PDA

View Full Version : gdrom drives

grantspain
November 15th, 2007, 00:22
hello all,
i have asked permission but as yet recieved a reply regarding marketing of new replacement gdrom drives for dreamcast on this forum.
As an arcade tech i had problems finding gdrom for my sega games and the repair costs and the time scale were unacceptable.
i took it upon myself to find an alternative to sega's replacement service and after many hours/days of work i actually found a company that can supply the full unit at a very good price.
I know many people buy second hand dreamcast from certain sites to repair their's but they are not new and could suffer failure at any time.
what i am offering are brand new units that take about 5-10 mins to install(even my wife can do it) and give at least another 5 years of happy gaming.
At this time i have only been supplying the arcade industry but it seems only logical to give home gamers a chance to bypass the bull of the big company's.
i would like to know people's comments on this,whether you are interested and what questions you have.
i look forward to your comments

Tomlo
November 24th, 2007, 09:39
Very Interesting, I havent seen replacement gd-rom drives up for sale since long before lik-sang was shut down.

However a dreamcast itself doesnt really cost much anymore, basically $15 USD now adays. It would not be very economical to sell only one part. Something like a BBA would be very successful to sell but a GD-ROM drive can easily be salvaged from any another unit witout any problems.

Dont let me discourage you, but if a cheap price cant be acheived then you wont see any profit.