browser. I just wanna get Bunjalloo working but it's proving to be a major ball ache.

thegroisht44
March 10th, 2009, 08:25
Ok, I was being retarded. However, the DSO browser STILL won't connect to wifi. It just says 'associating' for about 30 seconds then says 'failed to connect'. Help? =( Doing this kinda shit is far harder when you're doing it thousands of miles from home..

crookedmouth
March 10th, 2009, 12:43
Ok, I was being retarded. However, the DSO browser STILL won't connect to wifi. It just says 'associating' for about 30 seconds then says 'failed to connect'. Help? =( Doing this kinda shit is far harder when you're doing it thousands of miles from home..

You are using the newest version of Bunjalloo, right?

Getting wifi to work can be very easy or very hard.

Is your Wireless network 'open' or is there security?

In DSO go to configuration (at bottom), on the last tab you'll see a little wi-fi icon. Choose that.

You'll see three boxes, these are used to save three separate wi-fi configurations.

At the top of the screen is a selector to choose firmware or DSOrganize.

Keep it at firmware and choose the first box.

choose Scan, what happens?

I think you can do the same thing in Wi-Fi enabled games.

Setting up wi-fi manually(without DHCP or whetever) can be fairly annoying.

most of the gateways and ips can be found by opening your command prompt and typing ipconfig

googled for a guide, might help
http://www.myds.com.au/GuideDetail.aspx?id=6